Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ McCarron Trade in Works
(03-09-2017, 01:09 PM)Okeana Wrote: because he can play next to atkins and they can draft a DE ?  It looks like they are letting Peko walk and this would be a huge improvement.

Not arguing that but again, it would be for only 1 year and now we have some major issues elsewhere... 
[Image: 29p43f6.png]

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:08 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: He's also notorious for showing up late and/or missing meetings.

I don't see him as being a good fit here.  You have to ask yourself why the Jets would want to get rid of a young, talented D-lineman.  

Because they are loaded and have 3 dominatin DL.  The other two are signed for the next 2 years and on.  They need a qb, so the flip a guy they are never gonna sign for a qb.  Now they can go after something else in draft.  It makes so much sense on their end.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:12 PM)Paul from Dayton Wrote: Not arguing that but again, it would be for only 1 year and now we have some major issues elsewhere... 

Everyone is freaking out because of the loss of Whitworth and Z, but you guys should have seen this coming.  This was a weak class for Free agent and draftable Oline.  We need to improve our D line and this does that so don't immediately start complaining about something until we have a full outline of the deal.  We can still draft more O line and address it in Free agency.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Nice! Bengals could get a very good DT for 1 year and playing for a new contract. He does well and sees a huge pay day in 2018 wich the Bengals wont pay so he goes elsewhere. We get a bitchin comp pick in 2019 draft. This is Mike Brown ball at it's finest. I love this eye for the future. So shrewd. Ninja

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:19 PM)Okeana Wrote: Everyone is freaking out because of the loss of Whitworth and Z, but you guys should have seen this coming.  This was a weak class for Free agent and draftable Oline.  We need to improve our D line and this does that so don't immediately start complaining about something until we have a full outline of the deal.  We can still draft more O line and address it in Free agency.

Actually, no, we shouldn't have seen it coming.  The Bengals mantra has been to draft and re-sign their own.  They have plenty of cap space, so there is no reason that we couldn't sign these guys - NONE.

I have no problem when a team lets guys walk - especially when they are getting huge deals elsewhere, but I have a major problem when the team always uses the "we sign our own" as an excuse for not being active in free agency.

You can't have it both ways, and when the team says this shit, they need to keep their word.

For the record, I don't have a huge problem with Whit leaving as he is only going to be playing for a couple more years, but letting Dre and Z walk (if it happens) will bug me,.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:02 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Well bengals get an impact DE, and then still get a 3rd round comp pick when he signs somewhere else.  Or maybe bengals sign him long term

It's a win win

Yeah, can't complain about this. This guy is one hell of a player that is still in his prime. This would be rare for us.

We usually pick up guys when they are washed up.

We can still add to the O-line even though losing Whitworth is a major loss.

We need to add some maulers in the run game to take the pressure off of Dalton. Wisnewski and Warmack.

Than this will be a great move.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:15 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Because they are loaded and have 3 dominatin DL.  The other two are signed for the next 2 years and on.  They need a qb, so the flip a guy they are never gonna sign for a qb.  Now they can go after something else in draft.  It makes so much sense on their end.

And it makes zero sense on the Bengals end to pick up a guy that shows up late and skips meetings.  That's not the guy you want in your locker room. 

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/11/jets_sheldon_richardson_muhammad_wilkerson_miss_te.html

Seriously, no thanks.  
Reply/Quote
If this was 2015 when having some help on hte DL could have been all we needed, sure.

But now we've got bigger and bigger holes forming. One of which could be backup quarterback considering our line — as of right now without Whit and Zeitler — looks like a giant question mark. I don't think renting a DE/DT does anything for us. I'd rather keep AJM or, at the least, get a couple draft picks as we look to rebuild lines.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:38 PM)Benton Wrote: If this was 2015 when having some help on hte DL could have been all we needed, sure.

But now we've got bigger and bigger holes forming. One of which could be backup quarterback considering our line — as of right now without Whit and Zeitler — looks like a giant question mark. I don't think renting a DE/DT does anything for us. I'd rather keep AJM or, at the least, get a couple draft picks as we look to rebuild lines.

If the line is bad enough to get Dalton IRed, it's safe to say we wont be in the super bowl hunt and a quality back up QB would do nothing to change that sad reality.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Say he does join and have a great season..

Can't we just franchise tag and do a contract?

Imagine him and Geno in the middle...

