Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron
I think I'd like to see

Eric Bieniemy

Todd Monken

Zac Taylor

Please no one that's already been associated with this team. We spent my whole life with that crew and it got us 0 playoff wins. Even if we get worse than average, as a fan I would appreciate taking a new shot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Kitchens is now the Cleveland HC.
Reply/Quote
Fangio is now the HC in Denver,
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: Kitchens is now the Cleveland HC.

Browns also released Gregg Williams. Don't know why they wouldn't want him back, even just as the DC for as good as they were under him.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: Fangio is now the HC in Denver,

I was torn on this one with Munchak.  On the one hand, I didn't want anyone associated with the Steelers involved with the Broncos. On the other hand, taking Munchak away would weaken the Steelers...
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 08:13 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Well that means Lapham is too, considering he said that the Bengals brass are very high on Simmons and Lazor.

I personally have a bad feeling the outcome will be one that the majority of fans will not like. Meaning it will be an inside hire or Vance Joseph, which to me might as well be an inside hire.

Brace yourselves.

Just cause they are high on Simmons and Lazor doesn't mean necessarily for HC...

(01-08-2019, 11:41 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If the Bengal "Brass" is not concerned about fan opinion, then why did the Bengals fly out to Los Angeles to interview Waldron and Taylor after already interview Hue, Joseph, Simmons, and Lazor? Why did they interview Bieniemy and Monken? They would have announced the new head coach by now.

Tells me there is still a possibility that the new head coach will be external to the organization. If they do hire someone internal the blow back will be intense. Fans have had with Mike Brown period. If it is Joseph, it would be the least evil of those familiar with Marvin Lewis regime.

(01-09-2019, 01:51 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: This is the same thing that's bothering me. Local media has noted that the nearly empty stadium week after week was one of the reasons for Mike Brown to move on. If we promote from within, or go with Vance, the empty stadium will continue.

Exactly, would make no sense to make an inside hire. The stadium would continue to be empty, fans won't be buying merchandise, it would do nothing to enthuse the players, it does nothing but hurt the entire franchise at a time when they are on the brink of being the most looked down upon in the NFL. Even over the Stains now after last year.
Reply/Quote
Gase now heading to NYJ. That just leaves us and the Dolphins with all the choices we want.
Reply/Quote
I saw some speculation that we SHOULD interview McCarthy.
Reply/Quote
I'd say there's no way we do an internal hire now. We would have NEVER let all the other teams hire HC's and fill out their coaching staffs.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I saw some speculation that we SHOULD interview McCarthy.

Would be very happy with McCarthy as the OC too.

I mean the only way they could screw this up is hiring Joseph as the HC in my eyes cause i don't see any way we go inside with all these options. Beinemy as HC, Taylor OC and Joseph as DC just seems the most likely right now in my opinion unless McCarthy has talked to our guys and we just don't know about it.
Reply/Quote
Hell...we should just take out time at this point. The playing field is wide open now. Think about how many quality coordinators, wanting to be HC, are on teams remaining in the playoffs

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:25 PM)pally Wrote: Hell...we should just take out time at this point.  The playing field is wide open now.  Think about how many quality coordinators, wanting to be HC, are on teams remaining in the playoffs

Well...the new HC needs to hire his staff.

Plus, these guys have to scout and get ready for the draft in April.

Plus, they have to figure out what type of offense and defense they want.

They have to scout for free agency.

It's a lot of work and waiting another month...makes that work harder.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well...the new HC needs to hire his staff.

Plus, these guys have to scout and get ready for the draft in April.

Plus, they have to figure out what type of offense and defense they want.

They have to scout for free agency.

It's a lot of work and waiting another month...makes that work harder.

Nah this mad rush thing is a new phenomenon. We would be fine to even wait until the off week before the Super Bowl, it really isn’t that big if a deal.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:25 PM)pally Wrote: Hell...we should just take out time at this point. The playing field is wide open now. Think about how many quality coordinators, wanting to be HC, are on teams remaining in the playoffs

(01-09-2019, 10:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: Nah this mad rush thing is a new phenomenon. We would be fine to even wait until the off week before the Super Bowl, it really isn’t that big if a deal.

I think you guys may be correct.

Never know what happens and we want the best we can get and we are sitting in the perfect position.

I am drinking a brewski and sitting back all cozy at this point.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: Nah this mad rush thing is a new phenomenon. We would be fine to even wait until the off week before the Super Bowl, it really isn’t that big if a deal.

I'd like to see the staff in place by next Tuesday which I believe is the first day of East West Shrine practices.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

For normal teams it's not a big deal. Here the coaches are the main scouts.

Scouting takes A LOT of time.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: For normal teams it's not a big deal. Here the coaches are the main scouts.

Scouting takes A LOT of time.

Tobin has his profiles already. They will be proving out what’s on them over the time between now and the combine but again not a big deal. I’d rather wait for the right guy than rush for this weird idea that it has to be done.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: Tobin has his profiles already. They will be proving out what’s on them over the time between now and the combine but again not a big deal. I’d rather wait for the right guy than rush for this weird idea that it has to be done.

You ideally need to see these guys in person during the actual college season at games. That's why we need more scouts.

The Bengals rely on profiles from scouting services...
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 11:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You ideally need to see these guys in person during the actual college season at games. That's why we need more scouts.

The Bengals rely on profiles from scouting services...

Nah that’s a relic, you can get coaches film from every major college program online within a day of games sent to you. Your over thinking this seriously. They will be fine, Marvin wasn’t out watching college games during the season and we were fine.
Reply/Quote