Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Meeting With Duke QB Daniel Jones
Per CincyJungle. Apparently he is being considered at 12.

There’s a lot to unpack with that.

Is Taylor not sold on Dalton? Looking to draft his replacement is a big decision.

Might we look via FA?

Is Jones value at 12? I say no. He’s nothing special.

There are too many other glaring holes on this team that need to be addressed than taking a reach at a non-critical position at 12.

There are Daniel Jones-type QBs in every draft. There’s several in this draft. If you want a QB, wait til the 3rd or the 4th unless Lock/Murray/Haskins slips to you.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
CincyJungle can only speculate. I'm sure that the team is meeting with tons of players, doesn't mean that they will or won't draft any of them. Meeting with any and all players they find interesting is just simply doing their do-diligence.

I will say this about Jones. David Cutcliffe has done a tremendous job of attracting athletes that can muster the rigorous educational requirements to even attend Duke University. If they are indeed looking at Jones, I can just about guarantee you that he'll be the smartest guy in the room.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Depends on what GB gives us to trade back to 12.....

OK, if Zac takes any QB in the first round..I'm all in.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Sorry. Wrote 12, obviously we pick at 11. And the CincyJungle source was a Jones interview on sirius XM. He’s visiting a few teams - 6, if I recall,

Reply/Quote
I'm good with keeping Dalton OR drafting a QB, but I wouldn't read too deeply into a visit. Yet.

Fwiw, the Jets are offering up #3. If we're interested, maybe we could include #11, Dalton and a few other picks.

If we go QB, we'd better get that line fixed somehow.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
No reason not to meet with every player that is considered worthy of a top 10 to top 15 pick.

If the coaches believe Jones is better than Dalton, or if he has the potential to be elite, I think you take him at 11, if available.

Just the Bengals doing their due diligence. I like it.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 01:14 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm good with keeping Dalton OR drafting a QB, but I wouldn't read too deeply into a visit. Yet.

Fwiw, the Jets are offering up #3. If we're interested, maybe we could include #11, Dalton and a few other picks.

Would NYJ want Dalton? Why?

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 01:26 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Would NYJ want Dalton? Why?

He's better than any QB on their roster? I get that Darnold is young, but he wasn't impressive.

If I'm being honest though, the fact that they're trading out of #3 makes it look like they'll roll with Darnold for the moment.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Not a big surprise. I don't think we'd takes Jones at 11, but the guy is being billed as a late 1st/early 2nd. Maybe the Bengals think he'd be there in our second, or maybe they're hoping to trade back.
Reply/Quote
could be smoke and mirrors. Cincy shows intrest in Jones and another team wanting Jones thinking he doesnt get past the Bengals at 11.
they offer the Bengals their 1st RD selection plus their 2nd and 3rd to move to 11........
Reply/Quote
I am open at this point. Drew Lock also would be decent. I don't know if Lock would be good at 11, but Jones pick would seem to mean the Bengals either trade Dalton or at the very least not renew his contract.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
He’s drawing comparisons to the eagles QB Carson Wentz.
Reply/Quote
I like Jones' intangibles a lot. But I don't think he's 1st round material. For those that don't like Dalton's skill set, you're basically looking at Andy 2.0....maybe a little weaker arm.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Just Standard DD folks. Although this is better than always hearing Merv say we will draft BPA but no QB.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 02:20 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: He’s drawing comparisons to the eagles QB Carson Wentz.

So he'll be hurt every year and his teammates will prefer his backup?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 01:14 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm good with keeping Dalton OR drafting a QB, but I wouldn't read too deeply into a visit. Yet.

Agree,

There's a ton of smoke and mirrors, posturing, and just outright lies to throw off the competition. And if ZT decides it's time for a new QB so be it.

I'd love to see what Dalton and Co. could do though. But it's not gonna break my heart to move on.

(03-02-2019, 08:34 AM)Wyche Wrote: I like Jones' intangibles a lot. But I don't think he's 1st round material. For those that don't like Dalton's skill set, you're basically looking at Andy 2.0....maybe a little weaker arm.

My sentiments exactly.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 01:33 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He's better than any QB on their roster? I get that Darnold is young, but he wasn't impressive.

If I'm being honest though, the fact that they're trading out of #3 makes it look like they'll roll with Darnold for the moment.

Huh?  Give up on Darnold for Dalton.  Lol Bengals fans never cease to amaze me.

PS back on original topic.  Bengals will meet with alot of guys, just having a meeting with Daniel Jones and 50 other guys says nothing about our interest in using pick #11 on him.
Reply/Quote
We have a QB over 30 who hasn't won a playoff game in his 8 years here and is staring down the barrel of a 4th losing season in a row. Dalton isn't the biggest issue, but we know if any QB in this draft we pass on becomes good we are going to look like dopes.

A new HC is going to blow up the Dalton/Green era eventually, isn't he?
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 01:25 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Huh?  Give up on Darnold for Dalton.  Lol Bengals fans never cease to amaze me.

You do realize Darnold had a pretty bad rookie season, right? 

They'll give him another year to get right, but acting like Darnold is some hot shot is the only LOL worthy assertion here. 

Dude completed 57.7% of his passes with a 77.6 rating and went 4-9 as starter, and you're LOL'ing. Mmkay.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 02:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You do realize Darnold had a pretty bad rookie season, right? 

They'll give him another year to get right, but acting like Darnold is some hot shot is the only LOL worthy assertion here. 

Dude completed 57.7% of his passes with a 77.6 rating and went 4-9 as starter, and you're LOL'ing. Mmkay.

Trading up to get a QB with the 3rd pick and then giving up on him while he still has 3 years of his rookie deal left would be some bad management, even for the Jets.
Reply/Quote