Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Biden In The Debates......
(10-01-2020, 12:18 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: “The main thing we learned last night is that it was a mistake to spend so much time focusing on Joe Biden’s mental decline. On stage last night, Biden did not seem senile. If you tuned in expecting him to forget his own name, and honestly we did expect that, you may have been surprised by how precise some of his answers were. Trump isn’t gonna win this race by calling Joe Biden senile. "

-Tucker Carlson

Didn't we learn this week that you cant believe anything Tucker says?  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 12:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Didn't we learn this week that you cant believe anything Tucker says?  Ninja

fair
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 11:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote:  Notes or a tablet and you act like it's a big difference and you act like you caught me in some massive set-up.

You need to work on your debating skills.

Watch Dan Bongino describing how Trump played it perfectly last night and got Biden to alienate his base and perfectly executed his debate strategy.

Bfritz I think you have put forward and interesting point here.

Would you agree that if Bongino is right, then we will see it in polls in the coming week--i.e., Biden losing support?

Or how else could we tell whether Biden really had "alienated his base" by playing into Trump's strategy?

Also, if we see no movement, or Biden gaining support, then Bongino was wrong. 

If Trump really was deploying a strategy, then it failed if support for Biden stays the same or increases, right?
Reply/Quote
He's losing support for sure:

"Biden smashes fundraising records during chaotic debate"

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/30/joe-biden-debate-fundraising-423826
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I honestly haven't heard Biden losing support from the left after the debate.

Most already know he's a moderate and not Bernie. They watched him attack the Green New Deal etc during the primaries. If he still had their support before the debate, I don't see why him being moderate during the debate would change anything.

The person quoted seems desperate to try to find a "win" for Trump if you ask me, but the argument is better than pushing Adderall and PED's as a cure for Dementia.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 01:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: I honestly haven't heard Biden losing support from the left after the debate.

Most already know he's a moderate and not Bernie. They watched him attack the Green New Deal etc during the primaries. If he still had their support before the debate, I don't see why him being moderate during the debate would change anything.

The person quoted seems desperate to try to find a "win" for Trump if you ask me, but the argument is better than pushing Adderall and PED's as a cure for Dementia.

Yeah, I mean Trump could have shot up in the polls and could win in a landslide for all I know, but I don't see what about debate 1 would have swayed anyone who wasn't all-in on Trump to voting for him.  It's not about me not liking him or not wanting him in the WH, it's just that he turned the Trump dial up to 11 for that performance.  Seems like he's just going all-in on his ultra loyal base, to me.
Reply/Quote
Trump doesn't believe he is the POTUS for everyone Dem and Rep. Just his base. I think that's one thing we can all agree on.

That is one of the reasons his handlers had to tell him covid was hurting Republican states before he finally tried to do something. At first it was only hitting Dem states and killing minorities.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/07/trump-coronavirus-our-people-republican-states.html

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 02:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: Trump doesn't believe he is the POTUS for everyone Dem and Rep. Just his base. 

Well, let's be fair, many (most? all?) Dems have said "not my president". Just sayin'.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 03:08 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, let's be fair, many (most? all?) Dems have said "not my president". Just sayin'.  Smirk

Fair enough. 

Reply/Quote
Ninja                                                                                                                                                                                            Ninja

[Image: 120552894_790522941740081_47501791879603...e=5F9BC78A]
Ninja                                                                                                                                                                                           Ninja
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 09:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: Ninja                                                                                                                                                                                            Ninja

[Image: 120552894_790522941740081_47501791879603...e=5F9BC78A]
Ninja                                                                                                                                                                                           Ninja

A- It's not unheard of for a man nearing the century mark to need a hearing aide.
B- (and more likely) It's a foundation clip for the combover. That's like two pounds of hair and a pound of hairspray coming from just above the ears and covering half a head... it's going to take some serious engineering to hold that in place. Like, $70k worth. 
Reply/Quote