Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bengals vists and workouts
(04-12-2017, 09:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Perhaps I may have missed it, but the Bengals haven't met with my top three favorite prospects for #9 (Howard, Davis, Ross)?

Not all visits get reported. Gresham's visit in 2010 went unmentioned.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 03:57 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Not all visits get reported. Gresham's visit in 2010 went unmentioned.

We also don't always meet with guys. I don't think we met with Eiffert.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 11:25 AM)Au165 Wrote: I don't see them going Ross because it has been noted by Hobson and in the past by coaches they like taller WR's.

They were at the Western Michigan and Alabama pro days so maybe they saw all they needed.

With guys like Foster they probably wanted to ask him about his issues, with Fournette they may have wanted to talk to him one more time before possibly doing something as crazy as taking a HB that high.

You've just closed your mind to Ross, plain and simple, as evidenced by the fact that you keep repeating what some coach said years ago.  They've also talked about adding a speed receiver.

Foster would be a horrible pick, a wasted pick, the one pick that would truly piss me off.

Dallas took a running back at 6 and that worked out pretty well.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 04:45 PM)McC Wrote: You've just closed your mind to Ross, plain and simple, as evidenced by the fact that you keep repeating what some coach said years ago.  They've also talked about adding a speed receiver.

Foster would be a horrible pick, a wasted pick, the one pick that would truly piss me off.

I personally do not like Ross correct, however the comments made by our coaching staff have been noted and brought up by Hobson over the years. They were actually brought up again last year when we were looking for a WR as well.

Saying Dallas took a HB at 6 is a red herring and has nothing to do with anything.
Reply/Quote

And the crowd goes wild.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 04:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: I personally do not like Ross correct, however the comments made by our coaching staff have been noted and brought up by Hobson over the years. They were actually brought up again last year when we were looking for a WR as well.

Saying Dallas took a HB at 6 is a red herring and has nothing to do with anything.

How do you figure?   You said it was crazy to take a RB in the top ten.   Dallas proved how wrong that statement is.

Do you mean last year, when they wanted Will Fuller, who is, what, an inch taller than Ross?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2017, 08:39 AM)McC Wrote: How do you figure?   You said it was crazy to take a RB in the top ten.   Dallas proved how wrong that statement is.

Do you mean last year, when they wanted Will Fuller, who is, what, an inch taller than Ross?

Crazy for us, top 10 HBs pre Zeek were horrible ideas for the last 7 or 8 years. Dallas was built to run with their line we are built to struggle. Not saying we don't need a HB, but one at 9 seems like putting the cart before the horse (or HB before the line).

The height thing is something the coaching staff has said, and it was reiterated last year pre draft by the way. I am just repeating what they have said and what Hobson has harped on, however it appears we are bringing him for a visit though so maybe they have moved past it.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 04:45 PM)McC Wrote: You've just closed your mind to Ross, plain and simple, as evidenced by the fact that you keep repeating what some coach said years ago.  They've also talked about adding a speed receiver.

Huh?

Foster, who is by most analysts a top 10 player in this class? That Foster? Burfict is up next year, Minter is up next year and we have little to no LB depth. We don't even have a good line of starter LB's.

Foster starts from day 1 (well, SHOULD. No one knows what Marvin will do.) Foster is a brusier who will help Burfict give the Steelers a taste of their own medicine. He brings "swag" and toughness to this defense. The past few years the Bengals have drafted a bunch of 'high character guys" which is cool and all, but we need some badass dudes to set the expectation. The high character guys the Bengals have been drafting recently dont back their teammates up in a fight, they go to the bench.

Ross? He'd be a great pick. In the second round. He's a walking injury. He probably gets injured surfing the web. There is no way he has a full healthy career. You guys are upset with Eifert's availability? Ross is 10x worse. You cant take a guy who has his injury history at #9, it would be stupid. 
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2017, 10:00 PM)09ItsOurTime Wrote: Huh?

