Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail
(09-14-2022, 10:33 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: After this thread, I have to remind everyone of this post during the game against the 49ers

It's been mentioned a few times already so posting a screenshot of it is just cruel, man. LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2022, 09:39 AM)Wyche Wrote: But none with our trio of WRs....

True, but we won't have that for more than this year and next. 
Reply/Quote
Let's check another box in the Burrow fail column against the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 11:50 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Let's check another box in the Burrow fail column against the Browns.

I dunno, I can't really put last night on him. He was sacked five times and was chased all over the field all night. His line really let him down.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 11:52 AM)Wyche Wrote: I dunno, I can't really put last night on him. He was sacked five times and was chased all over the field all night. His line really let him down.

I don't know why all the throws to Mixon for -3 yards happened, but I think it was on Burrow. They also didn't push the ball downfield.

The entire team failed last night. They all played bad. There was not a single bright spot.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 11:53 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know why all the throws to Mixon for -3 yards happened, but I think it was on Burrow. They also didn't push the ball downfield.

The entire team failed last night. They all played bad. There was not a single bright spot.

The bright spot is that even though we can't beat the Browns, the odds of us having to play them in the SB are pretty low.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 11:53 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know why all the throws to Mixon for -3 yards happened, but I think it was on Burrow. They also didn't push the ball downfield.

No, there wasn't.

The only glimmer, Tee was open on both turnovers and may have even been able to score. Instead you get a tipped INT and a strip sack as he's cocking to throw it. Just a bad night all around. Like I said though, Joe was harassed nearly every play.

As to Mixon, you gotta make guys miss now and then in this league. It's just the way it is, and he didn't make a soul miss last night. 

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 11:52 AM)Wyche Wrote: I dunno, I can't really put last night on him. He was sacked five times and was chased all over the field all night. His line really let him down.

The OTs are getting manhandled by above-average edge guys.
Even when the Bengals try to scheme help outside with a RB and/or TE, it doesn't seem to help as often as we think it should.

And when I say that, I don't mean those RBs/TEs are doing a poor job all the time.
There have been times (like last night) where the help has been there, but the OT still gets beat because they didn't account for the help and/or the defender doing something crazy like a spin move (lol).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The OTs are getting manhandled by above-average edge guys.
Even when the Bengals try to scheme help outside with a RB and/or TE, it doesn't seem to help as often as we think it should.

And when I say that, I don't mean those RBs/TEs are doing a poor job all the time.
There have been times (like last night) where the help has been there, but the OT still gets beat because they didn't account for the help and/or the defender doing something crazy like a spin move (lol).

Yeah, no doubt. It's a comedy of errors on the outside.

Reply/Quote