Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antonio Brown Too Soft For Football
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000632270/article/antonio-brown-on-vontaze-burfict-hes-an-idiot

Injuries are part of the game right? Don't go over the middle *****.
Reply/Quote
Maybe calling a guy an idiot you have to play against twice a year is kinda short sighted.

Also, saying guys are trying to take him out because they don't think they can shut him down(paraphrasing) rings kinda hollow because in the game in question, he was pretty much shut down.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Cry They want to hurt me... Violin Cry
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 05:33 PM)McC Wrote: Maybe calling a guy an idiot you have to play against twice a year is kinda short sighted.

Also, saying guys are trying to take him out because they don't think they can shut him down(paraphrasing) rings kinda hollow because in the game in question, he was pretty much shut down.

Hell, all you have to do to shut AB down is hurt Ben.  Brown is straight garbage without him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 04:52 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000632270/article/antonio-brown-on-vontaze-burfict-hes-an-idiot

(02-04-2016, 05:33 PM)McC Wrote: Maybe calling a guy an idiot you have to play against twice a year is kinda short sighted.

(02-04-2016, 05:38 PM)jason Wrote: Cry They want to hurt me... Violin Cry

Mellow 

Well except he didn't say *exactly* what you guys said he did..."paraphrasing" or not:

Quote:Speaking on NFL Network's Super Bowl HQThursday morning, Brown said that defenders like Burfict (who received a three game suspension) are trying to take him out of the game.

"It's unfair, unfortunately," Brown said of not being able to play versus the Broncos. "But that is where I'm at now. Guys don't want to stop me, guys want to kill me and take me out of the game."

Not they "can't" rather they'd rather take him out than stop him.

Quote:Following the game, Bengals corner Adam Joneswent on the Dan Patrick Show and said he "knew" Brown "was faking" the injury. On Thursday, A.B. retorted that no response from Jones or theBengals surprised him.

"I was a little upset about it all, but nothing surprised me," he said. "I know the position I'm in. Guys are going to try and take me out, but I got to be able to overcome it all and not let those type of things affect me."

Jones tried to apologize for his comments after Brown missed the Divisional Round, but the receiver had no interest in talking to the corner.
"Not at all, I think he texted me, but I was really upset," Brown said when asked if he talked to Jones. "A guy goes on national TV and says I'm an actor towards anything that regards the game. I'm a true professional. I don't play no acting games and I take pride in my work and being a professional."

Seems like AB takes the game more seriously than Jones?  Smirk

Quote:On Thursday, Brown was asked on the Dan Patrick Show what he would say about Burfict. "He's an idiot," he replied. "In that situation Burflict and Pacman Jones cost them the game, from the hit to the personal foul, allowed us to make the field goal and advance to the next round."

To be fair he called him an idiot for costing the team the game, along with Jones.

Quote:Missing Brown -- the top receiver in the NFL in 2015 -- disrupted a high-flying Steelers offense versus the Broncos, but the wideout won't play the what-if game all offseason.

"That's always going to be a thought we got to live with all offseason," he said. "What if I could have played or if we could have done anything different to have our guys back who were injured? But we don't make excuses...we'll be ready and excited for 2016."

Wow.  It seems AB is better at getting over it than the Bengals fans.   Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 05:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow 

Well except he didn't say *exactly* what you guys said he did..."paraphrasing" or not:

Not they "can't" rather they'd rather take him out than stop him.

Seems like AB takes the game more seriously than Jones?  Smirk

To be fair he called him an idiot for costing the team the game, along with Jones.

Wow.  It seems AB is better at getting over it than the Bengals fans.   Cool

You are making a faulty connection.  I don't see how you can say he's gotten over anything.  He just talked about it today.

And he was saying can't.  Come on.  I know you're in full Steeler defense mode, but don't be ridiculous about it with semantics.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 06:03 PM)McC Wrote: You are making a faulty connection.  I don't see how you can say he's gotten over anything.  He just talked about it today.

Yes, because he was ASKED about it. And he specificially said:

Quote:"...but we don't make excuses...we'll be ready and excited for 2016."

(02-04-2016, 06:03 PM)McC Wrote: And he was saying can't.  Come on.  I know you're in full Steeler defense mode, but don't be ridiculous about it with semantics.

Mellow

Here is the actual quote from the link:

Quote:"Guys don't want to stop me, guys want to kill me and take me out of the game."

That's not "semantics" it is a "quote".

I know this loss destroyed Bengals fans...but let's at least be honest.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
AB prefers "threats" and "talk" to action.... 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/antonio-brown-vontaze-burfict-is-an-%e2%80%98idiot%e2%80%99-who-tried-to-kill-me/ar-BBp8rlY?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=DELLDHP

Not everybody talks... Burfict doesn't

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 06:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes, because he was ASKED about it.  And he specificially said:

Mellow

Here is the actual quote from the link:

That's not "semantics" it is a "quote".

I know this loss destroyed Bengals fans...but let's at least be honest.

