Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Auden Tate seeking trade
(09-18-2020, 07:42 PM)Whatever Wrote: Tell me some burners that are out there on the street that can catch half their targets at a fraction of the price, then.  

Taylor Gabriel and Corey Coleman come to mind.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think anyone is suggesting Tate is some stud that’s going to come in and light it up. But even a little bit of production would be more than we’re getting out of Ross right now.

Right

You see that's the point that's just totally missed. Nobody has said Tate is gonna rewrite the record books.

What they are saying is we know beyond any shadow of a doubt what Ross is, not any good. He's had all kinds of chances to improve and he's still the same player he was 4 years ago.

Tate however has seen limited use and has shown some potential. Give him a chance and quit worrying where Ross was drafted, he's a bust.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 08:15 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: It’s not about reading minds, it’s about predicting the future.

Which, btw, I have an phenomenal track record of.

(09-18-2020, 09:25 PM)Whatever Wrote: I mean, it's not like the agent works for Tate or anything...

You can buy me some honey buns.

I’m the Nostradamus of this board. See my track record. Don’t doubt me
Reply/Quote
Auden Tate at least tries to make a play for the ball. In 2019 he made some AJ Green-worthy catches. John Ross doesn’t seem to do that; he has T-Rex arms unless the ball is thrown absolutely perfectly.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:53 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Auden Tate at least tries to make a play for the ball. In 2019 he made some AJ Green-worthy catches. John Ross doesn’t seem to do that; he has T-Rex arms unless the ball is thrown absolutely perfectly.

Stop being a ***** dinosaur and get a job!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:46 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Is that what JAG is from?  It's a soccer term?

No wonder why I had no clue what the hell it was.

i have no clue about jag. I just thought he must be discussing soccer with these terms and Hart as the best lineman. It couldn't be football.
Reply/Quote
I haven't read the entire thread so SIAP, but what about moving Tate to fill Uzomah's spot at TE? He's almost as big, and his pass catching skillset certainly matches the position.
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The thread title should include a 'could, might or possibly'.  Whatever

I agree, OP has misleading title.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:37 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Taylor Gabriel and Corey Coleman come to mind.

So a guy who opted out of the season due to COVID and a guy who hasn't played since '18?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 04:26 AM)Whatever Wrote: So a guy who opted out of the season due to COVID and a guy who hasn't played since '18?

I was asked a question and provided an answer, not the player's life stories. Sorry if I don't have time to look up every free agent and their 40 yard dash times.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 08:01 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think it’s more that, because the o-line allows pressure quickly, they gameplan these quick passes and short routes.

Tate is a big lumbering guy with limited quickness. He isnt fitting the current scheme right now

Who is?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Tate doesn’t want to move to TE. He’s been asked since at least college to make the move and has refused. He may reconsider- being he’s now a pro but I don’t get the impression he will.

He straight up produced last year and took his potential seriously this offseason. He deserves a chance with this team because it’s obvious AJ isn’t the same (he’s a pro, he’s in shape and ready, so stop with the excuses please). AJ shoulda been traded last year. He should be traded this year. He’s the elephant in the room holding the team back in my opinion. I understand why they wanted to keep him to help JB transition, but JB doesn’t need that. He needs right side protection!!!

Tate, Boyd, Higgins, MT and Erickson is all JB needs. Speed is a luxury not a necessity. It’s more about space and holes anyway. Trade AJ and Ross if you can and let JB gel with this vey capable receiving Corp and get him some damn protection now!!! Even if you have to anti up a top pick. Get some protection now so we can compete now!!!!
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
The problem is is that Ross is the ONLY guy with any kind of speed on the receiving depth chart. AJ, Boyd, Higgins, Tate, and Erickson don't have elite or maybe even above average speed.

The Bengals needed the Ross pick to pan out so bad because he gives you what the offense doesn't have...speed. If you plug Tate in he's just another big body receiver who struggles to get separation at times.

That being said, at this point I'm fine with playing Tate because Ross just gives you nothing. People that think Tate is going to come in and somehow change the offense though are out of their minds.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 04:26 AM)Whatever Wrote: So a guy who opted out of the season due to COVID and a guy who hasn't played since '18?

So you're obviously not buying into Taylor Gabriel.  But how about Peter Gabriel?  That could be cool, right?

Reply/Quote
Best case scenario for a trade would be for a 3rd, shipping him to a more competitive team that is thin at WR. Probably a few more weeks before it could happen.
Reply/Quote
let's count all the times NFL teams have traded during the season for a WR6 to WR8

(ok, we're done)
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 11:43 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So you're obviously not buying into Taylor Gabriel.  But how about Peter Gabriel?  That could be cool, right?

Peter Gabriel does have some great songs.  In Your Eyes is a classic '80's tune and I personally really like Red Rain.

In seriousness, Taylor Gabriel wouldn't have been a bad addition, but he's not playing this year.  Coleman is an even bigger bust than Ross, has caught 43% of his targets, and didn't even play last year.

It gets a bit ridiculous how people put a guy in their doghouse and act like there's a ton of guys as good or better available.  
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 11:40 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The problem is is that Ross is the ONLY guy with any kind of speed on the receiving depth chart. AJ, Boyd, Higgins, Tate, and Erickson don't have elite or maybe even above average speed.

The Bengals needed the Ross pick to pan out so bad because he gives you what the offense doesn't have...speed. If you plug Tate in he's just another big body receiver who struggles to get separation at times.

That being said, at this point I'm fine with playing Tate because Ross just gives you nothing. People that think Tate is going to come in and somehow change the offense though are out of their minds.

Thomas is a 4.4 guy, has been getting open, and has made the catches.  As I said earlier, he played 15 snaps against LA and Burrow threw to him 3 times, so Joe obviously likes him.  He should be getting the bulk of Ross's snaps because he can do a lot of the same things within the offense and has outplayed him so far.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 08:15 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: It’s not about reading minds, it’s about predicting the future.

Which, btw, I have an phenomenal track record of.
Oh, well, that changes everything.  SMH.  I assume you are extremely well paid for your gift of prescience.  Could you give me tonight's Power Ball numbers?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 01:00 PM)Whatever Wrote: Thomas is a 4.4 guy, has been getting open, and has made the catches.  As I said earlier, he played 15 snaps against LA and Burrow threw to him 3 times, so Joe obviously likes him.  He should be getting the bulk of Ross's snaps because he can do a lot of the same things within the offense and has outplayed him so far.

nod, its time to wrap up the ross experiment. he's a bust. fast wr that can't track the ball and limited field awareness. bengals currently have other wrs on the roster they will get more from if ross is not on the field.
Reply/Quote