Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Antifa: need to know
(08-16-2017, 07:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Oh, these pictures exist, it doesn't change any of the points being made though.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(08-16-2017, 08:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations defines terrorism as "the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives" (28 C.F.R. Section 0.85).

"furtherance of political or social objectives"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^KEY PART^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Look, we all know the term terrorism has been overused to the point of losing all meaning.  The more left leaning types were releaved over this past weekend though, as they could actually call people nazis and be factually correct for a change.
(08-16-2017, 08:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2017/08/the_first_and_second_amendments_clashed_in_charlottesville_the_guns_won.html

http://www.haaretz.com/us-news/1.806571

http://www.weny.com/story/36132110/trump-made-two-statements-on-charlottesville-this-is-what-the-alt-right-heard

https://www.inverse.com/article/35455-charlottesville-va-rally-white-kkk-unite-the-right-antifa-photos

[Image: neo-nazis-attempt-to-ram-their-way-throu...ress&w=700]

Thanks for sharing.  I had not seen any of those images.  However, there is a stark difference from the (I'm assuming) former military guys, and the douches carrying the tiki torches.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-16-2017, 08:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thanks for sharing.  I had not seen any of those images.  However, there is a stark difference from the (I'm assuming) former military guys, and the douches carrying the tiki torches.  

Not if they're all playing for the same team and that team is the Nazis.

ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-16-2017, 08:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not if they're all playing for the same team and that team is the Nazis.

ThumbsUp

As I understood, it was a collection of 3 separate groups.  Don't even know why they would have the Nazi's approved for a protest permit, in the first place.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-16-2017, 07:09 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Who is?

That would be incorrect.  The armed people there were in compliance with state law.  The law applies equally to everyone, no one gets to pick and choose which groups are worthy of its protection.

Bring fear in how?  By their presence, by their ideology?  By their being armed in a legal manner?  Banning something because it causes you fear is a slippery slope of epic proportions.  The Bengals would never be able to take the field against the Steelers again.   Smirk

You and anybody else is when you think an armed group whose goal is ethnic cleansing has any place in America.

We fought a war against nazis and against the south and their kkk ideology. 

We didnt go to war so they could freely gather and threaten American citizens in American cities.
Free speech and legally carrying only goes so far.

As soon as you start arming and gathering pushing the agenda of foes we have defeated in war you become an enemy of America and a threat.

According to some on here we should let Isis and al qeada arm and gather and chant death to America while carrying torches through your favorite neighborhood. Just a little free speech right?
(08-16-2017, 07:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I haven't seen any pictures or reports showing any of the bad guys with guns.  Could you show them to me?  However, I have seen footage of the antifa crowd with objects.

Just watched a Vice video about Charlottesville. Pretty concerning. Its on youtube.
(08-16-2017, 08:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As I understood, it was a collection of 3 separate groups.  Don't even know why they would have the Nazi's approved for a protest permit, in the first place.

Freedom of speech.

Back 10-12 years ago we had the Klan march in the town I worked in. Tiny place, less than 8k people who aren't incarcerated (we've got the only max security prison in the state plus a medium which accounts for a quarter of our population). Only about 200-300 black people. Caught a lot of folks off guard. I found out after the march it wasn't even about Klan stuff, turns out one of their Klansmen (19 year old kid) had gotten busted for drugs. Some of the older guys showed up and threatened jailers to let him out so he wouldn't get fired from his job. The cops and courts knew it (the press and general public didn't at the time), but they still had to let them rally.

As far as the groups in the Charlotte incident, it's my understanding they collaborated prior to the event. That will likely lead to all the groups getting lumped in together.
(08-16-2017, 08:48 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: You and anybody else is when you think an armed group whose goal is ethnic cleansing has any place in America.

LOL, so if I don't think that responding to an abhorrent political view with violence is acceptable than I'm cool with ethnic cleansing?  Remind me of this when we have the next thread on islam and muslim extremists.

Quote:We fought a war against nazis and against the south and their kkk ideology. 

