Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship
(06-08-2016, 12:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: Are they?

According to science, yes. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
(06-08-2016, 12:53 PM)PhilHos Wrote: According to science, yes. 

We must insure we specify humans and recognized there are exceptions to the biological rule. if not someone will come back with how the female Neon Tetra is acutallu stronger and faster than the male or a story about how a male got beat up by a female in High School.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-07-2016, 11:21 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You do realize that by allowing this to happen girls athletics will go away.  There may end up being a "girls" team.... But by allowing boys to play on the girls team you take away opportunities for the actual girls and then run off any girl who doesn't want to play with boys.   

And actual feminists don't even want equal rights. But that's another thread topic 

LOL

Chicken Littling this one?

Transgenders are around 700,000, about .2% of the U.S. population. Adolescents are around 42 million, 13.2%. Even if EVERY transgender was under 19, you're still talking about a very small sample of students. Realistically, if the percentages are about the same, it's about 91,000 transgender students in that 42 million.

Even if you weight that completely as males identifying as females (which it's not), that's 91,000 to 42 million. That's one in every 462 students. Even if all of them played sports (which they don't) then that's not even good odds of making a team, let alone being numerous enough to make girls sports "go away."
(06-08-2016, 12:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: He definitely rules with an iron fist.

Those are the type who usually like a little dom given to them in private.

Maybe one you can help him?  I'm too meek.   Ninja

I can try.
But I don't come cheap.
Ninja
(06-08-2016, 12:53 PM)PhilHos Wrote: According to science, yes. 

(06-08-2016, 12:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We must insure we specify humans and recognized there are exceptions to the biological rule. if not someone will come back with how the female Neon Tetra is acutallu stronger and faster than the male or a story about how a male got beat up by a female in High School.

Despite the snark Daniel makes my point.

ThumbsUp
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-08-2016, 01:00 PM)Benton Wrote: LOL

Transgenders are around 700,000, about .2% of the U.S. population. Adolescents are around 42 million, 13.2%. Even if EVERY transgender was under 19, you're still talking about a very small sample of students. Realistically, if the percentages are about the same, it's about 91,000 transgender students in that 42 million.

Even if you weight that completely as males identifying as females (which it's not), that's 91,000 to 42 million. That's one in every 462 students. Even if all of them played sports (which they don't) then that's not even good odds of making a team, let alone being numerous enough to make girls sports "go away."

Do you take the same approach to public bathrooms and one day there will be no longer mens and womens?

but this doesn't play into the overwhelming fear of those that are different.  in paranoid persons mind all of a sudden every male will claim to be transgendered just to play sports and 'get scholarships' or something.  yet, these paranoid pricks call transgendered people delusional.  incredible.  

most dudes i knew in HS that couldn't make the team just went and smoked weed or did other stuff.  they didnt really care that much about athletics after a while.  i guess there are dumb jocks that spend their entire life thinking about HS athletics, even after HS, but those people are clearly not our leading minds.
(06-08-2016, 01:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do you take the same approach to public bathrooms and one day there will be no longer mens and womens?

I think the question is misplaced. Lucie said there would be no girls sports. I said it won't effect it.

So, no, I think by taking the same approach (that transgenders encompass a small percentage of the population, most of which are just looking to go #1 or #2) there will long continue to be mens rooms and womens rooms.
(06-08-2016, 01:28 PM)Benton Wrote: I think the question is misplaced. Lucie said there would be no girls sports. I said it won't effect it.

So, no, I think by taking the same approach (that transgenders encompass a small percentage of the population, most of which are just looking to go #1 or #2) there will long continue to be mens rooms and womens rooms.

We shall see.

Is your stance on males participating in female athletics the same as males utilizing female facilities? Because earlier I thought you said that females should be able to compete against males; but not vice-versa.

of course he is chicken littling this one

hes scared. hes scared that one of his kids might turn out to be transgendered. Maybe he has already seen the signs, and thinks if he is really vocal about, it will go away and his child will stay quiet about it because they dont want to lose the love of a parent
People suck
(06-08-2016, 01:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We shall see.

In the meantime lets just go ahead and oppress a tiny portion of the population in the name of christ
(06-08-2016, 01:34 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: In the meantime lets just go ahead and oppress a tiny portion of the population in the name of christ

christians and the right have to oppress someone

they lost the fight with the homosexuals
People suck
(06-08-2016, 01:34 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: In the meantime lets just go ahead and oppress a tiny portion of the population in the name of christ

Your tiresome schtick aside: Are you talking about sports?