Rock On

Did he say, I 've put that behind me.  I don't want to talk about it?  No, he didn't.  Instead, he expressed his butthurt.  End of story. 

And saying they don't want to try to cover me IS saying they can't.  Take off your yellow goggles and you will see that.

And calling a guy an idiot is calling a guy an idiot.  Don't see how there's even any dispute about that.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 06:27 PM)jason Wrote: AB prefers "threats" and "talk" to action.... 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/antonio-brown-vontaze-burfict-is-an-%e2%80%98idiot%e2%80%99-who-tried-to-kill-me/ar-BBp8rlY?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=DELLDHP

Not everybody talks... Burfict doesn't

Well, to be fair Burfict's brain is still rolling around from those self-inflicted concussions.  Talking isn't high on his priority list.  Or ability.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 06:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well, to be fair Burfict's brain is still rolling around from those self-inflicted concussions.  Talking isn't high on his priority list.  Or ability.  Ninja

How do you know this?  Have you ever once heard him talk?

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 06:37 PM)McC Wrote: Did he say, I 've put that behind me.  I don't want to talk about it?  No, he didn't.  Instead, he expressed his butthurt.  End of story. 

And saying they don't want to try to cover me IS saying they can't.  Take off your yellow goggles and you will see that.

And calling a guy an idiot is calling a guy an idiot.  Don't see how there's even any dispute about that.

He said they will move forward and work for 2016.

He said "don't"...not "can't".  If you want to read into that then it should be they would rather knock him out of the game than cover him all game.

And Burfict WAS an idiot to take that penalty at that time...and AB included Jones' penalty...and it did end up costing the Bengals the game.

Sorry if reality is hard to face.   Sad
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 06:42 PM)McC Wrote: How do you know this?  Have you ever once heard him talk?

Yes?   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 06:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes?   Ninja

Okay.  Thanks for that.  It proves that he talks as well as most any NFL player you're gonna hear, which amplifies the ridiculous of your statement.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 06:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: He said they will move forward and work for 2016.

He said "don't"...not "can't".  If you want to read into that then it should be they would rather knock him out of the game than cover him all game.

And Burfict WAS an idiot to take that penalty at that time...and AB included Jones' penalty...and it did end up costing the Bengals the game.

Sorry if reality is hard to face.   Sad

First of all, quit fabricating shit.  I never said anything about whether he was an idiot or not.  So get off that.  You think calling a guy an idiot you'll play twice a year is a good idea, we'll just agree to disagree.

I'm sorry if you lack the common sense to see how don't want to and can't, in this instance, are one and the same.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and chalk that up to the yellow goggles rather than IQ.

I'm not hurt about anything.  The past is gone.

And like I said earlier, they had been doing a pretty good job of covering him the whole game, so that AB statement was way off base, even though you can't or won't see it.   If your plan to defend him was to knock him out, wouldn't they have attempted it before the last play of the game? 

Oh yeah, when it comes to idiots tryint to hurt guys they can't cover, look no further than the king of all idiots in the leagues, Mike Mitchell, who head hunted Tyler Eifert, since he knew he couldn't cover him.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 04:52 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000632270/article/antonio-brown-on-vontaze-burfict-hes-an-idiot

Steelers players and their fans need to switch to panties. What a soft bunch of thugs they have become once others punched them in the mouth.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Those tears from AB, so delicious.

Cry more for us all Antonio, tell everyone about the big bad Burfict who ended your day (and keep running your **** holster and he might actually end your career, dude is psycho.) all the while we are supposed to forget about the cheap shot against a punter....A ******' PUNTER that Brown took. You jump kicked a man in the face like a girl and want to cry about getting blasted with a shoulder.....LOL...so many tears.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 07:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Steelers players and their fans need to switch to panties. What a soft bunch of thugs they have become once others punched them in the mouth.

You and panties again.  Your obsession is troubling.

(02-04-2016, 07:31 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Those tears from AB, so delicious.

Cry more for us all Antonio, tell everyone about the big bad Burfict who ended your day (and keep running your **** holster and he might actually end your career, dude is psycho.) all the while we are supposed to forget about the cheap shot against a punter....A ******' PUNTER that Brown took. You jump kicked a man in the face like a girl and want to cry about getting blasted with a shoulder.....LOL...so many tears.

You complaining about crying is priceless.  Aren't you the guy who sent a tear soaked PM to me about how I'm such a big meanie that you won't talk to me anymore?  I suppose we project our own faults onto others eh?
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 06:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Talking isn't high on his priority list. 

Taking out key steelers plays is.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 06:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well, to be fair Burfict's brain is still rolling around from those self-inflicted concussions.  Talking isn't high on his priority list.  Or ability.  Ninja

If that's the case, AB was  faking.  He was putting words together reasonably well today. Ninja

I actually caught the tale end of the Dan Patrick interview today at work.  I missed all of the "idiots" talk. They were reading NFL scouting reports on AB prior to him being drafted.  They were pretty funny.  One said "lacks straight line NFL speed".  Another said "won't be able to get off the l.o.s. against bigger DBs".

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote