Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As a 5th year starting QB
(08-25-2015, 08:45 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote:   How do you play well and loose? 

Ask Aaron Rodgers.  He lost a playoff game while going 28-42 for 423 yards 4 passing tds and a rushing td.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 08:17 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Last year's preseason when Dalton lit it up. People were saying it was just preseason, and it didn't matter. Well it doesn't matter until they play like crap. Then it matters a lot apparently Ninja

I think you have it slightly wrong.  What really happens is, some people read a whole lot into it, some other people say it doesn't matter and most people have the right amount of perspective about what it means, good or bad. 

The vast majority of posters on this board have an excellent handle on reality and saying what you said is saying that is not the case. 

There is truth in what you say but it in no way applies to the majority.  Maybe when people make these blanket statements, they could qualify them by saying this really only applies to about a half dozen over the top types and leave it at that. 

It could be the first step to breaking that annoying phenomenon of trying to somehow shine a negative light on one of the most loyal fan bases in all of sports.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 10:16 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: What if the Bengals won a playoff game and Dalton posted his 5th straight 40-60 qbr postseason game?  Should they get rid of him?

I'd consider it.  But if we make the playoffs in the first place that probably means that Dalton has played reasonably well during the regular season.

People who bash Dalton for being an average QB often don't comment on how hard it is to find an average QB.  There are not enough of them to go around and it is very difficult to project what a college QB will do in the NFL. 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 10:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'd consider it.  But if we make the playoffs in the first place that probably means that Dalton has played reasonably well during the regular season.

People who bash Dalton for being an average QB often don't comment on how hard it is to find an average QB.  There are not enough of them to go around and it is very difficult to project what a college QB will do in the NFL. 

He played below league average last year and they made the playoffs.

All of your points are made up, what if scenarios.

That's why I can't take u seriously.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 10:35 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: He played below league average last year and they made the playoffs.

All of your points are made up, what if scenarios.

That's why I can't take u seriously.

I'm not defending fred, but are you always so angry?  If so, maybe crochet is your thing, and not football?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 10:35 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: He played below league average last year and they made the playoffs.

His numbers were down because he lost some major receiving threats to injury.  

Eifert was out all year and by the end of the year Gresham was out also.

Marvin Jones missed the entire season.

A J Green only caught a pass in 11 games and was slowed by injury in many of those.

even the best QBs need decent receivers.  Just look at how bad Brady looked when Gronk was out.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 11:01 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm not defending fred, but are you always so angry?  If so, maybe crochet is your thing, and not football?

You would be miserable to if you lived in Florence.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 11:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You would be miserable to if you lived in Florence.

You mean he's Joe From Flo?  Maybe I ought to come clean?  JC?  Your thoughts. 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 11:58 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You mean he's Joe From Flo?  Maybe I ought to come clean?  JC?  Your thoughts. 

I am not sure, but I don't know of any other former member who would be so bitterly obsessed with me.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 12:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not sure, but I don't know of any other former member who would be so bitterly obsessed with me.

Good point.  I also am an "old" member, but I've kept low due to a lot of misinformation.  I'd like to come forward but I don't know how I'd be received.  
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 12:06 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Good point.  I also am an "old" member, but I've kept low due to a lot of misinformation.  I'd like to come forward but I don't know how I'd be received.  

Oh man, this sounds good.  Please continue.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 12:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not sure, but I don't know of any other former member who would be so bitterly obsessed with me.

Better than a bitter abcess.  

Just admit you backed out of a bet Fred and this will all go away. We promise...
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 12:06 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh man, this sounds good.  Please continue.

I'm not really sure I'd get a "clean" bill of health, so to speak.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 12:10 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Better than a bitter abcess.  

Just admit you backed out of a bet Fred and this will all go away. We promise...

I already admitted to it.

But I backed out before I lost or anything had changed my chances of losing.  It is not like I waited until after I lost to back out.  
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 12:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I already admitted to it.

But I backed out before I lost or anything had changed my chances of losing.  It is not like I waited until after I lost to back out.  

Alright. That's a first step. But... I mean... a bet is a bet.  You can't tell a bookie never mind half way into the first half.

What were the particulars? That will help us all asses the situation and put it to rest once and for all. Details. Anyone is free to give their interpretation.  
Reply/Quote
Guess I'll just keep in on the D/L. No one seems to care.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 12:19 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Alright. That's a first step. But... I mean... a bet is a bet.  You can't tell a bookie never mind half way into the first half.

What were the particulars? That will help us all asses the situation and put it to rest once and for all. Details. Anyone is free to give their interpretation.  

It was during the offseason '13 and I lost my cool.  I never bet on something that I can not control, but I got in a heated debate with Toast Jones (aka Wes Mantooth) and bet him that we would win a playoff game.  I backed out of the bet almost immediately.  It was long before the season started and nothing had changed to effect my chances of losing the bet.  I just wised up and realized I had broken my rule against betting on something that I can not control.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 12:29 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Guess I'll just keep in on the D/L.  No one seems to care.

If you are a hot chick then I care.

But you will have to post pictures to prove it.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 12:29 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Guess I'll just keep in on the D/L.  No one seems to care.

You being a DL bro has nothing to do with this. Allow this to evolve organically.  Well start another thread to explore your blooming gender discovery.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 12:33 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If you are a hot chick then I care.

But you will have to post pictures to prove it.

lol  Sorry, no hot pics of me, just a "history" on the boards.
Reply/Quote