Goodness.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I'm not going to let the Whit news influence my opinion on this. It's a great move IF we can get him under contract long term. What's better? An unknown 2nd round pick? Or a 26 year old Pro Bowl DE/DT?

We can work on the line with our 11 picks...hopefully not the 1st rounder though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not going to let the Whit news influence my opinion on this. It's a great move IF we can get him under contract long term. What's better? An unknown 2nd round pick? Or a 26 year old Pro Bowl DE/DT?

We can work on the line with our 11 picks...hopefully not the 1st rounder though.

I was kind of surprised by the negative outrage, but its a rough morning for those Bengals fans with their heads in the sand.  Its a positive for our roster and I expect that will get a draft pick with this trade if they want to move Richardson badly enough.  

Reply/Quote
Without an extension, hell no. The guy will just walk in a year
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:02 PM)Okeana Wrote: He had a street racing incident, but nothing after that.  

Agreed as part of this deal there has to be some type of extension or some type of draft pick compensation packaged

Just read about it, and hopefully he has cleaned up his act.  Was already suspended for failing drug tests when he was clocked at 143 mph, tried out outrun the police, and had loaded weapons in the car.  The arresting officer said the car wreaked of marijuana.  The part that really bothered me was that he had a 12 year old in the car with him... come on dude...
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:05 PM)Okeana Wrote: I was kind of surprised by the negative outrage, but its a rough morning for those Bengals fans with their heads in the sand.  Its a positive for our roster and I expect that will get a draft pick with this trade if they want to move Richardson badly enough.  

If they give us Richardson AND a draft pick, that speaks volumes about how badly they want to get rid of him.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:52 PM)Burma Wrote: If the line is bad enough to get Dalton IRed, it's safe to say we wont be in the super bowl hunt and a quality back up QB would do nothing to change that sad reality.

So true, don't get why anyone would think any backup QB would save our team, let alone McCarron.

We are not the Patriots, we are the opposite.

(03-09-2017, 01:53 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Say he does join and have a great season..

Can't we just franchise tag and do a contract?

Imagine him and Geno in the middle...

Goodness.

Cannot believe people would not be excited for this. This would be the first time we ever brought in a guy
that was in his prime that would seriously help this team at a position of weakness. First time i can remember.

What an upgrade to MJ, Clarke, Hunt and Hardison and like you said can slide inside and disrupt with Geno.

(03-09-2017, 01:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not going to let the Whit news influence my opinion on this. It's a great move IF we can get him under contract long term. What's better? An unknown 2nd round pick? Or a 26 year old Pro Bowl DE/DT?

Good job Shake at being rational, but i just saw the Whit news so it still is resonating big time.

Still can go BPA in the first round. I would be very happy with this trade.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:08 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: If they give us Richardson AND a draft pick, that speaks volumes about how badly they want to get rid of him.

Richardson just doesn't fit their scheme and only has a year left.  They want to clear the 8 million off the books so it kinda makes sense that they have to offer some kinda incentive.  AJ McCarron gives them a strong cheap option at Quarterback and with guys like Glennon getting paid stupid money this would be a win win for the jets.  The Bengals know this and aren't known for getting the bad end of a trade deal.

Reply/Quote
Am down with trade.

We have neglected the defense with early draft picks last several years and it looks as if offense will get the lions share of top picks again.

Plus McCarron will walk after next year as well with no a chance of re-signing him. Unless Dalton is killed which is definite possibility now.

Pull the trigger.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:06 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Just read about it, and hopefully he has cleaned up his act.  Was already suspended for failing drug tests when he was clocked at 143 mph, tried out outrun the police, and had loaded weapons in the car.  The arresting officer said the car wreaked of marijuana.  The part that really bothered me was that he had a 12 year old in the car with him... come on dude...

Sure hope he has cleaned up his act. Crazy, nutz, stupid and careless all rolled up into one right there.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:13 PM)Okeana Wrote: Richardson just doesn't fit their scheme and only has a year left.  They want to clear the 8 million off the books so it kinda makes sense that they have to offer some kinda incentive.  AJ McCarron gives them a strong cheap option at Quarterback and with guys like Glennon getting paid stupid money this would be a win win for the jets.  The Bengals know this and aren't known for getting the bad end of a trade deal.

No, one thing we are good at is trades.
Reply/Quote