Poll: Are you happy with the John Ross pick?
This poll is closed.
Yes
47.87%
90 47.87%
No
32.45%
61 32.45%
Indifferent
19.68%
37 19.68%
Total 188 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll
(04-28-2017, 08:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah it's been a long lonely day for you, Eox and I. 

I had to take a break from the flaming. I see you're still fighting the good fight. 

If any consolation, I went from luke warm to loving Ross after more homework and you guys posts.

I also loved his interviews and like Bonnie now have a great feeling this kid could be special.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(04-29-2017, 11:45 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: You can't overlook health. This team overlooks health and drafts criminals. They haven't figured the obvious, that criminals have no disciplin. I am bound to a team that has crappy ownership. Smh

and the team is bound to some crappy and ill informed fans, it is all good life goes on
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
@ A very talented guy that will have a few big games, he will also miss a ton of games. He has bad knees, has had 3 big surgeries (for an athlete) and claims that his shoulder bothers him?????? This isn't a safe pick. They ignore all of the warning signs. At least they didn't draft a thuggish criminal woman beater until round 2. How does a criminal have game discipline? Packman. ... example. There are reasons that this team does NOT win.... this is part of it.
There was a quote by Mixon that made me really excited. He mentioned that him and Ross were going to show Cincinnati something we've never seen before. Just kinda cool how he involved Ross and isn't a selfish ball hog diva. Ross is a great kid who wants to do good in our community. Extremely humble and I get a similar vibe from Mixon as well. I think he has left what he did in the past, he knows one screw up and he's done. He just doesn't seem like the same person in the video... With that said, Ross and Mixon are going to be amazing assets to this Bengals team for years to come. They're here and they want to win.
(04-29-2017, 11:54 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: and the team is bound to some crappy and ill informed fans, it is all good life goes on

Please point out how I'm ill informed? This WR had great speed and talent but has a string of surgeries. Our second pick punched someone's daughter in the face. Is this I'll informed information? I want to be knowledgeable on the subject, please point out where I'm wrong.
(04-28-2017, 07:45 PM)Older Than You Wrote: Where do I mention Heyward Bey? Can't form an argument without a strawman I see. 

And TKHUL is right, he was a late 1st early 2nd projection. Right before the draft teams had him in the late teens or early 20s of the 1st.

People keep forgetting, or just don't know that projections are only good until the draft starts and trends dictate where a player gets taken. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(04-29-2017, 11:52 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If any consolation, I went from luke warm to loving Ross after more homework and you guys posts.

I also loved his interviews and like Bonnie now have a great feeling this kid could be special.

That is some consolation, thanks for posting this Luvnit. Rock On

(04-29-2017, 12:00 PM)Takedown Wrote: There was a quote by Mixon that made me really excited. He mentioned that him and Ross were going to show Cincinnati something we've never seen before. Just kinda cool how he involved Ross and isn't a selfish ball hog diva. Ross is a great kid who wants to do good in our community. Extremely humble and I get a similar vibe from Mixon as well. I think he has left what he did in the past, he knows one screw up and he's done. He just doesn't seem like the same person in the video... With that said, Ross and Mixon are going to be amazing assets to this Bengals team for years to come. They're here and they want to win.

I am excited, these two guys are gamechangers man. These types of players can really improve an entire football team.
I hit a wrong button on my phone and all the posts are all out of wack/order but this one seemed interesting to look back at.
Edit: Phones fixed
(11-01-2020, 10:07 AM)Cure4CF Wrote: I hit a wrong button on my phone and all the posts are all out of wack/order but this one seemed interesting to look back at.
Edit: Phones fixed

Uh huh... Sure.

But yeah. There was some excitement about this bum for sure. It's funny because the team has now sucked for over twice as long as they had back then. We thought this guy was some missing piece to make our offense special. I hated the pick, and definitely hate the results, but that's all hindsight.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(11-01-2020, 10:15 AM)jason Wrote: Uh huh... Sure.

But yeah. There was some excitement about this bum for sure. It's funny because the team has now sucked for over twice as long as they had back then. We thought this guy was some missing piece to make our offense special. I hated the pick, and definitely hate the results, but that's all hindsight.

Ha, yeah now that I read it, it does seem a little fishy.
Interesting to see how many people talked themselves into liking him after he was picked. I voted indifferent because i was in a wait and see mode. Now that I've seen...
I am not going to go back through 10 pages to find my post, but as I remember I was more upset with taking a WR than I was with taking Ross specifically.
Saw some familiar names who called me a Ross hater a few years ago. So sad.
*leans back, lights cigar*
*coughs uncontrollably*
*It was actually a Snickers from Halloween*
I voted no just now, so.
(04-28-2017, 07:12 PM)eoxyod Wrote: *Ross moving down sideline*
"THERE ARE 10 SECONDS LEFT. BENGALS DOWN 4"
*Andy chucks up the ball. Severely overthrown*
"Andy throws it! 4...3...2..."
*Ross leaps. Angel with dreads lifts him and carries him 10 yards down field to the ball*
"TOUCHDOWN ROSS! IT'S A MIRACLE! BENGALS WIN! BENGALS WIN!"
*Ross gets pulled over after the game for a DUI*

Chris Henry's in the Outfield. A true underdog story

That was probably too dark

Ha, we thought Ross would actually leap for the ball.
2017? My guys were Jamal Adams, Mike Williams, Haason Reddick, Ryan Ramszyk, and TJ Watt.

I remember being ok with the John Ross pick because in 2016 they had ZERO speed at WR and teams were jumping all the underneath routes. It was ugly.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(11-01-2020, 01:30 PM)Synric Wrote: 2017? My guys were Jamal Adams, Mike Williams, Haason Reddick, Ryan Ramszyk, and TJ Watt.

I remember being ok with the John Ross pick because in 2016 they had ZERO speed at WR and teams were jumping all the underneath routes. It was ugly.

Man, TJ. What a pick. Sucks being in a division with 2 teams that just seem to always nail it on their draft picks.
I absolutely hated the pick. I'm sure the draft forum is littered with it. I do remember my "pick" being Run CMC but he went just before we picked.

Some of the others I was pounding the table for were:

Patrick Mahomes
Deshaun Watson
Marlon Humphrey
TJ Watt

OK, that part was a joke.

To show I'm no Nostradamus below are some I really liked in that draft:

Malik Hooker (My #2 want after Run CMC)
Hasson Reddick
Jonathan Allen
Jabrill Peppers
Takkarist McKinley

Surmise it to say: I wanted defense
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Is this why you have to be careful of what you say online? Hehe
Just voted.

Didn't like the pick initially, but like others felt better after research--felt worse after watching him play/get demoted/get injured time and time again. Could have went defense or grabbed Mahomes here.