Other
0.64%
1 0.64%
Total 157 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baltimore Game Ball
Dalton made mistakes. Green also dropped a pass in the 1st quarter that could have easily turned into a deflected interception.

Andy was the best player in this game in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:12 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: By far.  If there was a poll about who has played the best on the team so far this year, I have zero doubt that he'd win.  He'd receive 90% of the vote.

I agree. He seems vastly improved so far. But I would like to see this consistency continue. We've seen three game spurts like this from Dalton before (Happened twice in 2013).
Reply/Quote
Lap was saying that Marvin Lewis indicated after the game that Dalton changed the play before that long AJ Green TD, so it was all due to Dalton. I think he gets the game ball for that and for not imploding when he made some mistakes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:23 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I agree. He seems vastly improved so far. But I would like to see this consistency continue. We've seen three game spurts like this from Dalton before (Happened twice in 2013).

Agreed.  We'll have better evidence that Dalton has really turned a corner if he can turn this into a lasting trend instead of collapsing back to the mean -- especially with the strong defenses looming ahead on the schedule.
Reply/Quote
AJ was a boss.

Red Ripper was a close second
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:24 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Lap was saying that Marvin Lewis indicated after the game that Dalton changed the play before that long AJ Green TD, so it was all due to Dalton.  I think he gets the game ball for that and for not imploding when he made some mistakes.

Right, in games past Andy would have imploded after sack/fumble. Instead him and A.J. both got angry and gutted it up. GREAT to See !
Reply/Quote
So close between Dalton and Green. I give it to AJ but just barely. Dalton showed a lot of fire in that 4th quarter.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:24 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Lap was saying that Marvin Lewis indicated after the game that Dalton changed the play before that long AJ Green TD, so it was all due to Dalton.  I think he gets the game ball for that and for not imploding when he made some mistakes.

That would mean he changed the play on both of Green's TDs.  Eifert said Andy changed the play on the final TD based off of what he saw from the defense.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 08:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: That would mean he changed the play on both of Green's TDs.  Eifert said Andy changed the play on the final TD based off of what he saw from the defense.

That may be my mistake.  
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 08:11 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: That may be my mistake.  

Or you might be right.  It's not impossible that he is good with the audible!
Reply/Quote
My vote goes to Dalton, it would be close and I think he still edges out Green, thinking that he has played well now three weeks in a row, he deserves a game ball
[Image: Sig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton AND AJ should split it.

After breaking down how bad Dalton can be in a thread earlier this offseason, I give him an "A" so far into 2015. The INT was a bad throw (it happens) and the fumble was for holding the ball too long (partly due to tough coverage - it happens). If AD plays like that all season the Bengals will have a chance to win every game. That was a tough one today, but the whole team is showing moxie for sure.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:17 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: He made them miss tackles and was physical with them. But really didn't play one on one against them. Mainly went against Reggie Nelson and against zone coverages against the linebackers.

When it came one on one, Smith had some catches. But also our defenders had deflections.

Their offensive coordinator read how we were playing defense and exposed it by putting him in the slot. Which is why I worry about going against premiere tight ends and great slot receivers.

That's obliterate! 
Not really but when someone doesn't see the difference between man/zone and whose responsibility Smith was, it might as well be!

Seriously, the bulk of Smith's yards came off of LBs and Reggie. 
We were in zone most of the game. 
Smith did those crossing routes and just abused Reggie, VRey and Lamur across the middle. 
Reply/Quote
I chose Andy for the TD dive, and the dive for a 1st down. He wanted to win and it showed.
Reply/Quote
I see folks pointing out mistakes by both as tie-breakers. One Andy mistake that hasn't been mentioned is the delay of game coming out of a T.O. How does that happen? Boling was screaming at him and pointing at the clock.

WTS Andy was money when we needed him. He has been known to let mistakes completely throw off his game. He didn't today, hopefully he has turned the corner.

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Dalton and Green both had a lot of great plays along with a few infuriating mistakes. Adam Jones played a great game. But I voted "other" because I think the biggest key in this Bengals win was their D-line shutting down the Ravens' running offense for the whole game, and getting enough pressure on Flacco to win the game. The best game maybe was played by Domata Peko, who was consistently getting a great push. Remember the Ravens' guards Yanda and Osemele are among the league's best pairs, and so it isn't easy to generate pressure along the interior line.
Reply/Quote
49 people voted for Dalton already? 49 who I guarantee will tell you he sucks, because, hey, we all know Andy Dalton sucks. He isn't an elite QB. Hell, he might be the worst QB in the NFL.

I want to put a Ninja here but you know this ^ is true. Everybody hates Andy.

But, for the fifth year in a row I go against the grain. I love him.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote

That's what we've all been hoping he would develop into this year. It's good to see. Increases the hope factor.

Reply/Quote
AJ hands down!

That was an amazing game by 18 and just what we needed to see out of him. That drive that was almost all passed to AJ was a thing of beauty.
Reply/Quote
I voted for Andy. That throw to AJ on his 80 yd TD was a frozen rope. Andy made some HUGE throws today and showed some fire (he looked pizzed in the 4th qtr).

AJ is a very close second for abusing Balt the way he did.
[Image: n881eg.png]
Reply/Quote