(06-08-2016, 01:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is your stance on males participating in female athletics the same as males utilizing female facilities? Because earlier I thought you said that females should be able to compete against males; but not vice-versa.

They are two completely different issues.  I don't see why they should be related in any way.
(06-08-2016, 01:28 PM)Benton Wrote: I think the question is misplaced. Lucie said there would be no girls sports. I said it won't effect it.

There will be a girls division.   But it will be boys playing.   Real girls will slowly be weeded out just like they were when they had to compete against boys before.. 
(06-08-2016, 01:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They are two completely different issues.  I don't see why they should be related in any way.

Because they both relate to biological differences. Do we recognize them or not?

(06-08-2016, 01:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There will be a girls division.   But it will be boys playing.   Real girls will slowly be weeded out just like they were when they had to compete against boys before.. 

Mellow
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

No, you're wrong. The 71,000 trans teens who are male to female will replace every single female athlete. That's why we see these stories every day, and they're winning every time...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-08-2016, 01:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We shall see.

Is your stance on males participating in female athletics the same as males utilizing female facilities? Because earlier I thought you said that females should be able to compete against males; but not vice-versa.

I think this is two different topics. I've said before, I have no problem with transgender people using the bathroom they identify with. I do have a problem with sex offenders using the bathroom they want to enter, but that's irrelevant of the issue. And, as I've said before, I'm not in favor of locker rooms being shared. In the bathroom, you have an expectation of privacy. In the locker room you do not.

But mainly it should come down to common sense. If I see a feminine looking guy using the mens room, I'm not going to ask him for his birth certificate. If I see a woman using it (which actually happened several months ago, but not because of orientation, she was just really drunk and in the wrong place), then I probably wouldn't care. If a young girl walks in, I'd probably politely tell her she might not want to be there.

The same should be with sports. If Karl Malone puts on a wig and tries out for the Sacred Heart Valkyries, then I'd call foul (even though that would be pretty funny to watch, like the Globetrotters on steroids). If a kid who has identified as a female since 5, has lived that life and competed her life as a female, then I'd say fair.

(06-08-2016, 01:34 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: In the meantime lets just go ahead and oppress a tiny portion of the population in the name of christ

Some people do bad things in the name of good. I wouldn't say it's fair to paint all Christians with that brush, many (most?) of us don't care.

(06-08-2016, 01:36 PM)Griever Wrote: christians and the right have to oppress someone

they lost the fight with the homosexuals

See above.

(06-08-2016, 01:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There will be a girls division.   But it will be boys playing.   Real girls will slowly be weeded out just like they were when they had to compete against boys before.. 

Less than a percent. Even at larger high schools, you're talking about maybe two-three students out of an entire student body. And maybe one of those plays sports.

Come on, this is silly.
(06-08-2016, 12:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Slippery slope?   How many topics can I be accused of a slippery slope and then they come true? 

1. Boys playing girls sports for advancement - happening now 
2. Rise of the far right parties/EU falling - happening now 
3. Rise of Russian influence in Europe - been happening 
4.  And so on.... 

Number 1, where is the evidence of this? The rest I never stated were slipper slope arguments, so not sure what you're talking about there.

(06-08-2016, 12:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And on the last part.... Yeah you lost me when you tried to show me people are 2 wolves.    A he or she will suffice for me and we will be going by their carriage as far as I am concerned.   I have no desire to participate and mock someone who is dealing with a serious mental illness.   They need reality not fantasy.... They get enough fantasy in their own messed up head  

Um, no idea to what you are referring in that first bit. As for the rest of your statement here, you continually mock these people, inf act you did so in this statement by stating they all have a mental illness.

(06-08-2016, 12:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But would you agree that it is allowing males to compete against females and that males are inherintly stronger and faster?

Isn't ignorance derived from ignore; like some would ignore this biological fact?

Males inherently have more muscle mass and their body structure is different, often lending itself to being stronger and faster. Of course, with situations like the young woman in the OP where she has used hormone blockers and replacement hormone therapy the body structure and muscle mass that she exhibits is that of a female because the hormone therapy causes these changes.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR