Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
It's time we moved on from Green
What's really alarming is Tate is the future but benched. Green, while still a great WR, should be gradually becoming our 3rd best receiver by now. We need to convert them into SR (slot receivers) than WR with our porous line for the last 5 seasons. That first long throw to Green on the Cleveland game failed and the biggest concern out of it.. was... Is Green OK? did he get hurt? oh no? Thankfully he was fine.

The problem is not Green, it is ZAC. I repeat, ZAC.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:59 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: It's crystal clear that he's not a leader and not an elite receiver.

He disappears when needed most unless it's Baltimore. When we drain the swamp Green should go too

Just curious but why did you start this thread on a day when Green had 10 receptions (on 13 targets) for 111 yards and a TD in a tough overtime loss to the Packers?  At that point he was on pace to have 107 receptions for 1344 yards for the season.

And even more, what made it "crystal clear" that he was not a leader?  Whar specific facts was that claim based on?

Sound like you just have something personal against him because there was nothing about the facts to support what you were saying.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 11:36 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: The problem is not Green, it is ZAC. I repeat, ZAC.

Unfortunately true. Zac Taylor talks like an experienced coach but I don’t see this intelligent strategy on the field. I detest Bill Belichick but his approach of “the best player starts” wins Super Bowls. When Brady and Gronk no longer were the best at their respective positions Bill had no issue letting them walk. Zac and Mike Brown need to adopt this philosophy.

I love AJ Green. He’s a great player but he’s not 100% and it shows. Auden Tate is raw but he’s 100% healthy and if Cincinnati wants to win games it’s time to start him. If AJ shows he can play at an elite level then sure, play him but until then the healthy player should start.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hate to say "we were close" but if we won all 3 of these close games I think most of us would not be calling for Taylor's head, but that's how life goes.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 12:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Unfortunately true.  Zac Taylor talks like an experienced coach but I don’t see this intelligent strategy on the field.  I detest Bill Belichick but his approach of “the best player starts” wins Super Bowls.  When Brady and Gronk no longer were the best at their respective positions Bill had no issue letting them walk.  Zac and Mike Brown need to adopt this philosophy.

I love AJ Green.  He’s a great player but he’s not 100% and it shows.  Auden Tate is raw but he’s 100% healthy and if Cincinnati wants to win games it’s time to start him.  If AJ shows he can play at an elite level then sure, play him but until then the healthy player should start.

Belichick is the best at 1) developing talent and 2) getting asset value before the player is "up". That's probably what happened with management and Brady, they wouldn't follow Billy's rules for getting rid of players "earlier than the rest" while they still hold value.

I would have put Geno, AJ, and Mixon up on the chopping block for offensive line.
Reply/Quote