Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 2019 OL
(04-29-2019, 01:12 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think the plan is to use split line blocking but not sure.  I think that is what LAR used.  Westerman is more RG. I am hoping and rooting for the guy who many considered round 2 talent.  Hope Turner improves his play.  

with the money invested in the OL it be interesting if he does crack the lineup.
Reply/Quote
I think the biggest key may be that the head coach, of and position coaches appear to be in harmony developing the offensive scheme instead of, as Whit termed it, “OC arrogance” where the individual position group schemes have to be forced to retrofit the OC vision
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 01:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: with the money invested in the OL it be interesting if he does crack the lineup.

You mean "make the roster"?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 01:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have never seen a guy get so much love who has never played more than half of a game.

I’m definitely not loving on him. If he is terrible so be it. Redmond was really bad last year and Westerman still couldn’t get any time. Oddly frustrating that’s all.

In addition, I received a call from the Bengals FO when they had all those sixth round picks. They were looking at me for pulling guard.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 01:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have never seen a guy get so much love who has never played more than half of a game.

When he played  he produced. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
one big take away from this draft is that its clear they want to primarly be a zone based offensive line scheme. Really wish they would have drafted James Daniels last year at center he would have been a much better fit than price.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Come on now Fred, we know that’s not true. I’ve seen plenty of WR’s who got more love without/before ever playing. In fact we have a new late rounder or FA WR every year who gets more love than westerman for a year or two
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 02:23 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: When he played  he produced. 

Not really.  Wasn't it the Chargers game where he got blown for a sack when we were going to 2 after a td?

Plus, it is much easier to "produce" if a guy is only playing half he snaps.  He has fresher legs and they probably use him on select plays that hide his limitations.
Reply/Quote
I think Westerman hasn’t played because he isn’t that good versus him being some hidden talent. The fact that the Bengals drafted Michael Jordan and signed John Miller doesn’t look good for Westerman. Plus with Boling on the roster and with Hopkins and Jordan having the versatility to play both guard and center he has an uphill battle to make the roster. So far two different offensive line coaches , Alexander and Pollack didn’t think he was good enough to play.
Reply/Quote
Westerman was in ML's doghouse for some reason. he was CLEARLY better than Redmond who is garbage. No one is saying he should be a starter now or even on the team, he just needs a fair shot.

It was clear ML did not always play the best player or give a younger player experience when he should have. Hopefully, those days are gone along with the claps, giggles and dumbass coach speak.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 02:24 PM)Okeana Wrote: one big take away from this draft is that its clear they want to primarly be a zone based offensive line scheme.  Really wish they would have drafted James Daniels last year at center he would have been a much better fit than price.

I've been thinking that since Taylor was hired...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 01:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I wish we had Pollack still instead of Turner. Not that I think Turner is bad, but I think Pollack was better.

Granted, it was only one year and he didn't exactly have all the raw materials but who did he coach up?  To be honest, I was hoping he'd do more.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Apparently you missed all the Megatron  Auden Tate love
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I could almost see Redmond and Westerman not making the team.
Reply/Quote
I jost hope Redmond is gone, many hoped he would hlp the team, turned into a penalty liability if i remember right.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 02:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not really.  Wasn't it the Chargers game where he got blown for a sack when we were going to 2 after a td?

Plus, it is much easier to "produce" if a guy is only playing half he snaps.  He has fresher legs and they probably use him on select plays that hide his limitations.

Question for all my Bengal fans,Who on here believes we have a snowball chance in hell to whip the Hawks opening day.Talk about a super hard game to start off with,I mean,they are a lot like the stoolers at home,they always win at home and they are a super good team.I truly believe we are going to get smoked day one. Sick
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 04:59 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Question for all my Bengal fans,Who on here believes we have a snowball chance in hell to whip the Hawks opening day.Talk about a super hard game to start off with,I mean,they are a lot like the stoolers at home,they always win at home and they are a super good team.I truly believe we are going to get smoked day one. Sick

I think we are 2-0 vs the seachickens with Dalton @ QB
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 01:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You mean "make the roster"?

lol well yeah he has to do that first.  but...      New OL Coach  new Blocking Scheme... Who knows.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 02:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not really.  Wasn't it the Chargers game where he got blown for a sack when we were going to 2 after a td?

PFF had him as our highest rated offensive lineman in both pre season and regular season. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 05:12 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: PFF had him as our highest rated offensive lineman in both pre season and regular season. 

Had me until you said preseason.

How many snaps against all pro or starting DL?
My guess zero.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote