Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bengals vists and workouts
(03-29-2017, 04:06 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Paul Alexander helped run Forrest Lamp through drills at the Western Kentucky pro day.

Also, we met with Howard Wilson from Houston. He became the #1 CB after WJ3 left.

[Image: th?id=OIP.U9zW3jrQljOxO9IPvjCDOwEsC7&pid...=247&h=155]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 04:06 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Paul Alexander helped run Forrest Lamp through drills at the Western Kentucky pro day.

Also, we met with Howard Wilson from Houston. He became the #1 CB after WJ3 left.

One question--did he knock Fatboy down?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 05:43 PM)kacymcbryant18 Wrote: Josina Anderson of ESPN reported on NFL Live yesterday that the Bengals will visit with Jamal Adams.

"[Adams] also had two very good visits. One with the Carolina Panthers a couple of weeks ago," Anderson said on NFL Live on Thursday, via Bleeding Green Nation. "Met with the DB coach there. [...] He also will be meeting with the Panthers again on [April] 11th. Upcoming visits that he has with the Steelers, Bengals, Eagles, and a two-day visit with the Jets. So he'll definitely be busy in these upcoming weeks before the draft." Link

How much do you think Adams would improve our D? More than any of the DEs likely to be there at 9? Shawn Williams had some moments last year, and we just inked him and George to extensions, but I don't think you can argue that Adams wouldn't be an upgrade. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 04:41 AM)Shady Wrote: How much do you think Adams would improve our D? More than any of the DEs likely to be there at 9? Shawn Williams had some moments last year, and we just inked him and George to extensions, but I don't think you can argue that Adams wouldn't be an upgrade. 

Yeah but if we take Adams you know Marvin will not start him.
Reply/Quote
Hooker over adams for me. But highly doubt theyre gonna pay 5 million per year for a backup safety.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 07:45 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Hooker over adams for me. But highly doubt theyre gonna pay 5 million per year for a backup safety.

Dead cap space hit for Williams is only 1.2 million after next year....And he won't start a rookie over Williams anyways.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/shawn-williams-12365/
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 07:45 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Hooker over adams for me. But highly doubt theyre gonna pay 5 million per year for a backup safety.

??

We drafted a 1st round OT just 2 years ago who we knew was coming off surgery and would not play a down year one.

I like Adams over Hooker (does not tackle well), but my guess is Adams goes to the Jets with #6 pick
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

They (Guenther I believe) have actually said in an interview if Safety is the pick Williams could play Nickle LB.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 01:53 PM)McC Wrote: One question--did he knock Fatboy down?

I wish they would report something like that. Also no word on how hard his handshake is.

The Bengals will meet with UCLA DE/OLB Takkarist McKinley and Bucknell OT Julie'n Davenport.[url=http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2160964/takkarist-mckinley][/url]
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Bengals generally go BPA and stay true to their board. If Adams is still on the board, he's going to be in stripes.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 03:39 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Bengals generally go BPA and stay true to their board.  If Adams is still on the board, he's going to be in stripes.

I'd be beyond happy. Won't even lie.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 12:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ??

We drafted a 1st round OT just 2 years ago who we knew was coming off surgery and would not play a down year one.

I like Adams over Hooker (does not tackle well), but my guess is Adams goes to the Jets with #6 pick
Yes. But they werent paying ogbuehi 5 million per yearl
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 10:11 AM)pulses Wrote: Dead cap space hit for Williams is only 1.2 million after next year....And he won't start a rookie over Williams anyways.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/shawn-williams-12365/

Too much dead money for Mike Brown's liking. Now perhaps in 2019 or 2020 when the dead money is $800k and $400k respectively.

But in true Bengals fashion, they have their DBs ride the pine pony for 2-3 years anyway, so this could be a scenario where Adams or Hooker backs up Iloka and Williams for two years then takes over as a starter in 2019 or 2020.

