Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship
Im all for gay & lesbian rights, and pretty much most rights for trans people. But not for a trans-boy to girl playing girls sports because of what Fred said above. Now if it was a trans girl to boy wanting to play a boy sport, then I am fine with that actually.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-07-2016, 12:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought the bigger point was a male participated in the female championships. I suppose different people focus on different things from the same story. I just hope they got all the names right. 

the real point is lucie lied in his thread title

which isnt shocking
People suck
(06-07-2016, 12:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought the bigger point was a male participated in the female championships. I suppose different people focus on different things from the same story. I just hope they got all the names right. 

Well then I guess you should take that up with the OP since he is the one that focused on the erroneous fact not present within the article.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(06-07-2016, 08:44 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think your thread title is misleading, because from the article you posted she didn't win. 

(06-07-2016, 12:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you think the point of the article is who actually won the race?

(06-07-2016, 12:34 PM)Benton Wrote: I thought the point was the erroneous title that said a boy won the girl's race... which didn't happen.

(06-07-2016, 12:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought the bigger point was a male participated in the female championships. 

It's only page one, no need for the hail mary yet.

EDIT: It's page 2, sorry, there were more comments. Maybe it is time for the hail mary.
(06-07-2016, 12:40 PM)Griever Wrote: the real point is lucie lied in his thread title

which isnt shocking

(06-07-2016, 12:42 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Well then I guess you should take that up with the OP since he is the one that focused on the erroneous fact not present within the article.
Never mind. I now see the motivation.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-07-2016, 12:38 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Im all for gay & lesbian rights, and pretty much most rights for trans people. But not for a trans-boy to girl playing girls sports because of what Fred said above. Now if it was a trans girl to boy wanting to play a boy sport, then I am fine with that actually.

That's pretty much how I feel.

Soccer in my area used to be mixed. Only a few schools had all boy or all girl teams. Per KHSAA rules, girls could compete on the boy's teams against all boys teams, but not vice versa. It was never an issue, and a lot of the smaller schools had a girl or two who started on the boys team because they just didn't have enough kids.

And this was high school.
(06-07-2016, 12:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Never mind. I now see the motivation.  

Good...Click-bait is bad no matter who does it.   ThumbsUp

(06-07-2016, 12:47 PM)Benton Wrote: That's pretty much how I feel.

Soccer in my area used to be mixed. Only a few schools had all boy or all girl teams. Per KHSAA rules, girls could compete on the boy's teams against all boys teams, but not vice versa. It was never an issue, and a lot of the smaller schools had a girl or two who started on the boys team because they just didn't have enough kids.

And this was high school.

This is exactly how it was at my schools.  I have no issues with it either.

(06-07-2016, 12:43 PM)Benton Wrote: It's only page one, no need for the hail mary yet.

EDIT: It's page 2, sorry, there were more comments. Maybe it is time for the hail mary.

If only we knew of a Mod that could correct the title of the thread so folks would maybe focus on the point. 

Naahhh....this is funner. 

(06-07-2016, 12:47 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Good...Click-bait is bad no matter who does it.   ThumbsUp

Lucie is a Master baiter...

[Image: 1259_master_baiter.jpg?v=1363617772]
(06-07-2016, 12:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If only we knew of a Mod that could correct the title of the thread so folks would maybe focus on the point. 

I can't speak for anyone but me, but any time I've been asked to change a thread title, I have.
(06-07-2016, 12:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: Lucie is a Master baiter...

[Image: 1259_master_baiter.jpg?v=1363617772]

i guess he has to get his jollies off somehow if it doesnt happen at home
People suck
(06-07-2016, 12:51 PM)Benton Wrote: I can't speak for anyone but me, but any time I've been asked to change a thread title, I have.

Sometimes we got to be proactive. Especially when it's obvious the train is going off the rails.

The OP can actually change it; but he most likely enjoys the attention that folks are giving him. I just thought it was a situation that could be discussed instead of where we have gone. 

Later for this thread. 

I'm guessing the OP was a big block of text with next to no actual commentary. When the title is as much as your actual post, should people not go off what claims you're making in the title?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-07-2016, 12:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you think the point of the article is who actually won the race?

No.  That is not the point of the article.  That was the point made by the OP.  Erroneouslyusly, I may add.

See above, however Lucy titled the article himself and then followed up with his words:

(06-07-2016, 03:30 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/06/06/biological-male-allowed-compete-female-high-schoolers-alaska/

I believe I said this would happen to girls high school sports. Pioneering female athletes like Babe Didrikson would be ashamed this is happening.

(06-07-2016, 12:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If only we knew of a Mod that could correct the title of the thread so folks would maybe focus on the point. 

All he has to do is request it...but...

(06-07-2016, 12:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sometimes we got to be proactive. Especially when it's obvious the train is going off the rails.

The OP can actually change it; but he most likely enjoys the attention that folks are giving him. I just thought it was a situation that could be discussed instead of where we have gone. 

Later for this thread. 

Where "we have gone" is saying the title is wrong and then discussing transgender boys competing with girls in a civilized manner.

Well, until someone changed the subject....

Wanna guess who?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-07-2016, 12:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm guessing the OP was a big block of text with next to no actual commentary. When the title is as much as your actual post, should people not go off what claims you're making in the title?

No.  He got on his back and attempted an autofellatio-own-horn-tooting as well.  Got distracted by something shiny and gave up.

Quote:I believe I said this would happen to girls high school sports. 

No, but that would be why I had the additional commentary. The point of the Breitbart article was an attempt to say that allowing the young trans woman to compete was unfair, the point of the original article was telling the story of the young trans woman competing and doing well and allowing both sides of the argument regarding her competing to have their expressions in the media.

My jab at the thread title was because it was erroneous. The rest of my post was focused on how there was no evidence that the situation was unfair to anyone involved. There is not enough evidence to support any such claim, only the opinions of some competitors and spectators. So my post was actually discussing the topic, as was my follow-up post. But you decided to only focus on the bit about the title.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-07-2016, 12:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sometimes we got to be proactive. Especially when it's obvious the train is going off the rails.

Later for this thread. 

I know, it would be great if people would respond to the content of posts as a whole instead of nit picking on one thing in an attempt at a "gotcha." I mean, those are fun and all, but then proceeding to actually address the rest of the post in a more comprehensive way would provide for a much better environment on the boards all around that could lead to, if not productive, at least more meaningful conversations as well as, potentially, fewer vitriolic interactions.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-07-2016, 01:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: Where "we have gone" is saying the title is wrong and then discussing transgender boys competing with girls in a civilized manner.

Well, until someone changed the subject....

Wanna guess who?

Cool 

Rep.
(06-07-2016, 01:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well, until someone changed the subject....

Wanna guess who?

This guy?

GMDino Wrote:Can you imagine if it has been a Muslim transgender?