We've also fought many wars against communists so I suppose you'll be lining up to beat the shit out of communists the next time they rally, right?

Quote:We didnt go to war so they could freely gather and threaten American citizens in American cities.

Calm down, Captain Hyperbole.  We, meaning United States citizens, fought absolutely every war since 1786, for the right of anyone to do exactly that (except for the threatening part, which I'm still waiting for you to actually explain).  It's quite simple, if you don't like the bill of rights move to North Korea, Iran, China or any other autocracy who crushes dissenting opinions.  YOU'RE NOT A REAL AMERICAN!   Mellow
(08-16-2017, 10:37 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: LOL, so if I don't think that responding to an abhorrent political view with violence is acceptable than I'm cool with ethnic cleansing?  Remind me of this when we have the next thread on islam and muslim extremists.

We've also fought many wars against communists so I suppose you'll be lining up to beat the shit out of communists the next time they rally, right?

Calm down, Captain Hyperbole.  We, meaning United States citizens, fought absolutely every war since 1786, for the right of anyone to do exactly that (except for the threatening part, which I'm still waiting for you to actually explain).  It's quite simple, if you don't like the bill of rights move to North Korea, Iran, China or any other autocracy who crushes dissenting opinions.  YOU'RE NOT A REAL AMERICAN!   Mellow

Yep. We crushed those anti American abhorrent political views in war with violence and death. And we are currently using violence to combat radical islam.

So you can take your support of it right out of the country because we fight against it. 

Lol... Yea we fought so nazis could gather in american cities and blacks could be treated like shit.

Your fake ignorance on the threats armed groups calling for ethnic cleansing present is telling.
(08-16-2017, 08:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thanks for sharing.  I had not seen any of those images.  However, there is a stark difference from the (I'm assuming) former military guys, and the douches carrying the tiki torches.  

Not really. The douches carrying the tiki torches were also packing, and they were packing the next day as well.
(08-16-2017, 11:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not really. The douches carrying the tiki torches were also packing, and they were packing the next day as well.

Really?  All that violence going on, and no one got shot?  I'm almost thinking this was an entirely staged affair.  If it weren't for that random kid from OH, via KY, that decided to ram the crowd...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-16-2017, 11:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Really?  All that violence going on, and no one got shot?  I'm almost thinking this was an entirely staged affair.  If it weren't for that random kid from OH, via KY, that decided to ram the crowd...

The police knew ahead of timr what was coming, it's why they were handled with kid gloves. Niw, there were shots fired and people were threatened with firearms, but I think sheer numbers had the fascists too scared to start something. They were outnunbered 2 to 1, and in this neck of the woods, liberals own firearns, too.
(08-16-2017, 11:16 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yep. We crushed those anti American abhorrent political views in war with violence and death. And we are currently using violence to combat radical islam.

So you're cool with someone punching an imam who advocates for muslim extremism?

Quote:So you can take your support of it right out of the country because we fight against it. 

See, this is your problem.  Supporting the right of someone to express abhorrent view points is nothing close to supporting or believing in those view points.  You sound like a child with your inability to grasp this.

Quote:Lol... Yea we fought so nazis could gather in american cities and blacks could be treated like shit.

To the first, absolutely.  To the second no, actions and words are wholly different.  

Quote:Your fake ignorance on the threats armed groups calling for ethnic cleansing present is telling.

They've existed for decades, how many people have the ethnically cleansed in the US since WW2?  I'm willing to bet it's fewer people than were murdered in Chicago this summer.
(08-16-2017, 11:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The police knew ahead of timr what was coming, it's why they were handled with kid gloves. Niw, there were shots fired and people were threatened with firearms, but I think sheer numbers had the fascists too scared to start something. They were outnunbered 2 to 1, and in this neck of the woods, liberals own firearns, too.

Dang, you seem to know a lot, about this situation!  Was that you, in the Red bandito mask?  Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-16-2017, 11:33 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So you're cool with someone punching an imam who advocates for muslim extremism?

See, this is your problem.  Supporting the right of someone to express abhorrent view points is nothing close to supporting or believing in those view points.  You sound like a child with your inability to grasp this.

