Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals twitter hinting at something; New Uniforms coming soon
(01-21-2021, 07:14 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: You know that once we get those ugly uniforms we'll start winning again right?

All the teams that modernized (updated) their teams to ugly started winning super bowls like the patriots & broncos. Time to go full ugly.   Ninja

Last time the Bengals had a uni overhaul...Souuuuper Bowwlllllllzz!

If they just tweak it...then i'll "WTF?" because of the tweet and making it seem like something noteworthy, but if they change it up...order your tickets.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I have to say that these look pretty good. Would love something like this.

[Image: EsRlx8XW8AEy69H?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I actually like the current uniforms. The orange ones are my favorite, but we only wear them like once a year. I'd rather they made the orange ones their home and just use the color rush or something for the away.

Kind of a tease to announce this 2 or so months early without showing us what they'll be. Now everyone wants to know what they are. Just hope they don't screw them up too bad.
Reply/Quote
Another thing to consider is that we always change the team logo when we change uniforms.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 12:38 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't really see a problem with it. Assuming they do FA right and then the draft (gonna be hard to mess that up), people have been complaining for years that the organization is boring and old. They're doing some things now that resemble other teams, not waiting 10 years to do them when everyone else is doing something different. 

I get that people are skep and 'meh' because of how much they've sucked the last few years but i'm not gonna blast them for doing some new things. 

I'm not blasting them for changing the uni's so much as for not making meaningful changes elsewhere...specifically the HC and both coordinators all returning. I didn't want to get specific because I didn't want to turn this thread into a debate on that topic.

Anyways, like I said, the uni change just feels like a cheap way to generate excitement (and revenue) after little change to a coaching staff that is 6-25-1. That doesn't mean I'm not happy about new uni's, but I'm certainly not going to gush about the front office changing threads after they brought back this staff mostly intact.

TL/DR: Stoked about new uni's, angry about other stuff, jaded in general about the Brown family.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 02:43 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not blasting them for changing the uni's so much as for not making meaningful changes elsewhere...specifically the HC and both coordinators all returning.  I didn't want to get specific because I didn't want to turn this thread into a debate on that topic.

Anyways, like I said, the uni change just feels like a cheap way to generate excitement after little change to a coaching staff that is 6-25-1. That doesn't mean I'm not happy about new uni's, but I'm certainly not going to gush about the front office changing threads after they brought back this staff mostly intact.

I'm in the same boat. I'm super thrilled that we're getting new uniforms (and possible team logo), but I'm still not pleased that the "staff overhaul" we were hearing about is resulting in just three position coaches being changed.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I'm excited, as I'm betting the Brown Family stumbled upon a surplus of Dillon-era jerseys they've been storing in the unused private suites at PBS and rather than eBay them, someone had the foresight to suggest a uniform change would bring in more money and put some fire back into the fanbase. Those are my favorite era jerseys anyways! Would like to see the black on black unis as home and white on white as the away, save the "new look" color rush for prime time away / Thursday night games.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 11:46 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: would you drop pollack for willie?

No, Willie needs to start at the assistant level before being moved up to a position coach.  
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 12:38 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Assuming they do FA right and then the draft (gonna be hard to mess that up)

Duke Tobin: "Hold my beer."
Reply/Quote
Wished Twitter would hint at them getting better guard play. I don’t give a damn about what there jerseys look like.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 09:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No, Willie needs to start at the assistant level before being moved up to a position coach.  

Gotcha i believe in working up the ladder like being a coordinator before head coach
Reply/Quote
I like this. An homage to our original jerseys with stripes incorporated.

[Image: EsTUIUMXMAAljyh?format=jpg&name=medium]

Source: https://twitter.com/ninety4feet/status/1352439314798542848
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 11:15 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I like this.  An homage to our original jerseys with stripes incorporated.

If this is it, I am a fan. They remind me of the early-2000's jerseys. 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 12:44 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: I have to say that these look pretty good. Would love something like this.

[Image: EsRlx8XW8AEy69H?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]

Please no more 3D numbers. Otherwise, this would be fine. Much simpler and more clean than previous jerseys.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 09:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No, Willie needs to start at the assistant level before being moved up to a position coach.  

I'm not sure Willie would need to. He already runs his own OL academy, so he has experience already training both student athletes and professionals.
http://willieandersonlinemanacademy.net/
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 11:35 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Please no more 3D numbers. Otherwise, this would be fine. Much simpler and more clean than previous jerseys.

Most jerseys use either layered numbers or a kiss cut design. Just straight flat looks kind of boring, imo. Although it works on the color rush.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 09:56 PM)PDub80 Wrote: That would be INCREIDBLE, right?

I love the shade of white they used on all of these as well. Pure class and different than the generic whites on modern jerseys. Looks similar to some of the baseball jersey whites. THIS jersey w a throwback helmet for color rush = SIZZLE

Looks like a cleveland browns jersey
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 08:54 PM)Deacon Wrote: This just reeks of "we got our QB killed, but we still have total faith in our ability to make this s--tshow better through the power of sheer will alone. Here, be distracted by some marginally changed unis"

Teams have to apply for uniform changes a year in advance, so this has nothing to do with anything that happened this season.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 11:15 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I like this.  An homage to our original jerseys with stripes incorporated.

These are incredible. Less is more...especially with our helmet design. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 11:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Most jerseys use either layered numbers or a kiss cut design. Just straight flat looks kind of boring, imo. Although it works on the color rush.

I'm fine with a border being around the numbers.
I'm referring specifically to the 3D font vs there being a border around the number.
I can provide some examples if that helps clarify.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote