Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship
(06-07-2016, 05:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: Well considering he just said he "tapped out" I am back to thinking he misremebers as there aren't "tap outs" in wrestling. However, like I said before it was a railroad job as there was no reason for people of that size difference to actually be in a competitive match.

The hell there isn't. When your arm is bending in way it ain't meant to you're tapping.

Remember this wasn't an actual match with a coach that was clearly lax with the rules.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-07-2016, 05:43 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: The hell there isn't. When your arm is bending in way it ain't meant to you're tapping.

Remember this wasn't an actual match with a coach that was clearly lax with the rules.

How long ago was this?
(06-07-2016, 05:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: How long ago was this?

My sophomore or freshman year...so...17-18 years ago.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-07-2016, 05:45 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: My sophomore or freshman year...so...17-18 years ago.

The problem with your recollection is that "tapping out" is not a thing. The could scream out and it could be a potentially dangerous or even an illegal hold, either way though the match doesn't end. I still think you may be misremebering some of the details here, but it really doesn't change the point. The coach was probably just trying to run her off, but you didn't quite help him out.
(06-07-2016, 05:32 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Don't ever presume to know what'd I'd do in a situation. You and I are on completely different wave lengths.

I don't claim to know why the others shied away - fear of hurting her seems as likely as your misogynistic fear of losing to a girl. In my mind a W is a W - she knew what she was signing up for. And I thought my story made it pretty apparent it was try outs (when I said I made the team and she didn't - but then that'd require reading and reading is hard) - but yes it was during try outs. Try outs I didn't even want to attend but a buddy called in some favors on me to fill out the weight class (I weighed 170 in case you were wondering).

As to the last (and frankly irrelevant) statement, I don't care to remember it. As I stated above, I did it as a favor and didn't enjoy it even when I won.

Why were you wrestling out of your weight class for a tryout?   
(06-07-2016, 05:53 PM)Au165 Wrote: The problem with your recollection is that "tapping out" is not a thing. The could scream out and it could be a potentially dangerous or even an illegal hold, either way though the match doesn't end. I still think you may be misremebering some of the details here, but it really doesn't change the point. The coach was probably just trying to run her off, but you didn't quite help him out.

It wasn't an actual match. If we tapped during practice for any reason we were seperated.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-07-2016, 05:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why were you wrestling out of your weight class for a tryout?   

He was testing her, not me.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-07-2016, 05:43 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: The hell there isn't. When your arm is bending in way it ain't meant to you're tapping.

So you were horse playing then....   Which would have zero bearing on her not making the team over you.   
(06-07-2016, 05:56 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: It wasn't an actual match. If we tapped during practice for any reason we were seperated.

Why was there so much tapping? I have been in te sport for 20 years and never seen someone tap on practice as it isn't part of the sport.
(06-07-2016, 05:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: Why was there so much tapping? I have been in te sport for 20 years and never seen someone tap on practice as it isn't part of the sport.

The high school I went to wasn't exactly full of kids who obeyed the rules all that well.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-07-2016, 05:56 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: He was testing her, not me.

Coaches don't do that...   They are responsible for the safety of every athlete in their care.  

You don't test anyone in wrestling by making them wrestle 50lbs above their weight class.  
(06-07-2016, 05:59 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: The high school I went to wasn't exactly full of kids who obeyed the rules all that well.

Are you seriously going with that lol 
(06-07-2016, 05:59 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: The high school I went to wasn't exactly full of kids who obeyed the rules all that well.

how long did you wrestle?
(06-07-2016, 06:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: how long did you wrestle?

Just the one year. As I said I did it as a favor to fill out the roster so they didn't cut the program that year.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-07-2016, 06:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Are you seriously going with that lol 

Given we had the 2nd highest arrest rate in a district that (at the time) had a school specifically for juvenile delinquents - yeah I am.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
sounds like you guys care a lot more about Kain's loss in a sport he was disinterested in 18 yrs ago than he is.  

Can we please get back to the OP...

[Image: dc205f762811b182b8a7ecb16ce671ce.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-07-2016, 06:35 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: sounds like you guys care a lot more about Kain's loss in a sport he was disinterested in 18 yrs ago than he is.  

Can we please get back to the OP...

For real?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-07-2016, 07:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For real?

You tell me

(06-07-2016, 03:30 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/06/06/biological-male-allowed-compete-female-high-schoolers-alaska/ 

I believe I said this would happen to girls high school sports.   Pioneering female athletes like Babe Didrikson would be ashamed this is happening.    

(06-07-2016, 04:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Changes what tone?  The issue is this dude is taking away opportunity from legitimate girls.    

This is exactly what I said would happen.   This dude makes the Alaskan girls state finals taking away a slot for an actual girl.     If you remember I said that boys would go play gorls sports to further their athletic achievements.   Individual sports are always the first 
In case anyone is interested: http://www.alaskapublic.org/2016/06/01/haines-transgender-teen-breaks-barriers-at-state-track-meet/

We've been talking about this in my denomination's Facebook group and someone shared that link.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-07-2016, 08:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: In case anyone is interested: http://www.alaskapublic.org/2016/06/01/haines-transgender-teen-breaks-barriers-at-state-track-meet/

We've been talking about this in my denomination's Facebook group and someone shared that link.

I love all the responses from people who are suddenly feminist and want to make things "fair" for the poor, disadvantaged girls!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.