Personally though, I still think Josh Shaw's best fit is at FS and he'd be a damn good one. That's the main reason I think the Bengals should avoid DB until Day 3 of the draft.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 10:53 AM)ochocincos Wrote: That's the main reason I think the Bengals should avoid DB until Day 3 of the draft.

I agree, but if Jordan Lewis falls to a late 3rd early 4th you take him. People freakout about his height, but he is one of the best coverage guys in the draft, really good at press coverage even at his size.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 10:57 AM)Au165 Wrote: I agree, but if Jordan Lewis falls to a late 3rd early 4th you take him. People freakout about his height, but he is one of the best coverage guys in the draft, really good at press coverage even at his size.

Well if he fell to late third to early fourth, it would mean the Bengals didn't take him with their third rounder. And the next Bengals pick would be early fourth, and therefore Day 3.
Unless you are saying if Lewis is there in late third that the Bengals should trade back up into the late third to get him?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 11:39 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Well if he fell to late third to early fourth, it would mean the Bengals didn't take him with their third rounder. And the next Bengals pick would be early fourth, and therefore Day 3.
Unless you are saying if Lewis is there in late third that the Bengals should trade back up into the late third to get him?

I would be interested in moving from early 4th into the late 3rd for him. Your talking about a cost of a 6th rounder or so to make it happen. With 11 picks it would be an investment worth making.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 12:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: I would be interested in moving from early 4th into the late 3rd for him. Your talking about a cost of a 6th rounder or so to make it happen. With 11 picks it would be an investment worth making.

So then the Bengals would have Adam Jones, DK, Dennard, WJ3, Shaw, Russell, Benwikere, and Lewis?

Which two do you cut to make room for Lewis? After the praise Brown just gave Jones, he isn't going anywhere. DK was just re-signed. Dennard and WJ3 were first round picks and need to get playing time. I doubt they give up on Russell already. Shaw will get snaps at CB unless he's moved over to FS.

That's why I think if they get a CB in the draft, it's a developmental CB that can live on the PS for a year or two until a spot opens up.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 12:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So then the Bengals would have Adam Jones, DK, Dennard, WJ3, Shaw, Russell, Benwikere, and Lewis?

Which two do you cut to make room for Lewis? After the praise Brown just gave Jones, he isn't going anywhere. DK was just re-signed. Dennard and WJ3 were first round picks and need to get playing time. I doubt they give up on Russell already. Shaw will get snaps at CB unless he's moved over to FS.

That's why I think if they get a CB in the draft, it's a developmental CB that can live on the PS for a year or two until a spot opens up.

Benwikere was a flyer that has never played a down for us yet. I think he is the obvious guy to go. You can carry 7 and use shaw against the safety count, or depending on what we do draft wise we may have a DT/DE who can kick the other direction and pick up one there. I think you have to plan to insulate yourself for the season after this one. Dennard is on the last year of his contract ,and I actually see them letting Jones go next year based on the contract structure and an assumption of declining play and WJ3 stepping up.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 12:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: Benwikere was a flyer that has never played a down for us yet. I think he is the obvious guy to go. You can carry 7 and use shaw against the safety count, or depending on what we do draft wise we may have a DT/DE who can kick the other direction and pick up one there. I think you have to plan to insulate yourself for the season after this one. Dennard is on the last year of his contract ,and I actually see them letting Jones go next year based on the contract structure and an assumption of declining play and WJ3 stepping up.

Benwikere does make the most sense to go first.
When you say carry 7 and use Shaw against the safety count, I assume you mean Shaw is included in the 7?
Typically, it's been 6 CBs, 4 safeties, 6 LBs, 9 DL.
If it's 6 CBs (Jones, DK, Dennard, WJ3, Russell, Lewis), which safety is cut so that Shaw is included in the safeties? If you're talking about moving the DB count to 11, do you go with just 5 LBs and have Williams play nickel LB? Or do you go with just 8 DL?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote