Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals @ Browns predictions
28-24 Bengals if Burrow starts. We shall see if that happens
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2023, 12:08 PM)BengalsFanInNOKY Wrote: 28-24 Bengals if Burrow starts. We shall see if that happens

I hope I'm wrong but I think the Bengals will lose the first couple of games and its going to hurt alot worse this year because they are division games. I know Burrow was hurt again this year in training camp and the starters couldn't get any play time in, in the games but personally I don't think they would have anyways because couch Taylor won't take the chance of getting anybody hurt. Can't couch scared and he does. So they will be going thru preseason again thru the first few weeks of the season and start out behind the eight ball again. 
Reply/Quote
27-24 Bengals win.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2023, 01:08 PM)Hello to everyone Wrote: I hope I'm wrong but I think the Bengals will lose the first couple of games and its going to hurt alot worse this year because they are division games. I know Burrow was hurt again this year in training camp and the starters couldn't get any play time in, in the games but personally I don't think they would have anyways because couch Taylor won't take the chance of getting anybody hurt. Can't couch scared and he does. So they will be going thru preseason again thru the first few weeks of the season and start out behind the eight ball again. 

Unfortunately I feel the same for week one anyway.

Stains get this one 24-13 Sad
Reply/Quote
I just want to win so browns fans will shut up about how good they are. I mean from how much chirping they've been doing you would think they've won the afcn 2 years in a row.
Reply/Quote
Good guys 28
Bad guys 24
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised the line is only the Bengals minus 2 1/2. I really think the offense will be fine. It's whether we can stop their run game. 27-20 bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Should be a tough game if the Stains want to run it, but Reader will slow Chubb down if he stays healthy...

We start out slow though like always, so....

Bengals - 24
Stains - 21

In a comeback late.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2023, 12:08 PM)BengalsFanInNOKY Wrote: 28-24 Bengals if Burrow starts. We shall see if that happens

That's what I say.  Bengals might win if Burrow is healthy and starts.  If Burrow doesn't play or is out there limping around looking like he has no business playing, then Browns win their home opener.  I haven't seen a reason to like Bengals back-up QB's in about 15 years. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2023, 01:53 PM)kevin Wrote: That's what I say.  Bengals might win if Burrow is healthy and starts.  If Burrow doesn't play or is out there limping around looking like he has no business playing, then Browns win their home opener.  I haven't seen a reason to like Bengals back-up QB's in about 15 years. 

Burrow has been practicing and making beautiful throws and is like 5 weeks from his grade 1 calf strain which is a 4 week recovery...

I don't get why people think Burrow won't play or start....
Reply/Quote
I think we match up well both offensively and defensively. Burrow and company get out to a fast start and never look back. Lou continues his second half adjustments magic.

Bengals win 31 - 17.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Either we win, or we lose and it's a long season and we'll turn it on and win the division in the end.
Reply/Quote
Bengals squeak one out in the end.

I like our team.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2023, 03:00 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: I think we match up well both offensively and defensively. Burrow and company get out to a fast start and never look back. Lou continues his second half adjustments magic.

Bengals win 31 - 17.

Who Dey

....I agree SouthernFan........Burrows talks to the team about last year's start and how important homefield advantage is in the playoffs......and the team will not let this game get away from them.....by 10 points or more... 
Reply/Quote
Burrow's early season record is abysmal, and we are not sure if he's fully healthy.

Browns 27
Bengals 16
Reply/Quote

BIG Test for the Bengal O-line against Defensive Ends Myles Garrett & Za'Darius Smith.

Hopefully Mixon can match Chubb's production as much as possible.

Bengals seemingly improved and faster secondary needs to limit Amari Cooper & David Njoku while hopefully getting a turnover by frustrating Deshaun Watson.

Home field crowd advantage will help the Browns but consistency plus some Big plays out of Bengal wide receivers should be the difference.
Reply/Quote
Burrow throws for 2 TD's (Smith, Irwin), Watson in turn throws for 2 TD's but also throws a pick 6 to Awuzie, proving Chidobe is back to full speed,

Add on 3 FG's from Evan for the Bengals, and Hoskins making 1 yet missing another for the Stains making the score

Bengals 30
Browns 17

and it's really not as close as the score indicates, Think Watson will be under pressure all day and get sacked multiple times. Believe Mixon has a good day in total yds but kept out of end zone, same with Boyd. See the Browns focusing on shutting Tee and Chase down but not really being able to stop them completely, yet do keep them out of the end zone as well. Think the O-line will have some shining moments to get us excited about but show rust and get a few untimely penalties.

Predicting CTB, Wilson, and Hubbard will be tackling machines and punish the Browns all day long.

All in all it's going to be a Who-Dey type of day.

Who Dey

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Yada yada yada. Burrow’s appendectomy and calf injury not remotely the same. Joe has been throwing a ton inside the indoor as opposed to hardly any last year. The OL last year had 4 new starters including 1 FCS rookie. This year 4 starters return not close to the same. We lost to Pitt on 5 turnovers and a botched kicking game. We got beat by Dallas at the gun on a FG after scoring 17 unanswered points. It took us 6 quarters I admit to get in some sync. The Browns secondary is not great and our improved running game will hurt the Browns pass rush.

Cincy 28-17
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Bengals 26 Browns 10
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Bengals 30-20

They overcame the Browns bugaboo last season, and they will continue to handle an inferior team. Cleveland's roster just isn't as good as it is portrayed to be. If Watson plays well the Browns will have a chance, but I think the Bengals score enough.
Reply/Quote