Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bengals vists and workouts
(04-05-2017, 01:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Benwikere does make the most sense to go first.
When you say carry 7 and use Shaw against the safety count, I assume you mean Shaw is included in the 7?
Typically, it's been 6 CBs, 4 safeties, 6 LBs, 9 DL.
If it's 6 CBs (Jones, DK, Dennard, WJ3, Russell, Lewis), which safety is cut so that Shaw is included in the safeties? If you're talking about moving the DB count to 11, do you go with just 5 LBs and have Williams play nickel LB? Or do you go with just 8 DL?

I think there are a couple options. Yea, Shaw is one of 7 CB's but can split time at safety. I think Williams counting against the LB count is a definite possibility. I think 8 DL, depending on draft could also be a possibly if we end up with a versatile guy or if Hardison can stay healthy.

Like I said, my major concern is what happens at CB after this season. DK,WJ3 and maybe Russel is the plan? I heard Lapham say inside the building they love Russel.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 01:11 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think there are a couple options. Yea, Shaw is one of 7 CB's but can split time at safety. I think Williams counting against the LB count is a definite possibility. I think 8 DL, depending on draft could also be a possibly if we end up with a versatile guy or if Hardison can stay healthy.

Like I said, my major concern is what happens at CB after this season. DK,WJ3 and maybe Russel is the plan? I heard Lapham say inside the building they love Russel.

I think the pickup of Russell last offseason is a big reason I don't see the Bengals going CB until at least Day 3 in the draft. They essentially got a free mid-round CB draft pick.

The future at CB could very well be DK, WJ3, and Russell.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Baylor WR Ishmael Zomora will be working out for the Bengals.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Don't think I have seen it on here yet and sorry if I missed it but I saw yesterday that Cam Robinson is supposed to have an upcoming visit with the Bengals among a few other teams.

This was reported by NFL Network reporter Ian Rapoport on Wednesday that the 49ers will host Cam on a pre draft visit. He also met with the Jaguars on Wednesday and has visits lined up with the Broncos and Cincinnati Bengals.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 09:05 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Don't think I have seen it on here yet and sorry if I missed it but I saw yesterday that Cam Robinson is supposed to have an upcoming visit with the Bengals among a few other teams.

This was reported by NFL Network reporter Ian Rapoport on Wednesday that the 49ers will host Cam on a pre draft visit. He also met with the Jaguars on Wednesday and has visits lined up with the Broncos and Cincinnati Bengals.

I think his off field issues plus people being unsure if he is a LT or not may push him to the top of the 2nd. I don't think 49'ers and Jags looking at him for a top 5 pick, but if he is there in the 2nd he is definitely a nice value.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 09:30 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think his off field issues plus people being unsure if he is a LT or not may push him to the top of the 2nd. I don't think 49'ers and Jags looking at him for a top 5 pick, but if he is there in the 2nd he is definitely a nice value.

Worth a look in the 2nd but I hope they have no intention of reaching for this guy in the 1st (even if we trade down). I just don't think he has the work ethic to ever become an elite player at Tackle.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 09:30 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think his off field issues plus people being unsure if he is a LT or not may push him to the top of the 2nd. I don't think 49'ers and Jags looking at him for a top 5 pick, but if he is there in the 2nd he is definitely a nice value.

(04-06-2017, 01:56 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Worth a look in the 2nd but I hope they have no intention of reaching for this guy in the 1st (even if we trade down). I just don't think he has the work ethic to ever become an elite player at Tackle.

Adam Schefter posted Todd McShay's draft board. He has Cam listed as a high 2nd rounder.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 04:01 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Adam Schefter posted Todd McShay's draft board. He has Cam listed as a high 2nd rounder.

Yea that's what the rumor has been from a lot of places. I think need could bring him into the late 1st though depending on who goes where, or a trade up from late 2nd into the 1st. if you take him in the 1st you can option his 5th year which makes going from pick 33 to 32 a big deal.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 04:38 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Baylor WR Ishmael Zomora will be working out for the Bengals.

Big target here, i like K.D. Cannon more cause of his speed but Zamora is a big, physical receiver...
Reply/Quote
Miss St. Pass rusher Johnathan Calvin may have met with the Bengals. It was predestined on the 6th that he would meet them on I think the 8th..today. I would assume they would hope he would help with the regeneration of the DL. Anyone that can rush from a 4 point stance would be great, but I hear John Calvin is known for 5 points.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 05:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Big target here, i like K.D. Cannon more cause of his speed but Zamora is a big, physical receiver...

Be curious what the video of him beating his dog does to his draft stock. He is kind of a fringe guy anyways, wonder if he is simply an UDFA at this point.
Reply/Quote
Ohio State CB Gareon Conley will be coming in for a visit.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
"Jeremy, no worries. We're not gonna replace you. We just want everyone to think we're drafting a RB. You're our guy. You'll get a 7 year extension next week."
Reply/Quote
We had a private workout with Illinois QB Wes Lunt.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 04:14 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: We had a private workout with Illinois QB Wes Lunt.

Potential PS QB.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 10:58 AM)Au165 Wrote:

Reuben Foster also visited Bengals the same day.

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/bengals-host-leonard-fournette-reuben-foster-visits/
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 09:41 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Reuben Foster also visited Bengals the same day.

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/bengals-host-leonard-fournette-reuben-foster-visits/

Looks like we are covering all of our bases which is good. Appears we will take the highest rated guy on our bored regardless of position.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 09:44 AM)Au165 Wrote: Looks like we are covering all of our bases which is good. Appears we will take the highest rated guy on our bored regardless of position.

Perhaps I may have missed it, but the Bengals haven't met with my top three favorite prospects for #9 (Howard, Davis, Ross)?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 09:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Perhaps I may have missed it, but the Bengals haven't met with my top three favorite prospects for #9 (Howard, Davis, Ross)?

I don't see them going Ross because it has been noted by Hobson and in the past by coaches they like taller WR's.

They were at the Western Michigan and Alabama pro days so maybe they saw all they needed.

With guys like Foster they probably wanted to ask him about his issues, with Fournette they may have wanted to talk to him one more time before possibly doing something as crazy as taking a HB that high.
Reply/Quote