Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another School Shooting
(05-21-2018, 04:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: So would be shooters are more scared of zero tolerance policies and getting suspended for fighting than shooting people and going to jail/ being killed?

This makes no sense especially when you realize many of the recent shootings weren't even tied to any person specifically they could have fought. Was this kid going to go fight the girl who rejected him? Who was Adam Lanza supposed to fight at Sandy Hook to keep him from shooting elementary kids? 

Doing both is for notoriety. Beat up a bully you show everyone you won’t take any nonsense. The pressure gets taken off. For those too weak to win, they learn to make friends with someone who will. More socialization means they less likely to go postal. Never seen the head cheerleader or the captain of the football team shooting up a school.

When you get to the point you are ready to kill, you are just a powder keg, and I assume most afterwards have regret once the ramifications of their actions set set in on them. If they can fight at least we lower the pressure on the powder keg. Plus repeated fights = the kid might have some issues and needs some help dealing with pressure.
(05-21-2018, 04:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So the answer is to move these bad kids Who  can’t or won’t  behave.  Put them into alternative school and teach them a skill.  The sooner we weed out these kids the better for everyone.

Allow parents to take their tax money with them to private schools or give a tax rebate for tuition.  Then the public schools are for that middle bunch of who doesn’t go to private schools or relegated to alternative school.  

Lighten the burden on your typical public school.

So take money from the GOOD kids to support a separate school for the BAD kids?

Dumb.

Oh!  We could put the 5-10 fist fights a day on PPV!  That could pay for all schools!

So dumb.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-21-2018, 04:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: So take money from the GOOD kids to support a separate school for the BAD kids?

Dumb.

Oh!  We could put the 5-10 fist fights a day on PPV!  That could pay for all schools!

So dumb.

When you suspend or expel for fighting you do deter it but the children just let it percolate.
(05-21-2018, 04:09 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I love that you think you just trapped me while stepping directly into mine. Smirk

And i love that you think i have stepped into a trap where none exists. 

Hint...when you have someone in a trap you spring it. Just claiming there is a trap is meaningless.
(05-21-2018, 04:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When you suspend or expel for fighting you do deter it but the children just let it percolate.

When a kid gets beat up it doesn't end the conflict.  In fact it makes it worse.  Getting beat up just makes them madder.
(05-21-2018, 05:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And i love that you think i have stepped into a trap where none exists. 

Hint...when you have someone in a trap you spring it. Just claiming there is a trap is meaningless.

Why spring it when watching you deny you even fell into one is much more entertaining?  Give the posts another read, you should be able to get there eventually.
(05-21-2018, 04:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if those are your beliefs you deserve neither security or freedom.

You've got to be really unfamiliar with my posting history to think I was actually advocating a course of action based on that justification.
(05-21-2018, 06:20 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Why spring it when watching you deny you even fell into one is much more entertaining?  Give the posts another read, you should be able to get there eventually.

Because if you don't spring it i can deny it exists.

There is no trap.
(05-21-2018, 06:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because if you don't spring it i can deny it exists.

There is no trap.

There is no spoon. Smirk
(05-21-2018, 05:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When a kid gets beat up it doesn't end the conflict.  In fact it makes it worse.  Getting beat up just makes them madder.

Like the kid gets better at fighting or gets some friends who can help. Both of those solutions are a positive.

The child who is constantly beaten up with no hope to end it are the ones we need to watch who would go postal. Those are a lot easier to spot than the ones now.

Every teenage Boy should know the feeling of getting punched in the face. It’s a right of passage and tests their resolve.

I bet there are posters on this board who have never been punched in the face. That’s sad.
(05-21-2018, 07:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Like the kid gets better at fighting or gets some friends who can help.  Both of those solutions are a positive.  

Yes. Gangs are a positive. Ninja

(05-21-2018, 07:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The child who is constantly beaten up with no hope to end it are the ones we need to watch who would go postal.   Those are a lot easier to spot than the ones now.  

Yes. We need a fight club and prevent the losers from getting weapons. Ninja

(05-21-2018, 07:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Every teenage Boy should know the feeling of getting punched in the face.  It’s a right of passage and tests their resolve.

Yes. Nothing makes a person more resolved than getting punched in the face. Luckily they never up the game by getting a gun. Ninja  

(05-21-2018, 07:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I bet there are posters on this board who have never been punched in the face.  That’s sad.

And I bet there are posters on this board that would turtle up and cry right after getting punched back.

