Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Abortion Argument
Never heard it debated like this, which is weird because it's a simple concept:

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm suspecting a positive correlation between trying to control women's bodies and amount of time since getting laid.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-21-2016, 06:47 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm suspecting a positive correlation between trying to control women's bodies and amount of time since getting laid.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-21-2016, 08:07 PM)GMDino Wrote:

Ahhh good ol' Carlin...the king of the neckbeards Ninja
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
No idea what this says, but might want to learn to imbed the picture. Attachments don't seem to work well on this forum platform.

Good luck.
(05-21-2016, 09:39 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: No idea what this says, but might want to learn to imbed the picture.  Attachments don't seem to work well on this forum platform.

Good luck.

ditto

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
My fault:

[Image: 13239480_10153993995116977_7042241287859...e=57A023BA]
This argument gets hashed out pretty regularly when the abortion debate crops up around these parts. No one's opinion gets changed so it is a pretty pointless tilting match, Quixote style.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-21-2016, 11:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This argument gets hashed out pretty regularly when the abortion debate crops up around these parts. No one's opinion gets changed so it is a pretty pointless tilting match, Quixote style.

I agree. At the end of the day all we can do is look in the mirror and say this is the side of the argument I will go down in history supporting.   
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

You know, I was just about to have an abortion but now I'm not.
(05-22-2016, 12:13 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You know, I was just about to have an abortion but now I'm not.

Fortunately, your parents made the same decision. 

I keep waiting for a father to challenge this law. Would make things interesting, at least....grab you popcorn.
--------------------------------------------------------

(05-22-2016, 04:37 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I keep waiting for a father to challenge this law.   Would make things interesting, at least....grab you popcorn.

I keep waiting for fathers to be responsible in the first place and reproduce with women who share their values.  Pretty simple. But I guess placing all abortions squarely on the shoulders of faceless women is much easier for christian males who are taught women are their lesser in that good good book. 
(05-22-2016, 12:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Fortunately, your parents made the same decision. 

Oh snap!  Well my mom wasn't some stereotypical pseudo-lesbian liberal like in that pic so I'm not sure it would have even applied to them.  
(05-22-2016, 02:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh snap!  Well my mom wasn't some stereotypical pseudo-lesbian liberal like in that pic so I'm not sure it would have even applied to them.  

I assumed that chick was British out the gate.  

Good thing your mom wasn't British either.  You'd pretty much be a Muslim by now. 
(05-22-2016, 04:37 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I keep waiting for a father to challenge this law.   Would make things interesting, at least....grab you popcorn.

I brought this slant up in the past. It was determined the father has no rights and all the responsibility. He is pretty much "faceless"

(05-22-2016, 02:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh snap!  Well my mom wasn't some stereotypical pseudo-lesbian liberal like in that pic so I'm not sure it would have even applied to them.  

Who knows: You may have been an inconvenience, but they chose not to kill you anyway. 

(05-22-2016, 02:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knows: You may have been an inconvenience, but they chose not to kill you anyway. 

My parents were conservative in what they accepted from others and ultra liberal in what they accepted from others.  Your attempts to use them as some sort of example for your side is both tasteless and ineffective.
(05-22-2016, 02:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Your attempts to use them as some sort of example for your side is both tasteless and ineffective.

As was your attempt at humor that trivialized abortion. But I guess it's OK if it is "funny" amiright?

(05-22-2016, 02:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As was your attempt at humor that trivialized abortion. But I guess it's OK if it is "funny" amiright?

Meh, you're right.  Hey, lucky for you the unwanted miracle who grew up to be a murdering rapist was aborted before he could rape and/or kill your wife/daughter/sister/you whatever.

My dismissive nature of abortion in this case is due to the pointless, one-sided, and amazingly pointless (even for an internet message board) nature of this entire thread.  But by all means, let's not muck with your little narrative.

The same people who are pro-life are the ones who want entire segments of our population to either be ushered out of the country, incarcerated, or killed.  I have actual pro and con arguments and feelings about abortion but I didn't see the point in rehashing the same old arguments against the same old people who make their own same old arguments in a thread created by one of the most biased people here using a meme that is pointless and biased.

There is a possibility the abortion of an unseemly character benefited your life in ways you'll never know, and I don't mean "the next Hitler" either. Abortion isn't "funny" but I have to admit the endless argument is funny in a bitter and sad sort of way.