Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs 49ers predictions
(10-24-2023, 10:48 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Great points, Vikings beat 49'ers they are good, we beat the 49'ers and we will be lucky according to the negative Nancy here...

I'm not going against my prediction, they'll kill us. Ninja

.....but, there's really no reason why Cincinnati can't beat them. The league is set up for parity. Injuries effect ANY team, when they're major contributors. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 09:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's one were Burrow threw a beautiful ball.....to the sideline isn't it? If so, you're right, that would've been a tuddy.

I believe Lap or Hoard said they thought Chase was suppose to go long on that and if he had, it was a TD. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 10:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm not going against my prediction, they'll kill us. Ninja

.....but, there's really no reason why Cincinnati can't beat them. The league is set up for parity. Injuries effect ANY team, when they're major contributors. 

"He'll kill ya Barney"... Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 10:51 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I believe Lap or Hoard said they thought Chase was suppose to go long on that and if he had, it was a TD. 

Yes, the long throw at the 2 minute warning. If Chase runs the go like they expected it's a TD. Miscommunication. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 10:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yes, the long throw at the 2 minute warning. If Chase runs the go like they expected it's a TD. Miscommunication. 

So Zac didn't call a bad play as the couch coaches on here were claiming... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 11:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: So Zac didn't call a bad play as the couch coaches on here were claiming... Ninja

As if you’re not an armchair
QB
Coach
GM
Owner
Take your pick
Or maybe you’re content to be an armchair cheerleader. I say armchair, because I shudder to think what an actual attempt at cheerleading by you would look like.Tongue
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 09:47 AM)SladeX Wrote: As if you’re not an armchair
QB
Coach
GM
Owner
Take your pick
Or maybe you’re content to be an armchair cheerleader. I say armchair, because I shudder to think what an actual attempt at cheerleading by you would look like.Tongue

I’m 100% an armchair coach

I love looking at the plays and critiquing them

Honestly i don’t hate Zac’s playcalling. I hate his occasional bad situational call. (Calling a 2 yard routes on 3rd and 4 and stuff like that).

His aggressiveness gets an A+ but his creativity gets a D-. I feel he’s one of the worst coaches at calling plays to get guys going. He does it with Chase because cmon…who couldn’t?

But i have not seen a signature package of plays for Boyd or Tee. It’s as if he only feels Chase is a star. When Boyd goes whole games with maybe 1-3 targets i get mad. Like it pisses me off. Luckily Boyd is a bit older and he’s smart. He knows going to another team would make it harder for him so he’s ok playing out his contract.

Personally i would’ve demanded a trade last year because I’d want to catch more balls but thankfully Boyd isn’t like me
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 12:44 PM)Housh Wrote: I’m 100% an armchair coach

I love looking at the plays and critiquing them

Honestly i don’t hate Zac’s playcalling. I hate his occasional bad situational call. (Calling a 2 yard routes on 3rd and 4 and stuff like that).

His aggressiveness gets an A+ but his creativity gets a D-. I feel he’s one of the worst coaches at calling plays to get guys going. He does it with Chase because cmon…who couldn’t?

But i have not seen a signature package of plays for Boyd or Tee. It’s as if he only feels Chase is a star. When Boyd goes whole games with maybe 1-3 targets i get mad. Like it pisses me off. Luckily Boyd is a bit older and he’s smart. He knows going to another team would make it harder for him so he’s ok playing out his contract.

Personally i would’ve demanded a trade last year because I’d want to catch more balls but thankfully Boyd isn’t like me

Interestingly, Boyd is on pace for 5 receptions a game, and currently has him on target for 85 receptions this season if that pace continues.
If he reaches 80, it will be his most receptions in a season since 2019, which was the last time he had 1000+ yards.

The big thing that's been hurting Boyd this year is YPR.
Only averaging 6.8 YPR this season.
His career YPR is 11.6.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2023, 12:15 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I like the nine-point differential, but I think their D limits our scoring opportunities to FG attempts.  Leggs goes 4/5 on those, with three successful from 50+.

Niners 21
Bengals 12

Sad

If Darnold is in then ignore the above.

Bengals 23
Niners 16

Who Dey
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 09:47 AM)SladeX Wrote: As if you’re not an armchair
QB
Coach
GM
Owner
Take your pick

How about someone that watches the game and doesn't pretend I know more about what's going on than the people that actually do it for a living... Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 10:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yes, the long throw at the 2 minute warning. If Chase runs the go like they expected it's a TD. Miscommunication. 

We have had a ton of this, this season so far. Hopefully the bye week got us on the same page and Burrow is now really 100%.

If so, we can win this game for sho'

Amazing we are at .500 right now with how much bad has happened this season. Mind boggling honestly.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2023, 11:47 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I can understand people thinking San Fran is going to win. Hell, I can even understand those who think we'll lose in a blowout. But, I just have this feeling, we are going to come out and match San Fran's intensity. We're going to look like the team that made it to the AFCCG last year. I think offensively, we'll get a full game from our boys. I think, defensively, it'll start off looking bad - especially the run defense, but by halftime, we'll be putting the clamps on the O and slow them down enough where we win.

Bengals 30
49ers 27

Updating my prediction if Darnold gets the start:

Bengals 34
49ers 17

CMC keeps the game close in the first half, but Darnold throws at least 2 picks which helps us expand our lead and force San Fran to pass the ball even more leading to more drive ending sacks and incomplete passes.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Whether Purdy or Darnold plays, expect heavy dose of CMC and Kittle in the middle. Big tests for Dax and Murphy. Obj and Williams have to show up against Bosa. Joe Brrr, Tee, Boyd and Chase finally all on same page.

Bengals win 27 - 24
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 10:45 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Zac owns Andy Reid head to head. I am not sure Shanahan is better than Reid...

Yea, he owned him in the AFC championship game last year. 
Reply/Quote
I do think a huge part of this game is what Joe Burrow we get. First half vs Seattle or second half? With a bye week to rest and being one week healthier I feel like we are primed to get the best of Burrow that we’ve seen this season.

And we will need him to be in prime form against that defense that will be looking to come out and make a statement after those recent losses.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 07:48 PM)125250 Wrote: Yea, he owned him in the AFC championship game last year. 

Who were you before? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 07:48 PM)125250 Wrote: Yea, he owned him in the AFC championship game last year. 

3-1 head to head
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 10:47 PM)sandwedge Wrote: 3-1 head to head

And remember the only reason it isn't 4-0 is a pair of REALLY bad missed calls (Late Hit on Burrow and then missing Block in the Back on the punt return). 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 09:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who were you before? 

Hard to say if it’s a Chiefs fan or Ravens fan. Can’t keep up with who hates the Bengals more these days.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 04:13 PM)125250 Wrote: Bengals 13
49ers 52

C'mon Fredrico ease up. 

Everybody saying the home field advantage will be the difference. Yet believe the Bengals will finally rise to the occasion and beat a great 49ers team in front of their spoiled extended pinky finger wine drinking tailgating fans to witness. 

It's Halloween time and see the Black and Orange doing their thing finally, and squeaking by a solid 49ers squad in a great game for the viewers pleasure. .

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote