Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ McCarron Trade in Works
Real or not, if they'd somehow take the 7mil hike I'd do it. I don't agree that it does nothing. Either is a rental and would fetch a high comp pick, the upside is if you get the guy a chofer he may actually resign. He's an ideal hybrid athletic DT or power guy outside, he fits right in as a 3rd threat on the DL. You get to ease your true NT in, and most importantly it helps fight thr temptation to take a DE out if need in passing on someone like Fournette who may be their BPA.
Reply/Quote
One alternative i wouldn't mind seeing is packaging Hill in with AJ McCarron to trade for some picks.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 09:49 PM)Okeana Wrote: One alternative i wouldn't mind seeing is packaging Hill in with AJ McCarron to trade for some picks.

I would love something like this.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 06:14 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Why anyone would opt for Cutler at this point I'll never know. At least AJ has upside.

Hard to say.  Cutler is older and his resume doesn't look so hot, but the guy has lots of football talent and he's managed to at least make it to the NFC Championship game before the Bears fired their HC after a 10-6 season and hired a CFL coach.  McCarron would be cheaper and COULD be more of a long-term option, but I'm thinking "upside" in this case means "younger" and "empty resume" more than anything.

Cutler is a mopey and expensive downer, but the NFL might have more cases of vets finding a 2nd or 3rd life in a new location than 5th round QBs turning it on...right?  Anyways, the Jets are a talent-poor team with a HC who seems in over his head so it doesn't much matter.  McCarron hain't going nowhere because comp pick in 2019!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Richardson
Geno
Billings
Dunlap

Oh My....

Yeah try and run on that front.  I'm all for it.  
Reply/Quote
I just mocked this today:

Cut: Michael Johnson, Rey Mauluga, and Margus Hunt

FA: Sign Andre Smith on a prove it deal for one year for 3-4 million with incentives for health, fitness and performance.
This will be a nice fallback at right tackle or starter if Fisher should struggle.
Sign Dontae Hightower OLB
Sign Nick Mangold C

Trades: AJ McCarron and 5th round pick to NYJ for Sheldon Richardson DE/DT

Trade back in 1st round and pick up a mid to late 2nd round pick.

Draft:

1) Zach Cunningham LB Vanderbilt-starter at MLB for the next ten years. Excellent size and athleticism.
ability to play all three downs.

2) Obi Melifonwu S UConn- I've always loved George Iloka's size. Here is a version just as big and more athletic.

2b) Bucky Hodges TE-great red zone target with incredible leaping ability and size. Also a nice insurance policy for Eifert.

3) Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma- I know there are concerns about character, but he had one major incident his freshman year
and has kept his nose clean since. Best running back in the draft outside of Fournette.

4) Taylor Moton OT Western Michigan-This guy could be the heir apparent at right tackle.

4b) Isaac Asiata G/C Utah-a big mauler type guard who could also potentially play center.

5) Traded to Jets

5b) Zane Gonzalez K Arizona State- Accurate with a big leg to challenge Randy Bullock.

6) Derek Rivers EDGE Youngstown- A possible SLB or situational pass rusher with loads of speed and quickness and good size.

6b) Jerod Evans QB Virginia Tech- Excellent physical tools with some productivity. Could develop into a strong backup.

7) Stacey Coley WR Miami-A burner who could contribute out of the slot or on special teams.

7b)Sidney Jones CB Washington- Would have been a top ten pick, but tore his achilles at his pro day. Definitely worth stashing if he's
available at this pick. After all, the Bengals watched Leon Hall come back from this injury twice to be productive.

Frankly with this offseason, I see us as a top defensive team that can rely on the run and special teams for offense if the line is not up to
pass protecting with the losses of Zeitler and Whit.
Reply/Quote