Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship
(06-07-2016, 08:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: I love all the responses from people who are suddenly feminist and want to make things "fair" for the poor, disadvantaged girls!

You do realize that by allowing this to happen girls athletics will go away.  There may end up being a "girls" team.... But by allowing boys to play on the girls team you take away opportunities for the actual girls and then run off any girl who doesn't want to play with boys.   

And actual feminists don't even want equal rights. But that's another thread topic 
(06-07-2016, 08:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: In case anyone is interested: http://www.alaskapublic.org/2016/06/01/haines-transgender-teen-breaks-barriers-at-state-track-meet/

We've been talking about this in my denomination's Facebook group and someone shared that link.

Breaking barriers?   What a complete joke and mockery of girls athletics  
We had a girl who wrestled with the boy wrestlers when I has in high school. She was heterosexual. Her family was Greek and hes father was VERY much into wrestling and competitive bodybuilding. Her brothers and sisters wrestled too. For her, wrestling on the boys team was the only place for her to wrestle. There was (and probably still is) no girls team. She wasn't great, but she won a handful of matches.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-07-2016, 11:21 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You do realize that by allowing this to happen girls athletics will go away.  There may end up being a "girls" team.... But by allowing boys to play on the girls team you take away opportunities for the actual girls and then run off any girl who doesn't want to play with boys.   

And actual feminists don't even want equal rights. But that's another thread topic 

You keep making this claim but I haven't really seen your logic laid out for it. You just seem to be leaning on a fallacious slippery slope. I also have yet to see any evidence this will be the case.

Lastly, letting trans women compete with cis women is not letting boys compete against girls. But that is an argument I am not going to try winning with you since the attempts at remedying ignorance on this topic have been numerous and have fallen flat.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-07-2016, 11:21 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You do realize that by allowing this to happen girls athletics will go away.  There may end up being a "girls" team.... But by allowing boys to play on the girls team you take away opportunities for the actual girls and then run off any girl who doesn't want to play with boys.   

Yeah, we get you think that as that was why you posted the thread.

And the girl lost.

And is a girl.

So keep trying.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
anyone else think lucie is subconsciously interested in the transition, but is doing his best to fight the urges and thinks if he comes out so hateful against it the thoughts will go away?
People suck
(06-08-2016, 09:00 AM)Griever Wrote: anyone else think lucie is subconsciously interested in the transition, but is doing his best to fight the urges and thinks if he comes out so hateful against it the thoughts will go away?

In general (and not just with Lucy) I always feel that anyone who is THAT adamant and unbending in their views about it are either closeting their real feelings or are just unable to see beyond their own upbringing and allow others to live their lives their way.
(06-08-2016, 09:32 AM)GMDino Wrote: In general (and not just with Lucy) I always feel that anyone who is THAT adamant and unbending in their views about it are either closeting their real feelings or are just unable to see beyond their own upbringing and allow others to live their lives their way.

its just common sense Ninja
People suck
(06-08-2016, 09:32 AM)GMDino Wrote: In general (and not just with Lucy) I always feel that anyone who is THAT adamant and unbending in their views about it are either closeting their real feelings or are just unable to see beyond their own upbringing and allow others to live their lives their way.

Quick question: are you adamant and unbending in your views towards Lucie?
(06-08-2016, 11:31 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Quick question: are you adamant and unbending in your views towards Lucie?

Nope.  I've even agreed with him on other subjects.
(06-08-2016, 11:35 AM)GMDino Wrote: Nope.  I've even agreed with him on other subjects.

Well, the reason I asked is given yours and a few others propensity for attacking Lucie both in his posts and personally, I'm prone to think you and those others are closeting feelings for/towards/about Lucie.
(06-08-2016, 11:44 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, the reason I asked is given yours and a few others propensity for attacking Lucie both in his posts and personally, I'm prone to think you and those others are closeting feelings for/towards/about Lucie.

Nah, we know he wouldn't swing that way.

Wouldn't be "proper".

" Mellow"

All seriousness aside they only time it gets "personal" is when his own words come back to haunt him.  And even then only when he tries to say how everyone else should be living their lives because of the way he lives his.

Which is exactly what I said:

Quote:or are just unable to see beyond their own upbringing and allow others to live their lives their way.

Some people are completely unwilling to bend even a little bit on anything.
(06-08-2016, 11:52 AM)GMDino Wrote: Nah, we know he wouldn't swing that way.

Wouldn't be "proper".

" Mellow"

All seriousness aside they only time it gets "personal" is when his own words come back to haunt him.  And even then only when he tries to say how everyone else should be living their lives because of the way he lives his.

Which is exactly what I said:

Some people are completely unwilling to bend even a little bit on anything.

So you say, but still ... Hmm
(06-08-2016, 11:44 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, the reason I asked is given yours and a few others propensity for attacking Lucie both in his posts and personally, I'm prone to think you and those others are closeting feelings for/towards/about Lucie.

I'm inclined to agree.

Personally, I think they are trying to drag him down to their hen-pecked existence.
I'd be offended by his plumage too, if I were in that position.
Ninja
(06-08-2016, 11:58 AM)PhilHos Wrote: So you say, but still ... Hmm

(06-08-2016, 12:29 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm inclined to agree.

Personally, I think they are trying to drag him down to their hen-pecked existence.
I'd be offended by his plumage too, if I were in that position.
Ninja

He definitely rules with an iron fist.

Those are the type who usually like a little dom given to them in private.

Maybe one you can help him?  I'm too meek.   Ninja
(06-08-2016, 07:48 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: You keep making this claim but I haven't really seen your logic laid out for it. You just seem to be leaning on a fallacious slippery slope. I also have yet to see any evidence this will be the case.

Lastly, letting trans women compete with cis women is not letting boys compete against girls. But that is an argument I am not going to try winning with you since the attempts at remedying ignorance on this topic have been numerous and have fallen flat.

Slippery slope?   How many topics can I be accused of a slippery slope and then they come true? 

1. Boys playing girls sports for advancement - happening now 
2. Rise of the far right parties/EU falling - happening now 
3. Rise of Russian influence in Europe - been happening 
4.  And so on.... 

And on the last part.... Yeah you lost me when you tried to show me people are 2 wolves.    A he or she will suffice for me and we will be going by their carriage as far as I am concerned.   I have no desire to participate and mock someone who is dealing with a serious mental illness.   They need reality not fantasy.... They get enough fantasy in their own messed up head  
(06-08-2016, 07:48 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Lastly, letting trans women compete with cis women is not letting boys compete against girls. But that is an argument I am not going to try winning with you since the attempts at remedying ignorance on this topic have been numerous and have fallen flat.

But would you agree that it is allowing males to compete against females and that males are inherintly stronger and faster?

Isn't ignorance derived from ignore; like some would ignore this biological fact?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Yeah they are upset I am not into RWK's Ninja
(06-08-2016, 12:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But would you agree that it is allowing males to compete against females and that males are inherintly stronger and faster?

Isn't ignorance derived from ignore; like some would ignore this biological fact?

Are they?