So...much....stupid.
(05-21-2018, 07:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes. Gangs are a positive. Ninja

Yes. We need a fight club and prevent the losers from getting weapons. Ninja

Yes. Nothing makes a person more resolved than getting punched in the face. Luckily they never up the game by getting a gun. Ninja  

And I bet there are posters on this board that would turtle up and cry right after getting punched back.

So...much....stupid.

Have you been punched in the face? If so at what age was your first?

Have you punched anyone in the face? If so at what age was your first?
(05-21-2018, 07:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  

Have you been punched in the face?  If so at what age was your first?  

Have you punched anyone in the face?  If so at what age was your first?

I've been punched in the stomach...dumbass thought punching the fat guy in the most protected spot was smart.

Never in the face...hell I think I've been punched twice, maybe?

All when I was a teen.

Because I was smarter than the neanderthals who thought they could punch their way to the top.

But PUHLEEESSEE tell me how you and your wife and kids handle their first punch to the face and well the mature from it.

Such a joke.
(05-21-2018, 07:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: I've been punched in the stomach...dumbass thought punching the fat guy in the most protected spot was smart.

Never in the face...hell I think I've been punched twice, maybe?

All when I was a teen.

Because I was smarter than the neanderthals who thought they could punch their way to the top.

But PUHLEEESSEE tell me how you and your wife and kids handle their first punch to the face and well the mature from it.

Such a joke.

I never said girls needed to be punched. Go back and read all my posts on this topic.

I took my first punch in 8th grade. I was surprised, eyes started watering, it was confusing for a moment. I ended up wrestling with the guy, I tried to punch back but I missed.

First time I punched and made solid contact and made the other person confused was in 10th grade. I was also shocked and surprised. That ended right there, I was always bigger than everyone.

Had a handful of fights in college, mostly at bars.

Honestly not sure what type of man goes Through life never getting punched in the face. Seems weird. You would through life as a flincher,
(05-21-2018, 09:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I never said girls needed to be punched.  Go back and read all my posts on this topic.  

How do you suggest girls mature? Nursing boys who were in fights? LMAO!

(05-21-2018, 09:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I took my first punch in 8th grade.  I was surprised, eyes started watering, it was confusing for a moment.  I ended up wrestling with the guy, I tried to punch back but I missed.  

Maybe that's where your affinity for gym class started?

(05-21-2018, 09:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: First time I punched and made solid contact and made the other person confused was in 10th grade.  I was also shocked and surprised.  That ended right there, I was always bigger than everyone.  

So did "being bigger than everyone" come from that punch to the face? LMAO!

Why did you punch the guy? To help him grow up?

So stupid.

(05-21-2018, 09:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Had a handful of fights in college, mostly at bars.

As is this.

Arses in bar fights...I should be surprised.

Somehow I made it through high school, college and adult life without punching someone in the face and still managed to be mature, hold a job, get married, raise two great kids. It's almost like there are other ways other than pretending to be an alpha male.

But pretending comes easier for some than to others....
(05-21-2018, 09:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: How do you suggest girls mature? Nursing boys who were in fights? LMAO!

Maybe that's where your affinity for gym class started?

So did "being bigger than everyone" come from that punch to the face? LMAO!

Why did you punch the guy? To help him grow up?

So stupid.

As is this.

Arses in bar fights...I should be surprised.

Somehow I made it through high school, college and adult life without punching someone in the face and still managed to be mature, hold a job, get married, raise two great kids. It's almost like there are other ways other than pretending to be an alpha male.

But pretending comes easier for some than to others....

Girls do mature by taking care of others. It’s their natural instinct. It’s also a way to be self reliant.

Never in class. This happened walking home, 9th grader And his friends.

Being bigger kept me out of altercations because people were scared. It actually held me Back in developing some agressiveness earlier.

Don’t remember why I punched him. I was a kid, doing something dumb I’m sure. It’s stupid now but it was a valuable life lesson then.

Being mature has nothing to do with anything. How are you supposed to teach the life lesson of getting punched in the face, or being in a fight, it’s nice to be able to go through life turning the other cheek but that’s not always the case and in the moments you need to step up as a man you can’t afford to turn the other cheek. Let alone set that standard to your children unless you are ok with them growing up turning away from confrontation. Women turn away because they are wired to ensure everyone is OK. Men run to trouble because that’s what they do, it’s literally the man’s Job to run towards.
(05-21-2018, 09:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Girls do mature by taking care of others.  It’s their natural instinct.  It’s also a way to be self reliant.  

Never in class.  This happened walking home, 9th grader And his friends.  

Being bigger kept me out of altercations because people were scared.  It actually held me Back in developing some agressiveness earlier.  

Don’t remember why I punched him. I was a kid, doing something dumb I’m sure.  It’s stupid now but it was a valuable life lesson then.  

Being mature has nothing to do with anything.  How are you supposed to teach the life lesson of getting punched in the face, or being in a fight, it’s nice to be able to go through life turning the other cheek but that’s not always the case and in the moments you need to step up as a man you can’t afford to turn the other cheek.  Let alone set that standard to your children unless you are ok with them growing up turning away from confrontation.  Women turn away because they are wired to ensure everyone is OK.   Men run to trouble because that’s what they do, it’s literally the man’s Job to run towards.

Of course it's "not always the case" ya rube....that's the point.  Your "every boy needs punched in the face" method is not only stupid it's unnecessary.  That doesn't mean no one should defend themselves if they see they need.  That doesn't mean no one should ever face difficult things or times.  It mean the caveman mentality of "must punch in face to grow" is stupid, dumb, idiotic, etc.

Never getting in a fight isn't bad...unless you can't figure a world without violence as the answer to a problem.

Sorry for your luck.
I feel like Lucie’s posts belong on the /iamverybadass sub reddit.
(05-21-2018, 04:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Would rather 5-10. Fist fights a week rather than a shooting.

I think we'd all rather see 5-10 fist fights in a week rather than a school shooting.  Now if only this statement had any basis in reality, we'd be in business.

Also, what if the kids don't want to fight?  I went to high school in a very red part of the country 25 years ago and even without all that liberal "don't punch each other" nonsense, there really was only a legit fist fight two or three times per year.  Wow, side note the most brutal school beatdown I ever saw was when this one kid who was clearly no good beat one of the mentally handicapped kids down.  It was probably the most insane thing I've seen in my entire life.  Actually, this same guy wanted to fight me the year before and I declined.  Maybe if I would have fought him in 1996 he wouldn't have beaten up a mentally handicapped kid in 1997?  I don't know how your theory works, honestly.

Anyways, I'd rather eat 5-10 ice cream sandwiches right now than shave a rabid bear, so I'd better get on it.  Later.

(05-21-2018, 04:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Doing both is for notoriety.    Beat up a bully you show everyone you won’t take any nonsense.  The pressure gets taken off.  For those too weak to win, they learn to make friends with someone who will.  More socialization means they less likely to go postal.  Never seen the head cheerleader or the captain of the football team shooting up a school.

When you get to the point you are ready to kill, you are just a powder keg, and I assume most afterwards have regret once the ramifications of their actions set set in on them.   If they can fight at least we lower the pressure on the powder keg.  Plus repeated fights = the kid might have some issues and needs some help dealing with pressure.

This isn't as easy as it sounds, in my experience.  I had a class with a teacher who didn't care and/or was drunk/hungover most of the time and he actually put his hands on students multiple times that I witnessed.  Anyways, I was in 10th grade and nothing too physically imposing and no less than 4 senior football players decided I was the prime target in that class.  This involved petty insults, throwing stuff at me (the occasional metal bolt was the worst), and so on.  The school was being renovated at the time so I took a pipe that was lying around and kept in under my desk all year.  I figured if things got to a point where any of them put their hands on me, I'd use the pipe and worry about talking my way out of it later.  

It never came to that, but I must say that I personally never got much satisfaction out of the prospect of having to do something very unpleasant, but probably being able to get away with it due to the circumstances.  Plus, the only 2 guys I came across who made it a point to put their hands on me despite me telling them I had no interest in fighting (nor was there any reason to fight, in my mind) both died in their 20s due to their lifetime of bad choices.  Oh well.  

(05-21-2018, 07:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Every teenage Boy should know the feeling of getting punched in the face.  It’s a right of passage and tests their resolve.  

I bet there are posters on this board who have never been punched in the face.  That’s sad.

Interesting.  Serious question:  when was the first time you got punched in the face?  Who did it?  What were the circumstances?  How did getting punched in the face change you as a person?  How do you see this punch in the face shaping the man you are today?  Would it be possible for you to be the same man you are today without this punch to the face?  Honestly curious.

EDIT: I see you answered this. I can't say I'm surprised that a guy who says he was "always bigger than everyone" thinks fist fights should be encouraged as a means to settle conflict and/or build character. Weapons were designed to even the playing field between combatants. Anything less is just savage.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-21-2018, 04:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Fist fights are no big deal. No one is going to die when two teens are fist fighting. Not quite the same as giving them 24 hours to kill as many as they wish.

Would rather 5-10. Fist fights a week rather than a shooting.

I think that’s a trade off everyone would agree on. There’s just no data that letting kids punch each other reduces violence.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]