Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals went after Kubiak
For OC. But was denied by Denver.

Interesting relating to the HC position, as a top OC candidate like that would have full control of the offense.

Would that have opened up the door for a DC candidate?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25696938/denver-broncos-blocking-teams-interviewing-gary-kubiak-offensive-coordinator-openings
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Ya know .....I used to cheer for Elway....but more and more, I'm discovering I just don't like him very much.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
This tells me we aren't looking to go with an established HC; as we are trying to build his staff.

It could also mean that Lazor is the top candidate for HC
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Kubiak would have been a great fit, especially since he's been working in the Broncos personnel department since retiring from coaching.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 02:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This tells me we aren't looking to go with an established HC; as we are trying to build his staff.

He could just as easily be Vance Joseph's preferred OC, as they worked together in Denver.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 02:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: Ya know .....I used to cheer for Elway....but more and more, I'm discovering I just don't like him very much.

We are rowing the same boat here (keep your hands off my oar LOL ). Elway is quickly becoming the quagmire of the NFL - well, other than Mike Brown. 

Giggety.

Reply/Quote
And the plot thickens.

He is one guy who knows how to run the ball.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Likely a smart move on the part of the Broncos organization. Kind of sad to learn the Bengals were denied an interview request, but the article did also state that Kubiak was comfortable in his current position, after stepping away from coaching for health reasons.

It does make me feel good to know that the Bengals Management Team really is looking far and wide, at a variety of potential coaching candidates. Perhaps Mike Brown is more serious than we imagined, about wanting to bring a championship to Cincinnati?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm very worried that this means Lazor is a serious contender for HC.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 03:13 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm very worried that this means Lazor is a serious contender for HC.

I don't think I get the connection.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 03:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Likely a smart move on the part of the Broncos organization.  Kind of sad to learn the Bengals were denied an interview request, but the article did also state that Kubiak was comfortable in his current position, after stepping away from coaching for health reasons.

It does make me feel good to know that the Bengals Management Team really is looking far and wide, at a variety of potential coaching candidates.  Perhaps Mike Brown is more serious than we imagined, about wanting to bring a championship to Cincinnati?

It seems we are doing an extensive search, however, I fear this is just a stunt to make fans believe they are working hard, when Mike already knew before the first interview who he was going to hire. That's the fear, but my gut tells me they are going all out. You just read so many opinions and articles it get's confusing. Plus, with MB's history of being a scrooge, I really doubt he would go through all this trouble if it wasn't really a thorough search to take the Bengals to the next level. 

Maybe the empty seats has put some fear in him, or the other owners have told him he's not pulling his weight. Who knows? It would be great to land someone who can turn this ship around and make us (don't say it Dog, DONT SAY IT) a true contender for the SB or even something bigger.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 03:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It seems we are doing an extensive search, however, I fear this is just a stunt to make fans believe they are working hard, when Mike already knew before the first interview who he was going to hire. That's the fear, but my gut tells me they are going all out. You just read so many opinions and articles it get's confusing. Plus, with MB's history of being a scrooge, I really doubt he would go through all this trouble if it wasn't really a thorough search to take the Bengals to the next level. 

Maybe the empty seats has put some fear in him, or the other owners have told him he's not pulling his weight. Who knows? It would be great to land someone who can turn this ship around and make us (don't say it Dog, DONT SAY IT) a true contender for the SB or even something bigger.

Yeah, we're all a bit nervous of getting too emotionally invested in this coaching search.  After getting "Charlie Browned" by Mike so many times, it's hard to blame us.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Didn't we deny the Broncos a chance to interview Vance Joseph to take a similar position with them before he went on to become a head coach?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 03:14 PM)McC Wrote: I don't think I get the connection.

If they are actively pursuing OC candidates, it stands to reason that they are expecting a vacancy.  That means one of two things

1. Lazor is going to be fired.
2. Lazor is going to be promoted.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 03:27 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Didn't we deny the Broncos a chance to interview Vance Joseph to take a similar position with them before he went on to become a head coach?

Ah yes.  The ol' tit for tat.

Reply/Quote
We tried to save him the trouble. If anything he should grant the interview out of appreciation.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 02:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This tells me we aren't looking to go with an established HC; as we are trying to build his staff.

(01-06-2019, 03:13 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm very worried that this means Lazor is a serious contender for HC.

Or...

It could mean that every candidate interviewed said, "I would love to come to the Bengals. You have an QB that I can work with, a true 1 WR, great RB's and that's just on the Offensive side of the ball. Of course if I do accept the job we are going to have to work on that O-Line and definitely upgrade the LB's but if Lazor is the OC, I can't really see any success."
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 03:28 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If they are actively pursuing OC candidates, it stands to reason that they are expecting a vacancy.  That means one of two things

...and he hasn't been fired. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

This makes me think the hc is already in house and already chosen, just not named. My hope would be that it's lazor as the alternative is depressing.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 03:28 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If they are actively pursuing OC candidates, it stands to reason that they are expecting a vacancy.  That means one of two things

This was my thinking exactly too. I do NOT want Lazor has HC.
Reply/Quote