Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals looking to sign veteran backup QB.
(05-05-2020, 01:16 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: Should of got Shea Patterson when we had the chance

Woof
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2020, 12:39 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Zero chance of a QB controversy.

See above post.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I'd take a turd sandwich over Ryan Finley. We need to bring someone in. Anyone. If Burrow somehow gets injured, at least Flacco would be fun/interesting to watch, and could keep us afloat for 2-3 games.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2020, 01:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Tell Lamar that. Flacco was throwing hissy fits from the time he was benched...

Far be it for me to say a single good thing about Flacco but that was two years ago and a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then.  Could be Flacco has accepted his new reality is and is indeed ready to begin the next phase of his career as strictly a backup.  If not, hard pass on him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2020, 02:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Signing a vet backup QB is not going to prohibit them from adding players at other positions. Matt Moore only made a little over 1m last season in KC for example.

And speaking of Moore, I’m starting to wonder if Taylor just isn’t big on him? You’d think he’d be a prime candidate considering their time together in Miami.

True enough.

I'd also add I'd prefer only 2 QBs on the 53, with Dolegala on the practice squad. 3 QBs on the 53 takes a spot from a guy who can actually contribute and get on the field.

Of course, if we cut Finley loose, it is a wash. But I think we give him another year. Can't judge him by last year. That was brutal. Though I totally remember him missing a wide open TD in one game. Not missing the throw, not seeing the receiver. Awful.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2020, 11:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am shocked at the number of people who think a #2 QB is useless. We can sign a decent vet for peanuts that would be more able to win games than Finley. And just one win could be the difference between making the postseason or not.

I guess it depends on the #2.  I think Flacco and Glennon are turds both playing and personality-wise.  I am not very sure ANY of them could be more capable than the guys we have with our offense.  At least Dolegala is a big, strong guy with a cannon.  I would rather roll with a guy like him and let him learn the game behind Burrow.  I want no distractions for Burrow taking over this team.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
better to spend this money on extending Mixon/Green or bringing in another vet for o line.

If Burrow gets hurt it wont be bad for Bengals to be in top 5 picks again.

We aren't winning Super Bowl this year and still have a lot of holes.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2020, 01:35 PM)SHRacerX Wrote:  I want no distractions for Burrow taking over this team.  

If Burrow has problems with having a veteran QB back up then he is not going to be a leader in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2020, 02:04 PM)bengals67 Wrote: better to spend this money on extending Mixon/Green or bringing in another vet for o line.

If Burrow gets hurt it wont be bad for Bengals to be in top 5 picks again.

What if we are 6-4 when he gets hurt and he will only miss 3 or 4 games?
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2020, 01:16 PM)McC Wrote: Excuse me, sir, but this looks for all the world like a straight answer.  What gives?

I give straight answers and then if people ignore my wisdom I dial up the sardonics.

See below
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2020, 02:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote:  If Burrow has problems with having a veteran QB back up then he is not going to be a leader in the NFL.

Maybe we should just have Burrow as the lone QB on the roster that way he never has to fear losing his job and if he gets hurt we can immediately go on another coveted losing streak. 
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2020, 11:37 AM)McC Wrote: Why do you keep bringing up Clowney?  There ain't no damn way the Bengals are paying him 17 mil, nor should they.

I'm right there with you on Peters, but no way on Clowney.

I like him and we now have the money, he is young and will be a very good addition to a young team

Why do you worry about my opinions?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2020, 12:55 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Please, stop.

Sincerely,
Everybody

I want to win in 2020 and 2021

Who helps us win games in 2020, Clowney or another (we have 2) back up QB)?

If you want to keep losing, your choice but don't attack others who want to go all in for once with a young DE for a team with an aging DE and DT
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2020, 02:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Signing a vet backup QB is not going to prohibit them from adding players at other positions. Matt Moore only made a little over 1m last season in KC for example.

And speaking of Moore, I’m starting to wonder if Taylor just isn’t big on him? You’d think he’d be a prime candidate considering their time together in Miami.

If Moore was good enough for Andy Reid and the SB winning Chiefs ZT should reconsider his position if thats the case. 

Maybe ZT considers the Miami days to be ancient history or not representative of his current system so it's Rams backups or nothing. 
Reply/Quote
Mike Glennon is 30.  Joe Flacco is 35.  Josh McCown is almost 41. 
Reply/Quote
No to Flacco, the qb who helped the Bengals to a top 10 defense for all those years.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2020, 03:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If Moore was good enough for Andy Reid and the SB winning Chiefs ZT should reconsider his position if thats the case. 

Maybe ZT considers the Miami days to be ancient history or not representative of his current system so it's Rams backups or nothing. 

Maybe it is the other way around.

Moore will never play for Zac because of their time together in Miami.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2020, 05:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: No to Flacco, the qb who helped the Bengals to a top 10 defense for all those years.

To be fair, the last time Flacco had a group of receivers like the Bengals have, he won a SB.
But that was quite a few years ago.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2020, 05:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe it is the other way around.

Moore will never play for Zac because of their time together in Miami.
That must be it.  He would rather sit home and make no money than make a million or two or three. SMH.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2020, 05:03 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Glennon is 30.  Joe Flacco is 35.  Josh McCown is almost 41. 

Hard to believe that the anorexic looking giraffe has been around that long.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote