Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AJ says Ross is healthy and explosive again
He’s got his confidence back,” Green told Sporting News of Ross. “The way he’s working this offseason is unbelievable. He’s healthy and explosive again.”

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/5/3/17315036/aj-green-says-john-ross-healthy-explosive-again-bengals-wide-receiver
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 08:09 PM)Trademark Wrote: He’s got his confidence back,” Green told Sporting News of Ross. “The way he’s working this offseason is unbelievable. He’s healthy and explosive again.”

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/5/3/17315036/aj-green-says-john-ross-healthy-explosive-again-bengals-wide-receiver

That's great to hear, let's hope he has a beast of a season this year.
Reply/Quote
Stellar news. If it's accurate, we can expect a very lethal combination in our receiving corps!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Skeptically optimistic...

Other than the Oline gelling, getting Ross going is probably the most important piece of the puzzle for this team to be successful.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 08:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Stellar news. If it's accurate, we can expect a very lethal combination in our receiving corps!

He certainly can't hurt his chances of getting his mojo back by working with AJ.  AJ strikes me as the type of worker that if something he wanted to do didn't turn out right the first time, he would likely spend the rest of the day teaching himself how to do it without even having to think about it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Things are starting to sound very positive.
Price in as C, hopefully the rest of the O-Line falls into place and with Ross, AJ , Boyd, Bernard and Mixon along with a fit Eifert, . I feel we can have a great season if Dalton stays healthy
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 09:01 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Things are starting to sound very positive.
Price in as C, hopefully the rest of the O-Line falls into place and with Ross, AJ , Boyd, Bernard and Mixon along with a fit Eifert, . I feel we can have a great season if Dalton stays healthy

That’s one thing I don’t worry about with Dalton. His one injury was a freak accident. Keeping #85 healthy is the real concern...

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 09:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s one thing I don’t worry about with Dalton. His one injury was a freak accident. Keeping #85 healthy is the real concern...

You are right about 85 but my only concern is if Dalton goes down it could be a long hard season , I don't think we have anyone else on the team that can step up.
Reply/Quote
Great News ! I sure hope Ross gets on track this season.
Reply/Quote
Nope, I'm not falling for it.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 08:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Skeptically optimistic...

Other than the Oline gelling, getting Ross going is probably the most important piece of the puzzle for this team to be successful.

I'd say Eifert woukld be a bigger game changer than Ross.

But while I feel pretty good about Ross playing well this year I have serious doubts about Eifert.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 08:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He certainly can't hurt his chances of getting his mojo back by working with AJ.  AJ strikes me as the type of worker that if something he wanted to do didn't turn out right the first time, he would likely spend the rest of the day teaching himself how to do it without even having to think about it.

AJ is the anti-Chad.

Both truly elite receivers, but total opposits personality wise.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 09:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'd say Eifert woukld be a bigger game changer than Ross.

But while I feel pretty good about Ross playing well this year I have serious doubts about Eifert.

Who wouldn’t? He’s been stellar when on the field, but hardly there when it counts.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 08:09 PM)Trademark Wrote: He’s got his confidence back,” Green told Sporting News of Ross. “The way he’s working this offseason is unbelievable. He’s healthy and explosive again.”

I'm still convinced the team knew he was not ready health wise last season and knew he wouldn't be when drafted. Nothing against Ross, he seems like a great guy but I still feel that it was a horrible pick considering our other needs. Glad he feels confident in the offseason, would much rather hear this when the season starts.
Reply/Quote
Catching passes with no pads Is one thing and playing live football is another. I'll believe it when I see it. With all that said even the one and only play last year he looked downright scary. Scary as in defenses beware. His fumble was a perfect hit helmet right on the ball. Just need to get Erickson off the field and this guy on it.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 01:21 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Catching passes with no pads Is one thing and playing live football is another.   I'll believe it when I see it.   With all that said even the one and only play last year he looked downright scary.   Scary as in defenses beware.   His fumble was a perfect hit helmet right on the ball.   Just need to get Erickson off the field and this guy on it.

I have a feeling we're not going to send Ross across the middle of the defense very often LOL
Reply/Quote

Well, it's hard to imagine him having a worse season than last year.

But, if you go back to his college play he had one good season out of 4. In fact, in the last three seasons, counting his rookie NFL season, he's only caught the ball in one of them. So I wouldn't count LaFell out as the #2 WR going into the season opener.

Reply/Quote
I just love it because, if he can get on the field, it opens things up for AJ because he knows that teams will have to pay attention to Ross, which will draw coverage away from him.

Mixon also benefits from this because it's hard to bring a safety into the box when we have two deep threats.

It's times like these that make me even more mad that we didn't address our line more in the draft because, if Andy has time, we have some amazing weapons.

Let's hope Pollack can coach them up or that we'll get some quality free agents, maybe after some guys get cut.

Like I said, if the line didn't worry me, this praise from AJ would have me BEYOND pumped up.
Reply/Quote
Think about it this way...if, and that's a BIG IF, Ross and Eifert are healthy it's like infusing the offense with 3 first round picks it didn't have last year with Price at center. Then there's Cordy Glenn at left tackle. That could be 4 huge pieces they didn't habe last year on the offensive side of the ball. There's no way the offense can't be 100 times better than last year.
Reply/Quote

[Image: yeah_boyeee_shaun_of_the_dead.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote