Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As a 5th year starting QB
(08-25-2015, 04:25 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Where have I said "everytime"?  The line only looks good because they don't have to hold their blocks for very long.  When they have to they get embarrassed like they did on average last night.  Dalton was sacked and hit how many times yesterday?  How many routes went deep?  

Your original statement implied every time he holds it for more than a "hot second", he gets hit. That's not true at all.

Again, you say they only look good because they don't have to hold their blocks. False. Andy has an average of a quick release, but that doesn't mean every release is quick. The line has been good lately no matter what some guy on a message board says.

They sucked last night but let's not pretend that usually happens. This is ridiculous and you'd think a Bengals fan wouldn't argue about an actual strength of the team.

Outside of Andy nuthuggers, I've honestly never heard anyone diss our o-line. Geez. I wonder why that is??? The lengths some will go to defend 1 player is unbelievable. Andy is the reason the line looks good....LOL sure thing, delusional Andy homer is delusional.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:44 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Your original statement implied every time he holds it for more than a "hot second", he gets hit. That's not true at all.

Again, you say they only look good because they don't have to hold their blocks. False. Andy has an average of a quick release, but that doesn't mean every release is quick. The line has been good lately no matter what some guy on a message board says.

They sucked last night but let's not pretend that usually happens. This is ridiculous and you'd think a Bengals fan wouldn't argue about an actual strength of the team.

Outside of Andy nuthuggers, I've honestly never heard anyone diss our o-line. Geez. I wonder why that is??? The lengths some will go to defend 1 player is unbelievable. Andy is the reason the line looks good....LOL sure thing, delusional Andy homer is delusional.

So it's "implied"?  Why would anyone "imply" absolutes unless I actually said it?  Perhaps if they want to argue strawmen?

On average our QB doesn't hold the ball very long.  Consequently the o-line doesn't have to work very hard at pass blocking.  When they do have to work at it, our QB seems to get hit a lot.  

That's my perception.  
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 05:00 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: So it's "implied"?  Why would anyone "imply" absolutes unless I actually said it?  Perhaps if they want to argue strawmen?

On average our QB doesn't hold the ball very long.  Consequently the o-line doesn't have to work very hard at pass blocking.  When they do have to work at it, our QB seems to get hit a lot.  

That's my perception.  

No strawman, maybe you shouldn't write things if you don't mean them. Your wording in the original post says that when Andy holds the ball longer than a "hot second", he gets hit. I'm sorry that I don't know the exact definition of "hot second", so keep arguing semantics and avoiding the point.

I'm just glad your perception is wrong, or else our line would have been much worse over the last couple of years.

Very happy that your perception isn't a reality except for in 1 meaningless preseason game.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 05:04 PM)djs7685 Wrote: No strawman, maybe you shouldn't write things if you don't mean them. Your wording in the original post says that when Andy holds the ball longer than a "hot second", he gets hit. I'm sorry that I don't know the exact definition of "hot second", so keep arguing semantics and avoiding the point.

I'm just glad your perception is wrong, or else our line would have been much worse over the last couple of years.

Very happy that your perception isn't a reality except for in 1 meaningless preseason game.

Perhaps you should attempt to use some common sense instead of arguing my verbiage? 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 10:41 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Andy Dalton is what he is folks. I've been saying this for several years and will continue to say it. He's not a good QB and it's about time we finally started seriously looking at other options in the off season. Unfortunately the Bengals front office seem content with him and think he's the franchise.

It's lame.

he is a good quarterback..but not a very good quarterback
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 06:45 PM)xavierdude Wrote: he is a good quarterback..but not a very good quarterback

He can be a good QB.  He is not always.  There's the rub.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
If Dalton would have went 8-10 118 yards and a score, most of the Anti Andy crowd on here would be saying "Its just preseason nothing to get worked up about", but since he wasn't very good they're out in full force despite it being a bad performance in a meaningless game.

Im neither for or against Andy, i just have the mindset that it takes more unnecessary effort to be against him. I mean really in the long run what good does it do to come on here( and the old boards) and bash the guy day in and day out. Its not like Mike Brown is reading these and honestly giving a shit about what you guys think.

I don't know what Andy's deal is.. When the bright lights are on he's a shell of himself. Its frustrating to watch, and even in a meaningless game he was largely ineffective. However I'm not attributing all of it to him, there was no run game, bad blocking, poor route running/catching that all had a hand in last night. As far as current NFL starting quarterbacks out there, id take Dalton over half. He's good enough to win with. This debate keeps getting rehashed with the same outcome…. Andy still being the quarterback. If Dalton were perfect in the playoffs and we still lost, we'd be back here again talking about Andy, and most of you would be trying to place the blame on him. A lot of fans don't like him and he'll probably never change their opinions. Im still undecided on the dude, I've seen good and I've seen bad, more good then bad though. Its tired and dumb. Dalton is the quarterback. Like it or not it is just that. Its stupid to come here and continually bash the dude, it doesn't change anything. Face it, its probably gonna take an act of congress to get him replaced.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 07:55 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: If Dalton would have went 8-10 118 yards and a score, most of the Anti Andy crowd on here would be saying "Its just preseason nothing to get worked up about", 

Proof? 

People always say things like this, and outside of a troll or two, I've never seen it happen.  No sense in deflecting the issues from the QB and placing them on the fans.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 08:00 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Proof? 

