Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big week - Bengals take on the Ravens
4-2 is a great start, and from reading many threads on this forum, a much better start to the season than many posters anticipated. This week begins the real test since the Bengals are taking on the first place, MVP Lamar lead Baltimore Ravens.

I think this is a defining game for the season. The Bengals need to contain and slow down Lamar, he can't destroy us. How are we thinking the Bengals fair?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This game will be the Measuring Stick.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:07 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: 4-2 is a great start, and from reading many threads on this forum, a much better start to the season than many posters anticipated. This week begins the real test since the Bengals are taking on the first place, MVP Lamar lead Baltimore Ravens.

I think this is a defining game for the season. The Bengals need to contain and slow down Lamar, he can't destroy us. How are we thinking the Bengals fair?

Probably going to be the toughest 2 games we play all season.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Probably going to be the toughest 2 games we play all season.

Agreed & I'm hoping the first game doesn't result in us getting our asses kicked. I want to see the Bengals defense rattling Lamar and exposing the Ravens offense as overrated. Ugh, my prediction though is Lamar personally runs for over 100 yards.
Reply/Quote
I really miss Joe Flacido..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:29 AM)grampahol Wrote: I really miss Joe Flacido..

To that sentiment, I was thinking as we watch Burrow and the squad experience success that of course, just of course, a division team has what might be the best player in the NFL, Lamar Jackson, running the team for the next 5+ years. My fear is that Burrow and the Bengals take a back seat to Lamar and the Ravens for the next five to seven seasons. The Ravens will win the division from year to year and that minimizes the Bengals chances at the playoffs.

Mind you, this is the babbling of a Bengals fan whose heart was ripped out in '88 by Montana. It's been downhill since so I struggle to remain optimistic!
Reply/Quote
This game would be nice to win - but it in no way is the end all be all for the season. I just hope its competitive...because last year it wasn't.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Ravens got a lot of pressure on Herbert on Sunday. The OL will have to be better than they've been all season for this game.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:36 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This game would be nice to win - but it in no way is the end all be all for the season. I just hope its competitive...because last year it wasn't.

Ultimately, you're correct but I do think it is a statement game for controlling the team's fate this season. Plus, I want to see if Zac and his coaches have what it takes to not be out-coached. Can they put together a good game plan and make adjustments as the game plays out in real time?
Reply/Quote
A streak that needs to be snapped — Lamar has never lost in October. I’m tired of hearing about it honestly. It’s going to be very difficult but I think our D is actually built well for this. However, the Ravens have to deal with Logan Wilson for the first time in his new role. I have no doubt he’s going to be the key to winning this game.
Reply/Quote
Linebackers and Safeties will be very important in week 7. Stopping the Ravens primary run game, limiting Lamar Jackson rush yards, covering Mark Andrews, and not allowing Marquise Brown to get behind the defense.

I'm glad Ricardo Allen is finally healthy and got snaps this week.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
This one worries me. The Bengals have looked absolutely awful against the Ravens in the ZT era: 38-3, 27-3, 49-13 and 23-17. They've managed 300+ yards of offense just once while the Ravens have put up 525, 332, 379 and 497. That's just not going to cut it. I'm fully expecting a loss and hoping to avoid an embarrassment.
Reply/Quote
Lamar Jackson is playing like a beast right now.
Not only is he 9th in the league in passing yards (1686), but he's also 7th in the league in rushing (392 yards).
He has the most passing+rushing yards out of any player in the league (just barely ahead of Mahomes).

The Ravens have both a Top 10 offense and defense when it comes to points.
While the Bengals have been good defending the run, the Ravens have been better.

I think this game ultimately comes down to Jackson vs Burrow, and specifically turnovers.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:14 AM)MickMack Wrote: This one worries me. The Bengals have looked absolutely awful against the Ravens in the ZT era: 38-3, 27-3, 49-13 and 23-17. They've managed 300+ yards of offense just once while the Ravens have put up 525, 332, 379 and 497. That's just not going to cut it. I'm fully expecting a loss and hoping to avoid an embarrassment.

Just depends on if you feel the defense is actually vastly improved or not. I believe they have, so it shouldn’t be a scorefest as it’s been the last few times. Also, don’t forget, Lou had Jackson looking flustered in the first game last year… Burrow was just more flustered.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:19 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Just depends on if you feel the defense is actually vastly improved or not. I believe they have, so it shouldn’t be a scorefest as it’s been the last few times. Also, don’t forget, Lou had Jackson looking flustered in the first game last year… Burrow was just more flustered.

The defense has a different mentality than in the past. Just look at how they are attacking the ball always trying to rip it free. Even when the offensive player is on the ground and the whistle has blown the Bengals are still ripping at the football.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
We've already given Lamar enough for his highlight tape. That was a different defense, and one of many moments that highlighted why we needed to upgrade in the tackling and intangibles, which we've done. Hoping we can make a big statement this game w/ a win.
Reply/Quote
If the Raven defense is on, like it was today, they will blitz, sack, and possibly hurt Joe.

Every phase of the Bengals need to be on their A game from start to finish and that hasn't happened yet in 6 games.

But . . there's always a first time for everything!

When their playoff game ends with the clock at 00:00, with the Bengals at least 1 point ahead, and no yellow or red flags on the field, THEN I'll concede they're arrival!!
Reply/Quote
Remember they are a completely unforced (the ball literally dropped out of his hands) Clyde Hellaire fumble and a hideously blown ref missed delay of game call from a 3-3 record. Also Jackson got almost half his passing yards in two games against injury depleted secondaries (DEN and IND) and the Colts one they were so injured they couldn't even run out 4 CB/Safeties. Jackson has yet to face a good defense this season so hopefully our defense is for real and shows him up.
Reply/Quote
I'm not going to let this game define the season.

If the Bengals win then everyone knows they're the real deal and could be a threat to take the division.

If they lose but can take 2 of the next 3 they go into the bye a legit playoff contender still.

The Giants entered the wild card twice at 9-7 and went on to beat the pats both times. It not over till it's over.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 12:45 PM)Joelist Wrote: Remember they are a completely unforced (the ball literally dropped out of his hands) Clyde Hellaire fumble and a hideously blown ref missed delay of game call from a 3-3 record. Also Jackson got almost half his passing yards in two games against injury depleted secondaries (DEN and IND) and the Colts one they were so injured they couldn't even run out 4 CB/Safeties. Jackson has yet to face a good defense this season so hopefully our defense is for real and shows him up.

Even the Chargers yesterday were coming off a really tough game the week before and had to travel to the eastern time zone so may not have been at their best..but credit to the Ravens defense they did play a good game yesterday.  

And lets be real we are a couple of flukey plays ourselves from either being 6-0 or 2-4 against some weak teams.  In the long run a W is a W

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote