Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton finds a new team. Congrats
(05-03-2020, 04:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Didn't the Dallas offense lead the league in offense in 2019? When did any Bengals offense lead the league in offense?

The Dallas offense is far and away better than the Bengals 2015 offense and will be great gain in 2020 while the 2016 Bengals offense got way worse.

Yes Dallas had a better offense in 2019 than Bengals in 2015 BUT.. if we are comparing Dalton to Dak ..Dalton played really pretty much 4 less . so lets assume he would have maintained that pace.. he would have finished with over 30 TDs, 9/10 Ints and 4,300 yards... so I don;t think far and away better.. and We seem to talk all the time about the importance of offensive line but when we starting comparing teams we tend to just stick more to the QB and even though our 2015 line was solid Dallas 2019 was clearly better plus you have one stud of a RB that does make 2019 better for sure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 02:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I guess Amari Cooper is prime AJ Green now...

Dak clearly had the better OL (we did have Whit, Zeitler, Boling), and Zeke is obviously a million times better than Hill, but Dak last year and Andy in 2015 had the same exact number of skill players voted to the Pro Bowl (I know you’re big on those to prove points).

Bengals - AJ, Eifert

Cowboys - Zeke, Cooper

The Dallas OL did have 3 Pro Bowlers in Martin, Smith, and Frederick to our 1 in Whitworth, but Whit was All Pro that year, which is the same number of All Pro’s they had (Martin).

The Cowboys only had 1 Pro Bowl starter on defense in Jaylon Smith to our 4 (Geno, Pacman, Dunlap, Nelson). And Geno was All Pro.

So outside of a better overall OL, and RB, was last year’s Cowboys team really that much better than our 2015 team? I don’t think so.

Not if you are comparing Dalton in 2015 to Dak in 2019.. not much difference when you look at what Dalton was on pace to do pre injury... In the end though the OL and one of the top RBs in the game makes 2019 stronger than 2015.. 
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 07:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For the past 9 years folks have underrated QBs when it comes to comparison against Andy. 

You'd be amazed at the list of QBs that are inferior to Andy around here.

It goes both ways.  I seem to remember the haters claiming Tyrod Taylor was a better QB than Dalton.

All I know is the Dalton haters are spinning so hard they are goiung to need some Dramamine.  Surround talent is the only reason dalton was ever any good, but surrounding talent has nothing to do with Dak's numbers.

Dak's offensive teammates his 4 years in Dallas.

All-Pro RB Zeke Elloitt.,,3 X Pro Bowl, All Pro
Pro Bowl WR Dez Bryant...3 X Pro Bowl, All Pro
Pro Bowl WR Amari Cooper...4 X Pro Bowl (only 2 with Dallas)
Pro Bowl TE Jason Witten...11 X Pro Bowl, 2 X All Pro
All Pro OG Zack Martin...6 X Pro Bowl, 4 X All Pro
All Pro C Travis Ferderick...5 X Pro Bowl, All Pro
All Pro LT Tryon Smith...7 X Pro Bowl, 2 X All Pro
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 10:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It goes both ways.  I seem to remember the haters claiming Tyrod Taylor was a better QB than Dalton.

All I know is the Dalton haters are spinning so hard they are goiung to need some Dramamine.  Surround talent is the only reason dalton was ever any good, but surrounding talent has nothing to do with Dak's numbers.

Their OL is a bunch of beasts. They are also the highest paid OL in football for a reason.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 10:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It goes both ways.  I seem to remember the haters claiming Tyrod Taylor was a better QB than Dalton.

Surrounding cast never means anything outside of Cincy...lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

One of the 2 (Taylor/Dalton) is penciled in as a starter this year

As to the rest: I supports my initial post in this forum

QB named Andy does bad on a bad team performs bad=QB good

QB not named Andy does good on a good team= QB not very good

The Army dies hard. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 11:22 AM)Wyche Wrote: Surrounding cast never means anything outside of Cincy...lol.

(05-04-2020, 11:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: QB named Andy does bad on a bad team performs bad=QB good

The Army dies hard. 

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 11:08 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Their OL is a bunch of beasts. They are also the highest paid OL in football for a reason.

There's a reason not one team in the NFL was willing to invest in Andy to be their starter and it wasn't because of his supporting cast. 

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 11:30 AM)bfine32 Wrote: There's a reason not one team in the NFL was willing to invest in Andy to be their starter and it wasn't because of his supporting cast. 

Have to disagree with you there... FA vs. under Contract can change the equation.. and no shame to lose out to Brady and Rivers..  We still don;t know what Jacksonville or NE were going to do.. Andy signed quick with Dallas which I thought was a great move by both end.. Dallas gets a solid starter as a back up and insurance on Dak... Dalton gets to go home, not uproot his family for 1 year and will be a FA next year and have more ability to find a team unless things go south with Dak in Dallas and he might just be their starting QB come 2021.

I
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 11:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: As to the rest: I supports my initial post in this forum

QB named Andy does bad on a bad team performs bad=QB good

The Army dies hard. 

You had to make this straw man because you could not address the fact that Dalton was better than Dak when he had talent around him.

It is true that Dak is overrated because of the talent around him.  Doesn't mean he is "not very good"

At the same time it is true that Dalton was underrated because most years he struggled with less than the best talent.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 04:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Have to disagree with you there... FA vs. under Contract can change the equation.. and no shame to lose out to Brady and Rivers..  We still don;t know what Jacksonville or NE were going to do.. Andy signed quick with Dallas which I thought was a great move by both end.. Dallas gets a solid starter as a back up and insurance on Dak... Dalton gets to go home, not uproot his family for 1 year and will be a FA next year and have more ability to find a team unless things go south with Dak in Dallas and he might just be their starting QB come 2021.

I

Is there shame in losing out to Foles? 

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 05:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You had to make this straw man because you could not address the fact that Dalton was better than Dak when he had talent around him.

It is true that Dak is overrated because of the talent around him.  Doesn't mean he is "not very good"

At the same time it is true that Dalton was underrated because most years he struggled with less than the best talent.

99.9% of folks that follow football know DalKPrescot is and has been a better NFL QB than Andy Dalton. There's a reason that Dallas is willing to pay Dak $31 Mil this year and Andy $3 Mil and it's not because Andy does better (1 outlier year out of 9) than Dak when he has talent around him.

But there is that 0.01% that reside in Jungle Noise that think Andy is and has been a better QB than Dak. They're the same 0.01% that thought teams would be giving up reasonable compensation for Andy. Meanwhile teams are rolling with Jason Stidham, Tyrod Taylor, Gardner Minshew, Nick Foles, Ryan Fitzpatrick.......as their proposed starters. 

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 05:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is there shame in losing out to Foles? 

. he was controlled by jacksonville not a FA.. so not sure of anything that happened behind the scenes but within  2 days of his release Andy signs as a FA  so we will never know how things might have been different as a FA at end of season but we do know Dallas has a proven starter as their backup 
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 06:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: . he was controlled by jacksonville not a FA.. so not sure of anything that happened behind the scenes but within  2 days of his release Andy signs as a FA  so we will never know how things might have been different as a FA at end of season but we do know Dallas has a proven starter as their backup 

Foles was not a FA because Jax was able to trade him for compensation. But at least you recognize him being a back up to Dak

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 10:15 PM)Trademark Wrote: He’s signed a 1 year deal with the Dallas Cowboys

Wow, surprised but happy for Andy. His home state. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 06:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Foles was not a FA because Jax was able to trade him for compensation. But at least you recognize him being a back up to Dak

I never said Foles was a FA and you recognize  Dalton is good enough to be a starter .. correct?
Reply/Quote
Where's the complimentary Andy in his new cowboy uniform photo???
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 06:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: . he was controlled by jacksonville not a FA.. so not sure of anything that happened behind the scenes but within  2 days of his release Andy signs as a FA  so we will never know how things might have been different as a FA at end of season but we do know Dallas has a proven starter as their backup 

This might be the best outcome of all for him.  He was looking at being a backup wherever he went. 

Now, even though he's being used as a bargaining chip (a ploy that will probably  work), he has an outside chance of starting and the worst case scenario is he's carrying a clipboard back in Texas and he's 257 miles from his home town. 

I believe people have said he has a house in Dallas, so he is truly home.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 10:32 PM)McC Wrote: This might be the best outcome of all for him.  He was looking at being a backup wherever he went. 

Now, even though he's being used as a bargaining chip (a ploy that will probably  work), he has an outside chance of starting and the worst case scenario is he's carrying a clipboard back in Texas and he's 257 miles from his home town. 

I believe people have said he has a house in Dallas, so he is truly home.

Yeah, they just said on WLW tonight that he has a house about a1/2 hour away from the Cowboys complex.

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 10:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, they just said on WLW tonight that he has a house about a1/2 hour away from the Cowboys complex.

Welcome home, Andy.  They're happy to have him and he deserves that.  Dude is the definition of a trooper.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote