Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Marvin leaving at the end of the season; team caught off guard
Schefter just reported that he’s expected to leave.

**UPDATES**

Apparently assistant coaches were unhappy with how they’ve been treated financially

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/marvin-lewis-reportedly-planning-to-leave-bengals-after-2017-team-caught-off-guard/

[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 12:16 PM)Trademark Wrote: Schefter just reported that he’s expected to leave. Yes!!!

Yep! Here’s the link.
http://es.pn/2kEuJTI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Beat me to it. It's a Christmas miracle! To be fair, Marvin did do some good things here and is probably a little better than we give him credit for. I think it's just time for him to move on.

I also believe no head coach here can be fully evaluated under ebenezer's stewardship. Change is long overdue there too
Reply/Quote
!!!!!!

I wish him well, but MAN did I feel happy hearing that news. Excited for change.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 12:16 PM)Trademark Wrote: Schefter just reported that he’s expected to leave. Yes!!!

Thanks for all you did...Now, moving on...
Reply/Quote
It might be so, but until it actually happens I'm not biting. 
I have very little faith MB will bring in anyone worth a bucket of warm spit. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
0 n 7
Reply/Quote
Good stuff.

Hopefully the next coach isn't even worse.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 12:30 PM)grampahol Wrote: It might be so, but until it actually happens I'm not biting. 

Please suggest Gruden, we need some excitement, we need a Harbaugh type personality.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Bill O'Brien first choice... we cant hire from within
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 12:32 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Bill O'Brien first choice... we cant hire from within

The guy with a butt for a face? **** please no.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 12:34 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The guy with a butt for a face? **** please no.

Lol, Bill would be a big upgrade. He's taken some poor Texans teams and have made them competitive.
Reply/Quote
Praise the lord! Christmas miracles really do exist
Reply/Quote
So evidently, he's wanting to work in a front office somewhere. 

If all this is true, then it's definitely good for the organization. 15 years is a long time in the NFL. It's definitely time to move on and try something different.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 12:30 PM)grampahol Wrote: It might be so, but until it actually happens I'm not biting. 

You and me both papaw!!  It's not just 'WHO' MB puts in the position but how much rope does the HC get?
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 12:31 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: 0 n 7

0-15 in my book
Reply/Quote
Ian Rappaport says to keep an eye on Darrin Simmons as Marvin's replacement.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
I definitely agree, Merry Christmas to all, thank you Marvin! Thanks for the 5 straight years in the playoffs, and thank you for realizing you can't get it done. Now wouldn't it be funny if we somehow made the playoffs at 8-8 and won the superbowl? Lol, guessing our playoff odds are 0%.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 12:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So evidently, he's wanting to work in a front office somewhere. 

If all this is true, then it's definitely good for the organization. 15 years is a long time in the NFL. It's definitely time to move on and try something different.

Do we put him in our FO?  Or does he go to an AFCN rival FO?
Reply/Quote
So, it says he is would be on a short list for a HC job. IF he does get another HC job and within 1-2 years takes another team to the playoffs and wins a game does this mean that all hope is lost here? At that point everyone would have to know that MB and the front office are the issues and it was probably not Marvin Lewis. Just a thought.
Reply/Quote