Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Marvin leaving at the end of the season; team caught off guard
January 1st 2018 Bengals announce new head coach Lew Marvis.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:21 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: As offensive coordinator, fine!  As head coach, BLEEP no!  Hue Jackson has a horrific record as head coach with the Raiders and Browns.  To make him head coach of the Cincinnati Bengals would be a serious downgrade!

He was 8-8 in one season with the Raiders, so his coaching record is bad because he coached a pathetic Browns team for 2 years. Not his fault their FO can’t bring in good players
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:22 PM)spazz70 Wrote: My thoughts exactly....Was there not supposedly some sort of plan in place for Hue to take over this year or last when he left for the Browns?  I would put my odds on this hire if he does get the boot from the Browns.  At least a couple things...I really believe the the players respect him and he does have a fire about him.  

He also, has a pretty big, self-serving ego, IMO, and has always been about himself more than his teams. As an OC, QB of WR coach...I wouldn't have much of an issue. As a head coach, with this organization, I think it would go very badly.
Reply/Quote
Marvin has to leave now, right? He can't possibly coach out the season. Why would he want to? Why would anyone want him to? Only in Bengal World.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 01:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If he could only figure out how to run a football team without coaches, he would probably pop a chubby for the first time in 40 years.

Wont happen. He probably has a bar of gold chained to his nutsack!

Reply/Quote
Just think about this...the Bengals are hoping for a coach with a 1-31 HC record with the BROWNS to be fired from the BROWNS so they can hire him.
Reply/Quote
[Image: smother_his_ass_zpsprkzpcut.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:27 PM)Brandon00151 Wrote: January 1st 2018 Bengals announce new head coach Lew Marvis.  Ninja
Hilarious
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:27 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He was 8-8 in one season with the Raiders, so his coaching record is bad because he coached a pathetic Browns team for 2 years. Not his fault their FO can’t bring in good players

Meh... I disagree. Hugh has performed as HC as I thought he would so I would not be easily convinced in your take. I can see still having losing seasons but he should have had some wins.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:27 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He was 8-8 in one season with the Raiders, so his coaching record is bad because he coached a pathetic Browns team for 2 years. Not his fault their FO can’t bring in good players

With all due respect because you are one of my favorite posters on here, I prefer a proven winner.  Still -- and I think you were the one who said it -- Hue Jackson might be the best we can hope for.
Reply/Quote
[Image: mikey_coach_search.jpg]
Reply/Quote
As much of some of us dont want Hue as head coach, he would be better than any internal promotion.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I find it disturbing that the Bengals are surprised Marvin would not be here next year and seem to be scrabbling...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:33 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: With all due respect because you are one of my favorite posters on here, I prefer a proven winner.  Still -- and I think you were the one who said it -- Hue Jackson might be the best we can hope for.

As much as i hate to put this out there, because it's such a lazy hire...Hue orchestrated Dalton's greatest statistical season and he's more vocal than Marv.

With a gun to my head i'd choose Hue over any current Bengals coach.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:35 PM)Millhouse Wrote: As much of some of us dont want Hue as head coach, he would be better than any internal promotion.

There is that.  And we are Bengal fans, so taking consolation in lousy things is right in our wheelhouse.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Meh... I disagree. Hugh has performed as HC as I thought he would so I would not be easily convinced in your take. I can see still having losing seasons but he should have had some wins.

With a rookie QB who was very raw and his college coach even said he needed another year to learn and mature? The browns could have 4-5 wins by now had this kid not been making the kind of rookie mistakes the FO had to expect when they drafted him late in the 2nd round. It’s not Hue’s fault they don’t have a QB worth a damn. I’ve been surprised how many games they’ve actually been competitive in this year considering how weak (and young) that team is.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:18 PM)tBengal Wrote: Jay Glazer just reported that the Bengals are hoping the Browns fire Hue Jackson so they can hire him.

Not even kidding.

..... Shit.

Sad thing is, I guarantee even if the Browns don't fire him, and we approach hue with a HC offer... He'll quit the Browns and take the job in a heartbeat. Bang Head
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:37 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: With a rookie QB who was very raw and his college coach even said he needed another year to learn and mature? The browns could have 4-5 wins by now had this kid not been making the kind of rookie mistakes the FO had to expect when they drafted him late in the 2nd round. It’s not Hue’s fault they don’t have a QB worth a damn. I’ve been surprised how many games they’ve actually been competitive in this year considering how weak (and young) that team is.

I have heard that Hue wanted one of the 1st round QB's too.

Reply/Quote
[Image: whodeu_hash.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Am I the only one who thinks Merv should be done here, effective immediately?

Reply/Quote