Foster, who is by most analysts a top 10 player in this class? That Foster? Burfict is up next year, Minter is up next year and we have little to no LB depth. We don't even have a good line of starter LB's.

Foster starts from day 1 (well, SHOULD. No one knows what Marvin will do.) Foster is a brusier who will help Burfict give the Steelers a taste of their own medicine. He brings "swag" and toughness to this defense. The past few years the Bengals have drafted a bunch of 'high character guys" which is cool and all, but we need some badass dudes to set the expectation. The high character guys the Bengals have been drafting recently dont back their teammates up in a fight, they go to the bench.

Ross? He'd be a great pick. In the second round. He's a walking injury. He probably gets injured surfing the web. There is no way he has a full healthy career. You guys are upset with Eifert's availability? Ross is 10x worse. You cant take a guy who has his injury history at #9, it would be stupid. 
Foster is not a top ten pick.  That's crap.  He has a shoulder problem and he leads with his head.  Maybe you haven't watched an NFL game lately but that is a problem.

I love your ability to see the future.  Since you know everything AND can see the future, you should be a GM by now.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 09:45 AM)McC Wrote: Foster is not a top ten pick.  That's crap.  He has a shoulder problem and he leads with his head.  Maybe you haven't watched an NFL game lately nut that is a problem.

I love your ability to see the future.  Since you know everything AND can see the future, you should be a GM by now.

Amazing how someone can think Foster (who currently has a very serious shoulder injury that he's not yet recovered from) will stay healthy throughout his career and be an elite player, but refuses to believe the same for John Ross just because of previous injuries in which he's already shown recovery from.

John Ross, Reuben Foster, Mike Williams, and Corey Davis all have some injury history.

Just take the safe pick and go with OJ Howard. No injuries to worry about. Considered a consensus top 10 talent. Plays at a position in which the Bengals lack great talent if Eifert is out (which is often). Offers insurance if Eifert leaves in FA (which is ultimately his choice, not the Bengals' choice).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Look these media guys throw up a lot of bs and people believe it. Davis may not even go in the first round and Mike Williams isn't a top 10 pick. Reuben Foster may fall because of injury, but he's not someone i would be pissed drafting. I just think Reddick is better and could play multiple positions for nickle. I also think if either Safety drops we will draft them. I believe the bengals have them in their top 5 big board.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/high-school-allegation-against-joe-mixon-was-recanted/

does this change his draft stock?
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 12:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: Be curious what the video of him beating his dog does to his draft stock. He is kind of a fringe guy anyways, wonder if he is simply an UDFA at this point.

Which one? Cannon or Zamora? I haven't heard of this before?
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 02:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Which one? Cannon or Zamora? I haven't heard of this before?

Zamora.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 01:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/high-school-allegation-against-joe-mixon-was-recanted/

No, it was recanted.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 01:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/high-school-allegation-against-joe-mixon-was-recanted/

Certainly doesn't help it, but if some team was going to draft him with the red flags he already had I doubt this will change their minds. Much less to go on with this one and the statement has been recanted too. 

Personally I wouldn't touch him even undrafted but I doubt this changes much about how he's viewed 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 02:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: Zamora.

Thanks, my guy was Cannon anyways. Nice size, speed and can be a Returner in a pinch if needed.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 02:31 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Certainly doesn't help it, but if some team was going to draft him with the red flags he already had I doubt this will change their minds. Much less to go on with this one and the statement has been recanted too. 

Personally I wouldn't touch him even undrafted but I doubt this changes much about how he's viewed 

The thing to me is i believe this was a one time deal with Mixon. I doubt he ever does something like that again.

Pathetic i know, but still this is something you have to take into consideration.

Players that do stupid things over and over again like Adam "Pacman" Jones are the ones i am not for.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 02:31 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Certainly doesn't help it, but if some team was going to draft him with the red flags he already had I doubt this will change their minds. Much less to go on with this one and the statement has been recanted too. 

This says he never hit that girl in highschool.    Is there another incident?
Reply/Quote