Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals getting a young HC, with Superbowl experience!
Kinda nervous that neither Zac Taylor or Brian Callahan have installed an offense, game planned, or called plays for Sunday.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 07:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Was it just a tweet, or an article?

On a side note, this is really getting hilarious.  Cincinnati Enquirer has a story sharing insight into "Bengals new OC, Brian Callahan", yet if you look on bengals.com, it's like no mention of anything at all.

It came from Bruce Allen, who stated 'Bill Callahan is under contract and should be back'.

Seems like the key word in that statement is 'should'.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 07:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It came from Bruce Allen, who stated 'Bill Callahan is under contract and should be back'.

Seems like the key word in that statement is 'should'.

Yeah, I gave it a read.  Kinda seemed like he was throwing a bit of shade at Callahan, by alluding to the idea that his tough practices might be responsible for injuries and noting that the running game hasn't been dominating.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This thread title reminds me of the hiring of Marvin Lewis.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 10:26 AM)jason Wrote: This thread title reminds me of the hiring of Marvin Lewis.

Well, he wasn't terrible but atleast this guy is offensive minded and this should really help with our aggressiveness.

We never put our foot on the other team's throats under Marv.

This should change under Taylor and Callahan.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 03:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, he wasn't terrible but atleast this guy is offensive minded and this should really help with our aggressiveness.

We never put our foot on the other team's throats under Marv.

This should change under Taylor and Callahan.

Maybe this is a little selfish of me, but I'd really like to see the Bengals hang 40+ on the Steelers, and be trying for more as the game winds down.  Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 07:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Kinda nervous that neither Zac Taylor or Brian Callahan have installed an offense, game planned, or called plays for Sunday.

Though they may not have been the guy in charge, I'm sure they've been involved in all of that.  And if he was the OC of the Dolphins, wouldn't he have game planned, etc?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 03:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe this is a little selfish of me, but I'd really like to see the Bengals hang 40+ on the Steelers, and be trying for more as the game winds down.  Cool

Every time out.  And if you get to 40, shoot for 50.  Call timeouts at the end if need be.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 10:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Didn't the Bengals get a young coach with a SB ring last time? Ninja

Oh c'mon. That one didn't count because... uhmmm...errr... Well it just didn't. What counts is that some people think that having been in the super bowl is a sure fire guarantee that he actually learned something of significance in ONE game.. If it were true that super bowl experience mattered as much as we're lead to believe the Packers would have won every single super bowl since they were the first team with super bowl winning experience. 
Dammit! I hate shooting holes in such grand theories..  Whatever
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 03:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe this is a little selfish of me, but I'd really like to see the Bengals hang 40+ on the Steelers, and be trying for more as the game winds down.  Cool

I feel like the Browns have one comin' too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 07:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Was it just a tweet, or an article?

On a side note, this is really getting hilarious.  Cincinnati Enquirer has a story sharing insight into "Bengals new OC, Brian Callahan", yet if you look on bengals.com, it's like no mention of anything at all.

Until 1 day after the Super Bowl, when Hobs announces the hiring of Mervin Lawis as new Head Coach. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2019, 12:42 PM)jason Wrote: I feel like the Browns have one comin' too.

You got that right! Suddenly all the hatred that used to have for the Browns just came back. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 03:38 PM)McC Wrote: Every time out.  And if you get to 40, shoot for 50.  Call timeouts at the end if need be.

That's some Sam Wyche-Jerry Glanville hate right there.  The Bengals were up 60-something to 14 after scoring a late TD on the Oilers, Sam calls for the onside kick, the Bengals recover and call a timeout with a few seconds left to kick the FG and run it up even more.

