Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big week - Bengals take on the Ravens
(10-19-2021, 07:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Biggest test for Burrow and Defense so far..Ravens just confused Joe badly last year and we got run over on Def. This is probably most important game for Burrow and his maturity as 2nd yr QB a d Lous defensive makeover

Our D needs to keep Lamar off the field and we control the clock well, I realistically think they can win this game.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Man this is big. Interesting times.
Reply/Quote
ZT is going to need to cal shots down the field outside of the 2 minute drill. If he calls a game with nothing but short routes it is goinf to be reminiscent of the Chicago game where they owned us for the majority.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:29 AM)grampahol Wrote: I really miss Joe Flacido..

You really miss Joe Flaccid?
Reply/Quote
I’d put a spy on Lamar Jackson.And that spy would be none other than Logan Wilson.
Reply/Quote
Double off Mark Andrews and Marquise Brown and on the DL stop the run and STAY IN YOUR LANES. Make Jackson fit the ball into tight spaces throwing and the INTs will come - his ball security this season (heck his whole career) has been questionable.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 08:54 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: ZT is going to need to cal shots down the field outside of the 2 minute drill. If he calls a game with nothing but short routes it is goinf to be reminiscent of the Chicago game where they owned us for the majority.

Chicago owned us because we had 4 straight turnovers in a row 2nd half.. 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 07:11 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: He has to have something to be gloomy about, we already won more games than he predicted, probably.   Hilarious

Got two more to go TT!

When they make the playoffs and the clock reaches 00:00, with the Bengals ahead by at least one point, with no yellow or red flags on the field, THEN you can talk crap if you want, and I'll walk bend you with a broom and pan like they do in parades behind the horses!  Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 08:56 PM)GodFather Wrote: You really miss Joe Flaccid?

At least he played on a team with an owner, Steve Biscotti, and a coach John Harbaugh, who had enough on the ball to get him a Ring!
Reply/Quote
I hate to do this but this game is a litmus test on literally EVERYONE. The players the coaches EVERYONE. No one really expects a win but if we compete it says a lot. This is the first pressure game Joe Burrow and ZT have had in Cincy. Getting wins against bums and lesser talent is fine and dandy but coaches get extensions off winning then division and this game will be proof.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
My game plan is to have Hubbard and Trey do what they have done in every game so far and the secondary. The linebackers will have to come through.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 08:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While I completely agree on this point in theory, they can't just do the run, run, pass short, punt crap, either.  They need to attack the Ravens and force them to defend the entire field.  This isn't Ray Lewis's Ravens.  Their defense has been gashed by some pretty mediocre offenses recently (see Indy), but you are right that the Bengals have to be mistake-free.  No more tipped passes!  Get your hands on the ball and secure the pass! 

Yes, have to be aggressive just have to take care of the ball while doing so. Get the running game going with Mixon and Evans
and go Play Action to Chase deep and we could have a big day. I love our Defense and we might actually match up well with the
Ravens now with this DL and our Secondary. Hendrickson plays disciplined on the edge same with Hubbard and our big guys in 
the middle get a lot of push.

Also I am now on the Uzo train instead of Drew Sample. I was willing to give Drew a chance but he just isn't a weapon at all in 
the passing game, Uzo is.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 09:27 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Well said, I just really, really, really, really want to see us not get trashed by Lamar. Dude has had some of his better games against us making the ESPN highlights juking Bengals defensive players.

Yeah, Lamar has had great games against us but we have a completely different Defense this year.

I expect us to give him troubles this time around, maybe not enough to win but I highly doubt he has a great game against this D.
Reply/Quote
I watched the Lions Ravens highlights
Swift and Williams had running lanes
Between the OT and TE. This is a game
Where Drew Simple can actually make
A contribution and kick out that DE or OLB
Open a nice running lane
Id like to see Pollack infuse some pulls
With Quinton Spain.
Mark Andrews is the guy I worry about the most
On their offense. he Is a big time playmaker and his ability
To stretch the D helps make Lamar have wide
Open running field.
Im.not so sure rushing Lamar with the front
4 is a good idea. Cause if he makes one
Guy miss its a 25 yd scoot cause the LBers
Have their backs turned in coverage
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 03:27 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I watched the Lions Ravens highlights
Swift and Williams had running lanes
Between the OT and TE. This is a game
Where Drew Simple can actually make
A contribution and kick out that DE or OLB
Open a nice running lane
Id like to see Pollack infuse some pulls
With Quinton Spain.
Mark Andrews is the  guy I worry about the most
On their offense. he Is a big time playmaker and his ability
To stretch the D helps make Lamar have wide
Open running field.
Im.not so sure rushing Lamar with the front
4 is a good idea. Cause if he makes one
Guy miss its a 25 yd scoot cause the LBers
Have their backs turned in coverage

Like your thoughts. Didn't watch the Lions/Ravens game or even the highlights to this helps. Need to see some contribution from 
Sample as he has been bad so far this year and if he isn't able to make plays catching the ball at least he can open up some holes
for our Backs. Love Evans elusiveness, think he might have a breakout game soon if he gets enough touches.

Andrews is the dude that scares me as well and yes, need to have a LB spying Lamar all game, namely Logan.
Reply/Quote
Greetings:
OLD Ravens fan here - season ticket holder for Ravens and BALTIMORE COLTS.

Also, college in Cincinnati back in the Ralph Staub UC days. Happy to see both the Bearcats and the Bengals doing so well.

This should be an interesting game on many levels. The Ravens D weakness this year has mainly been the ILB play, particularly in pass d.

Chase & Humphries are no strangers and I would expect Marlon to follow Chase wherever he lines up.
Jamarr would eat Averetts lunch.

It would be surprising to see the Bengals have success running the ball, although Mixon is an excellent back.

On O, Lamar is, obviously, the x-factor. It will take a completely disciplined scheme from your D co-ordinater and defense to slow him up. His passing this year has quieted a lot of critics.

Hope for an injury free game, and again, it is really nice to have the Bengals on the rise while PIT falls and CLE scrambles. And, no, Cleveland, save your injury tales of woe for a team with less than 16 players on IR

Lets have BAL & CIN represent the AFCN for the next few years, and GO UC!!
Reply/Quote
If we can keep Lamar Jackson from running on us I think we'll be fine. That is kind of a big ask. Even though he's passed the ball well so far this season he only has like 6 games with over 250 yards passing in his career.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 02:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, have to be aggressive just have to take care of the ball while doing so. Get the running game going with Mixon and Evans
and go Play Action to Chase deep and we could have a big day. I love our Defense and we might actually match up well with the
Ravens now with this DL and our Secondary. Hendrickson plays disciplined on the edge same with Hubbard and our big guys in 
the middle get a lot of push.

Also I am now on the Uzo train instead of Drew Sample. I was willing to give Drew a chance but he just isn't a weapon at all in 
the passing game, Uzo is.

I think Uzo was always our better receiver and Sample the better blocker, but Uzo's injury last year (which he has been amazing in returning from...love how he gave his game ball to the physical therapist on the team) forced Sample to step in to that role, and he was ok.  

The third TE now, Mitchell Wilcox, would probably be used more in that role over Sample and he would just stay the blocker.  
Reply/Quote
So happy to see a Bengals W!
Reply/Quote