Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Auden Tate seeking trade
(09-18-2020, 05:19 PM)McC Wrote: Isn't the title of the thread--Auden Tate seeking trade--maybe a bit misleading when the very link itself clearly says he "could seek a trade?"

You’re pretty naive if you think it’s not gonna come to that.

Some dude off waivers and someone who has historically sucked and decided to be a family man during camp is getting more clock. The situation isn’t going to improve.

Direct this to Bengalholic, because he’s equally as naive.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 06:20 PM)Whatever Wrote: Ross caught the same % of his targets last year as Tate(50%).  He's not good, but he plays a role in the offense that we don't really have anyone else to fill.

Compare their draft spots and pay checks before you come out here with comments like that.

You can find a burner on the streets who can post a 50% catch rate at a fraction of what the Bengals are paying Ross.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 07:35 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Compare their draft spots and pay checks before you come out here with comments like that.

You can find a burner on the streets who can post a 50% catch rate at a fraction of what the Bengals are paying Ross.

Travis Benjamin is (was?) a speed guy. Signed a 1-year, $1.05 mill deal with SF. Bengals could have doubled or tripled that and still had a bargain speedy receiver.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 07:35 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Compare their draft spots and pay checks before you come out here with comments like that.

Tell me some burners that are out there on the street that can catch half their targets at a fraction of the price, then.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 07:42 PM)Whatever Wrote: Tell me some burners that are out there on the street that can catch half their targets at a fraction of the price, then.  

He’s not even at 50% though. He has 2 catches on 7 targets.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 07:42 PM)Whatever Wrote: Tell me some burners that are out there on the street that can catch half their targets at a fraction of the price, then.  

I think you're way, waaayyy, overestimating the value Ross brings to this team and/or the fear he strikes in opposing D's.
Reply/Quote
I think it’s more that, because the o-line allows pressure quickly, they gameplan these quick passes and short routes.

Tate is a big lumbering guy with limited quickness. He isnt fitting the current scheme right now
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 06:55 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: You’re pretty naive if you think it’s not gonna come to that.

Some dude off waivers and someone who has historically sucked and decided to be a family man during camp is getting more clock. The situation isn’t going to improve.

Direct this to Bengalholic, because he’s equally as naive.
I guess I just don't possess your mind reading ability and therefore must rely on what is actually said.   But, way to go on the misleading title of the thread.  Not sure why this pot seems worth stirring to you, but whatever.  Go on with yer bad self.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Bring in a decent guard or tackle if you leave
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 08:03 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Bring in a decent guard or tackle if you leave

He's not going anywhere.  The whole thread is a ***** lie. 

The hunger for attention is so strong that, with all the actual shit to whine about, some folks have even go on and fabricate shit.  How pathetic is that?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 08:02 PM)McC Wrote: I guess I just don't possess your mind reading ability and therefore must rely on what is actually said.   But, way to go on the misleading title of the thread.  Not sure why this pot seems worth stirring to you, but whatever.  Go on with yer bad self.

It’s not about reading minds, it’s about predicting the future.

Which, btw, I have an phenomenal track record of.
Reply/Quote
Shit. The agent says let him go elsewhere if you won’t use him. The bengals have not or will not be doing that in the foreseeable future.

Really not that hard to see what’s coming.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 08:01 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think it’s more that, because the o-line allows pressure quickly, they gameplan these quick passes and short routes.

Tate is a big lumbering guy with limited quickness. He isnt fitting the current scheme right now

He’d be useful in some of these red zone situations where we have been settling for FG’s though. Not saying it’s as easy as just throwing it up to him, but he has shown the ability to make tough catches.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 08:15 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: It’s not about reading minds, it’s about predicting the future.

Which, btw, I have an phenomenal track record of.

You could have easily titled the thread “could Tate be seeking a trade?”

You knew what you were doing.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 08:01 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think it’s more that, because the o-line allows pressure quickly, they gameplan these quick passes and short routes.

This is way overblown ! Some of you guys act like Tate goes 325 and runs a 5.5 forty. You don't need world class speed to run 8 yards downfield and turn around.

And quickness is a totally different thing than speed.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 07:58 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I think you're way, waaayyy, overestimating the value Ross brings to this team and/or the fear he strikes in opposing D's.

I think it's pretty obvious that most people on this board way, waaayyy overestimate the value Auden Tate brings to this team and/or the fear he strikes in opposing D's.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 08:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You could have easily titled the thread “could Tate be seeking a trade?”

You knew what you were doing.

Nah, you're just dense as a rock. 

Yeah, let's ignore his agent's charged language about the situation.

Let's ignore how anyone that has followed Tate since the start of his career, and follow the Bengals over the last year, can reasonably put themselves in his shoes and would demand a trade or at the very least be a disgruntled employee.

Let's ignore all of that. Why? Because the person who wrote the article and Tate's agent left a smidge of ambiguity in the situation when there clearly is NONE WHATSOEVER.

I made the title the way it is because it isn't just the likely outcome. It WILL BE THE OUTCOME. And this means that i'm just stirring shit up for attention?

How absolutely dun-diddely dare you sir?!

When Tate becomes more public about demanding a trade and/or it happens before the trade deadline, i'll be expecting a full apology and a tray of cocoa Rice Krispy Treats.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 08:54 PM)Whatever Wrote: I think it's pretty obvious that most people on this board way, waaayyy overestimate the value Auden Tate brings to this team and/or the fear he strikes in opposing D's.  

I don’t think anyone is suggesting Tate is some stud that’s going to come in and light it up. But even a little bit of production would be more than we’re getting out of Ross right now.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 08:57 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Nah, you're just dense as a rock. 

Let's ignore how anyone that has followed Tate since the start of his career, and follow the Bengals over the last year, can reasonably put themselves in his shoes and would demand a trade or at the very least be a disgruntled employee.

Let's ignore all of that. Why? Because the person who wrote the article and Tate's agent left a smidge of ambiguity in the situation when there clearly is NONE WHATSOEVER.

I made the title the way it is because it isn't just the likely outcome. It WILL BE THE OUTCOME. And this means that i'm just stirring shit up for attention?

When Tate becomes more public about demanding a trade and/or it happens before the trade deadline, i'll be expecting a full apology and a tray of cocoa Rice Krispy Treats.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=15796993]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 08:57 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Nah, you're just dense as a rock. 

I mean, it's not like the agent works for Tate or anything...
Reply/Quote