I would love to know what the issue was between those two.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully it's not just a Super Bowl experience, but a Super Bowl victory.
I'm completely rooting for the Rams in this one.
Obviously, Whitworth deserves a win.
Todd Gurley ran me to two fantasy football championships this year, so I'm also pulling for him.
Sean McVay graduated from the same alma mater and year as I did, so I'm also pulling for him.
It looks like Zac Taylor will be the next Bengals HC, so I'm obviously pulling for him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
No way the NFL lets the Rams win this Super Bowl now that it's out that 4 of the officials, including the ones that should have made the PI/Helmet to Helmet call in the NO game, are from Kalifornia. They need this controversy to go away, not flame the fire....
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2019, 01:33 PM)Whatever Wrote: That's some Sam Wyche-Jerry Glanville hate right there.  The Bengals were up 60-something to 14 after scoring a late TD on the Oilers, Sam calls for the onside kick, the Bengals recover and call a timeout with a few seconds left to kick the FG and run it up even more.

I think Glanville started it, talking shit about Sam's offense.  Sam said something to the effect of Glanville was the worst person he ever met.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2019, 01:33 PM)Whatever Wrote: That's some Sam Wyche-Jerry Glanville hate right there.  The Bengals were up 60-something to 14 after scoring a late TD on the Oilers, Sam calls for the onside kick, the Bengals recover and call a timeout with a few seconds left to kick the FG and run it up even more.

Every coach hated Glanville. One of the first people to congratulate Sam was Chuck Noll. 
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 12:43 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Every coach hated Glanville. One of the first people to congratulate Sam was Chuck Noll. 

Yeah, cause Noll didn't like having that trash football dished back to him.  I actually liked the "House of Pain" days in Houston.  Made the old Central fun.  

Sam didn't like Jerry because of the way he implemented a win at all costs attitude with the Oilers.  He thought he was dirty, and he was.  Chuck Noll's sorry ass was just crying like usual.  I mean he cried about the Raiders, he cried about the Oilers, and they're still crying about Burfict.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 04:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, cause Noll didn't like having that trash football dished back to him.  I actually liked the "House of Pain" days in Houston.  Made the old Central fun.  

Sam didn't like Jerry because of the way he implemented a win at all costs attitude with the Oilers.  He thought he was dirty, and he was.  Chuck Noll's sorry butt was just crying like usual.  I mean he cried about the Raiders, he cried about the Oilers, and they're still crying about Burfict.

I was actually having a discussion about that with someone the other day.  Sure, the Raiders played dirty in the 70s, but if you hit them, they just hit back harder.  The Steelers have always whined when someone hit back, it's part of their culture going back decades.  Like you said, they whined about the Raiders and the Oilers.  If the Browns ever get someone who hits them hard, they will whine about him.  I think that's what makes me hate them the most.

Then again, maybe my memory is a bit fuzzy because I'm not quite as old as some of the rest of you.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 05:28 PM)Earendil Wrote: I was actually having a discussion about that with someone the other day.  Sure, the Raiders played dirty in the 70s, but if you hit them, they just hit back harder.  The Steelers have always whined when someone hit back, it's part of their culture going back decades.  Like you said, they whined about the Raiders and the Oilers.  If the Browns ever get someone who hits them hard, they will whine about him.  I think that's what makes me hate them the most.

Then again, maybe my memory is a bit fuzzy because I'm not quite as old as some of the rest of you.

LOL....hey man, I was only around for 2 of the SBs Pitt had, and was 2 and 3 years old.  I'm not THAT old. LMAO   However, my brother is a life long Raiders fan, and is 10 years older than me.  He remembers them well.  I've read up on the old rivalries, and LOVED watching those old NFL films with John Facenda narrating.  I read the archived article on how the Raiders/Steelers went to court over Noll calling them "the criminal element of professional football".  What a Mary. Really Chuck?  Like you, that's the main reason I loathe them so much.....much moreso than the rivalry between us and them.  I mean, the Raiders and 80s/90s Oilers embraced the bad boy role, the Stoolers on the other hand, try to act like they're choir boys and cry foul when someone returns the favor.  Hard nosed football my ass.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote