Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bengals vists and workouts
It's that time of year again where we'll see a bunch of names linked to the Bengals. I figured I'd start the thread early since we've gone through the Shrine game and the Senior Bowl.

The Bengals had 3 confirmed meetings with prospects at the Senior Bowl.

Rudy Ford, S, Auburn
Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina
Antonio Pipkin, QB, Tiffin
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2017, 05:35 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It's that time of year again where we'll see a bunch of names linked to the Bengals. I figured I'd start the thread early since we've gone through the Shrine game and the Senior Bowl.

Rudy Ford, S, Auburn

I think Pipkin is much better than some think!
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2017, 05:35 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It's that time of year again where we'll see a bunch of names linked to the Bengals. I figured I'd start the thread early since we've gone through the Shrine game and the Senior Bowl.

Rudy Ford, S, Auburn

I like Ford & Jones. In fact I mocked them both to us in an early mock. That said, Rudy is starting to rise up the board and may not be available in the 7th where I was able to get him.
Reply/Quote
Bengals met with Josh Reynolds and are meeting with Mike Williams tonight.

There is also speculation that they will meet with John Ross and Corey Davis, although those are not confirmed.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
https://www.google.com/amp/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2017/3/3/14807924/mike-williams-josh-reynolds-meeting-bengals
Reply/Quote
It figures they're looking for a receiver when the Oline is a huge question mark after they ignored receiver during some of the best WR draft classes while the Oline was set.
Reply/Quote
They also met with Tarell Basham from Ohio.

It's day 4 and there's only reports that they've met with 6 total players. 6.

3 at the combine (Reynolds, Williams, and Basham)

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 08:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It figures they're looking for a receiver when the Oline is a huge question mark after they ignored receiver during some of the best WR draft classes while the Oline was set.

They do have multiple picks in this year's draft.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals met with Joe Mixon on the eve of his pro day.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/07/four-teams-meet-with-joe-mixon
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Interesting there has been no mention of visits or workouts with any OL yet.

This makes me think more and more that the team will go with veterans at LT, RG, and RT (at least backup), plus be satisfied with current depth OL like Ogbuehi, Westerman, and TJ Johnson.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 04:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Interesting there has been no mention of visits or workouts with any OL yet.

This makes me think more and more that the team will go with veterans at LT, RG, and RT (at least backup), plus be satisfied with current depth OL like Ogbuehi, Westerman, and TJ Johnson.

When it comes to early round OL, the Bengals always seem to meet these guys during pro days and visits/workouts. I don't recall a lot of OL meetings during Shrine Game and Senior Bowl in years past.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 01:27 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: They do have multiple picks in this year's draft.

Good, they'll need those to replac the FA losses. 

#treadingwater
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 05:15 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: When it comes to early round OL, the Bengals always seem to meet these guys during pro days and visits/workouts. I don't recall a lot of OL meetings during Shrine Game and Senior Bowl in years past.

That's when they see if they can pass the ultimate test.  Can they knock over a 60 year old fat guy?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The Bengals were at the Western Michigan pro day where they were focused on OT/OG Tony Morton. 

They also were at the Wisconsin pro day and met with RBs Corey Clement and Dare Ogunbowale. 
Reply/Quote
They are going to pick up a bunch of people from the local pro day workout they hold at PBS so they can save on airfare for our 1.5 scouts.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 07:28 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The Bengals were at the Western Michigan pro day where they were focused on OT/OG Tony Morton. 

They also were at the Wisconsin pro day and met with RBs Corey Clement and Dare Ogunbowale. 

you mean taylor moton LOL
Reply/Quote

Rudy Ford, S, Auburn

Only to be never heard from those 3 again....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
They also met privately with Raekown McMillan.

This is one of the few years the Bengals have been very hush hush with who they've met with. Not much going around. They have met with guys, but hasn't been as public.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 08:57 AM)pulses Wrote: you mean taylor moton LOL

Maybe he meant Tony Horton?

[Image: Tony_Horton.jpg?b7952a]

From now on, Taylor Morton will be forever known as Tony Horton.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 08:57 AM)pulses Wrote: you mean taylor moton LOL

I have no idea why my autocorrect changed it to Tony. I'll leave it since that's my name.
Reply/Quote