To the first, absolutely.  To the second no, actions and words are wholly different.  

They've existed for decades, how many people have the ethnically cleansed in the US since WW2?  I'm willing to bet it's fewer people than were murdered in Chicago this summer.

As soon as that imam gathers an armed crowd of like minded individuals and starts marching through the streets to intimidate. Yep.

YOu can hold whatever viewpoint you want. As soon as your actions represent a threat to our country a line is crossed.

Yea... We went and fought the nazis so they could have a safe haven here. Now you are really making solid points.

We didnt beat the nazis and southern traitors by being nice and allowing them to express themselves is the moral of my story.
(08-17-2017, 12:13 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: As soon as that imam gathers an armed crowd of like minded individuals and starts marching through the streets to intimidate. Yep.

I'll ask again, since you dodged the question before, at what point do you think a group goes from exercising their free speech rights to "marching through the streets to intimidate"?  Would you consider a group of people armed with baseball bats roaming the area to enforce a "no white person day" to be an example of this?  If so I suggest you march yourself to Evergreen college post haste.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/33027/

Quote:YOu can hold whatever viewpoint you want. As soon as your actions represent a threat to our country a line is crossed.

I'll ask again, what determines the nebulous concept of being a "threat to our country"?  If you think the D-bags at Cville are threats to our nation then I suggest you invest in some Xanax, stat.

Quote:Yea... We went and fought the nazis so they could have a safe haven here. Now you are really making solid points.

I'm not the one making the point, the men who wrote our Constitution and The Bill of Rights made the points, I'm merely reiterating them for the benefit of those who seem to have forgotten they exist.

Quote:We didnt beat the nazis and southern traitors by being nice and allowing them to express themselves is the moral of my story.

Sure didn't, and as soon as nazis or secessionists start wielding executive power over a nation state (in before muh Trump!) you'll start having a point again.  In the meantime I'll stick with the principles on which our nation was founded on and has thrived under for over two centuries.
(08-17-2017, 12:21 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'll ask again, since you dodged the question before, at what point do you think a group goes from exercising their free speech rights to "marching through the streets to intimidate"?  Would you consider a group of people armed with baseball bats roaming the area to enforce a "no white person day" to be an example of this?  If so I suggest you march yourself to Evergreen college post haste.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/33027/

I'll ask again, what determines the nebulous concept of being a "threat to our country"?  If you think the D-bags at Cville are threats to our nation then I suggest you invest in some Xanax, stat.

I'm not the one making the point, the men who wrote our Constitution and The Bill of Rights made the points, I'm merely reiterating them for the benefit of those who seem to have forgotten they exist.

Sure didn't, and as soon as nazis or secessionists start wielding executive power over a nation state (in before muh Trump!) you'll start having a point again.  In the meantime I'll stick with the principles on which our nation was founded on and has thrived under for over two centuries.

Yep

Groups we have gone to war with trying to reestablish is a big one and many other reasons.

We have the right to free speech and peaceably assemble. Not hold hate rallys calling for ethnic cleansing and violence while marching armed and with torches aggressively trying to intimidate.

lll keep advocating for the fight against enemies of America. You do you and support our sworn enemies.
(08-17-2017, 01:38 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yep

Groups we have gone to war with trying to reestablish is a big one and many other reasons.

You do realize that the "groups we've gone to war with" no longer exist in that form?  You do know this right?

Quote:We have the right to free speech and peaceably assemble. Not hold hate rallys calling for ethnic cleansing and violence while marching armed and with torches aggressively trying to intimidate.

So marching with torches and legally carrying firearms constitutes illegal activity in your opinion?  Odd that neither actually break the law yet you feel they do.  Maybe because you're making decisions based on your emotional beliefs and not on the rule of law?  Sadly, you don't see how dangerous a precedent allowing that kind of interpretation would set.

Quote:lll keep advocating for the fight against enemies of America. You do you and support our sworn enemies.

If by "sworn enemies" you mean our Constitution and Bill of Rights then sure?

Why do you hate America?