People always say things like this, and outside of a troll or two, I've never seen it happen.  No sense in deflecting the issues from the QB and placing them on the fans.

Last year's preseason when Dalton lit it up. People were saying it was just preseason, and it didn't matter. Well it doesn't matter until they play like crap. Then it matters a lot apparently Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 08:17 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Last year's preseason when Dalton lit it up. People were saying it was just preseason, and it didn't matter. Well it doesn't matter until they play like crap. Then it matters a lot apparently Ninja

Link?

I'm not just going to take you on your word on this.  It's an exaggerated and played out statement and people don't actually do this.  

I'm aware that the old bengals.com boards no longer exist, but there are plenty of other boards to use as proof.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 03:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I never made a bet anywhere in this thread.

WTF are you even talking about?

And are you going to answer the question that I asked?  If Dalton plays well and we still lose in a playoff game would you still be in favor of replacing Dalton as our QB?

Stop lying. Everyone knows you're a fraud and have no ingerity. Can't even honor a simple bet. That shows how weak and feeble you are.

What if Dalton posted a 50 to 60 qb rating in the playoffs? Wait, he's done that plenty of times. What if he throws for 5 Tds and 400 yards? I go off facts, you go off wet dreams.

You're embarrassing yourself everytime you post.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 03:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So can we just go back to answering my question?  If Dalton plays really well and we still lose in the playoffs do
you still favor replacing him as our QB? 

There is literally no reason to believe he will play well in a playoff game.  What would you consider 'well'?  How do you play well and loose?  If he puts up ridiculous stats and we end up loosing 48-49 on a last second FG, then maybe not.
Outside of that, if the dude looses AGAIN, he didnt play well enough in my opinion and I would say all confidence in him across the locker room would be largely lost.  Would rather bring in someone with a better chance.

(08-25-2015, 04:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I never made a bet anywhere in this thread.

As for what happened on the old board I made a bet and then withdrew before anything happened.  It was not like I waited until I lost the bet to back out.  At the time I backed out there was still the same chance I would win.  

But, again, what does any of this have to do with the subject of this thread?  Why are you so obsessed with me that you refuse to make any posts about the discussion we are having in this thread.  Am I really that important to you?

Details.  What was the bet?  How did it all go down again?  I'm a little foggy.  i'm sure others will chime in and add some context.
Reply/Quote
Did anyone notice dalton changing his grip of the ball on the fg drive? It looked like he had the piont of the ball angled downward... hopefully eifert threatened him with bodily harm for hanging him out.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 08:45 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: There is literally no reason to believe he will play well in a playoff game.  What would you consider 'well'?  How do you play well and loose?  If he puts up ridiculous stats and we end up loosing 48-49 on a last second FG, then maybe not.
Outside of that, if the dude looses AGAIN, he didnt play well enough in my opinion and I would say all confidence in him across the locker room would be largely lost.  Would rather bring in someone with a better chance.

Details.  What was the bet?  How did it all go down again?  I'm a little foggy.  i'm sure others will chime in and add some context.

He bet he'd leave the board, I forget the Specifics. NO SHOCK, he was wrong and he lost. Then he backed out of it.

It was hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 08:00 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Proof? 

Not deflecting anything… Its always been here, board members jump at the chance to trash him, but stay hidden when he succeeds. Its more than two.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:04 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Not deflecting anything… Its always been here, board members jump at the chance to trash him, but stay hidden when he succeeds. Its more than two.

I don't see that either.  He gets the right amount of credit and blame.  This is not about the fans.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 08:45 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: There is literally no reason to believe he will play well in a playoff game.  What would you consider 'well'?  How do you play well and loose?  If he puts up ridiculous stats and we end up loosing 48-49 on a last second FG, then maybe not.

Fred is a gigantic mush. If you asked him to call a coin toss, and he was able to answer with both Heads or Tails as his call, He would find a way to get it wrong. His level and consistency of being incompetent and incorrect is staggering.

Gotta feel bad for the old guy.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 08:17 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Last year's preseason when Dalton lit it up. People were saying it was just preseason, and it didn't matter. Well it doesn't matter until they play like crap. Then it matters a lot apparently Ninja

Based on the way Dalton played in 2014 I would say the doubters were right.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 08:38 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: Stop lying.  Everyone knows you're a fraud and have no ingerity.  Can't even honor a simple bet. That shows how weak and feeble you are.

What if Dalton posted a 50 to 60 qb rating in the playoffs? Wait, he's done that plenty of times.  What if he throws for 5 Tds and 400 yards?  I go off facts, you go off wet dreams.

You're embarrassing yourself everytime you post.

So you are going to refuse to answer my question.

That is all you had to say.

BTW I understand why people like you are so obsessed with me, but you really should try to at least make one or two comments relevant to the discussion instead of making it all about me.  Not everyone is as fascinated with me as you are.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 10:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you are going to refuse to answer my question.

That is all you had to say.

BTW I understand why people like you are so obsessed with me, but you really should try to at least make one or two comments relevant to the discussion instead of making it all about me.  Not everyone is as fascinated with me as you are.

What if the Bengals won a playoff game and Dalton posted his 5th straight 40-60 qbr postseason game? Should they get rid of him?
Reply/Quote