Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Billings carted off
(08-15-2016, 03:11 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: Haha totally meant hardison

I knew what you meant, but I just couldn't resist the hard on.....errr never mind, gotta go.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
That made me lol Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 02:27 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: From what I was told with my meniscus is that the actual tissue doesn't regenerate well, and surgery often leads to arthritic knees. This is why ive have held off on getting mine cleaned up. I cant go crazy squatting and deadlifting like I was prior to the injury, and my distance running has been severely impacted. In all honesty I wish I would have torn my ACL or something, those ligaments heal really well, and they've damn near perfected those procedures.

He's a professional athlete who probably has way better physicians provided to him then the quacks the Navy sends me to.

ACL ruptures are much more serious than meniscal tears. That being said, the severity of meniscal tears varies greatly upon the location and the size of the tear which affects the treatment and prognosis. 

I've torn the meniscus in my left knee twice. Needed surgery once. Would prefer a meniscal tear over an ACL rupture 10 out of 10 times. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 03:20 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: ACL ruptures are much more serious than meniscal tears. That being said, the severity of meniscal tears varies greatly upon the location and the size of the tear which affects the treatment and prognosis. 

I've torn the meniscus in my left knee twice. Needed surgery once. Would prefer a meniscal tear over an ACL rupture 10 out of 10 times. 

That sounds like some positive first-hand experience relevant to this situation.  You didn't go to a VA doc, did you?
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 03:47 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: That sounds like some positive first-hand experience relevant to this situation.  You didn't go to a VA doc, did you?

Army orthopedist. Had the surgery after the second tear. Once I finished rehab, the knee has been as good as new ever since and that was 20 years ago give or take. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 03:20 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: ACL ruptures are much more serious than meniscal tears. That being said, the severity of meniscal tears varies greatly upon the location and the size of the tear which affects the treatment and prognosis. 

(08-15-2016, 04:05 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Army orthopedist. Had the surgery after the second tear. Once I finished rehab, the knee has been as good as new ever since and that was 20 years ago give or take. 

Thank you.

Good stuff right here.
Reply/Quote
Not looking good for our draft picks so far. What is this, two of the top 4 out already?
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 04:05 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Army orthopedist. Had the surgery after the second tear. Once I finished rehab, the knee has been as good as new ever since and that was 20 years ago give or take. 

Awesome!  Good to hear they did right by you!  Thank you for your service sir! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 04:19 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Not looking good for our draft picks so far. What is this, two of the top 4 out already?

Both may be able to play by December, but yeah it sucks.

WJ3 and Billings have tons of talent and i wanted to see what they had by atleast mid-season.

Might not see either one this year damn it.
Reply/Quote
[Image: XqKeYiukeaMriacAPoBuuQoB.jpg20160815-3-r...1471289200]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 04:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Both may be able to play by December, but yeah it sucks.

WJ3 and Billings have tons of talent and i wanted to see what they had by atleast mid-season.

Might not see either one this year damn it.

Me too. I was as big on Billings as you. I don't see a need to rush either of them back. Dennnard needs to get right, and some boys need to step up on the interior of the d line.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 04:27 PM)GodFather Wrote: [Image: XqKeYiukeaMriacAPoBuuQoB.jpg20160815-3-r...1471289200]

This is funny stuff.  Sad, true, yet still funny Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Well that sucks but probably better than a ACL
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 04:58 PM)jason Wrote: Me too. I was as big on Billings as you. I don't see a need to rush either of them back. Dennnard needs to get right, and some boys need to step up on the interior of the d line.

True Jason. My fellow Billings fan.

Atleast we have some depth particularly at DT. Still, this was the guy i saw pushing us over the top.

When you have a guy like Billings next to Geno Atkins it is pretty unstoppable. Hopefully he is back for the Playoffs and a SB run.

Dennard just needs to get healthy, he could be starting ahead of Kirkpatrick and is our starting nickle already.

I have really high hopes for Dennard if he can just get frickin healthy.
Reply/Quote
How was Billings looking in camp? anyone know if he looked to be a lock as a starter or consistent rotational player from game 1?
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 06:56 PM)TKUHL Wrote: How was Billings looking in camp? anyone know if he looked to be a lock as a starter or consistent rotational player from game 1?

I only saw short clips of him, but he was pushing guys backwards ala Geno. I'm sure he didn't look so good on other plays. It's hard to tell, but I think he was going to work his way into the rotation. The guy is powerful. At one time he was an O lineman, and he was steady pancaking fools. Like Nate keeps saying, Billings is a short wrecking ball. Lining up between Geno and MJ... He could be dangerous.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Good to hear it worked for you.  With Billings' pronated knees he is prone to meniscus tears from what I have read and from my experience with a long-time friend who played division I volleyball who had ongoing meniscus issues/surgeries.  Especially prone to medial meniscus tears.  It will be interesting to find out which one it was with Billings - if we ever do.  I hope our unparalleled medical/training staff has a specific plan for rehabilitation and methods for mitigating the issue in the future.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 03:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: This isn't true. Most Grade III ankle sprains heal on their own without surgery. Notice I wrote "most" not "all."  If he needed surgery in February he would have had surgery in February. 

Of course it's true. IF he would have had surgery in February he would be playing now!
Reply/Quote
Personally I think we should just IR him and give the spot to either Williams or Hardison.

I'd rather not utilize the return spot from IR on him, as we have the depth that we don't need to, and it doesn't sound like there is a need for him to get reps to get better.

Save that option to for WJ3 (or someone more important if the unthinkable happens), as DBs definitely need game action to grow.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 08:28 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Personally I think we should just IR him and give the spot to either Williams or Hardison.

I'd rather not utilize the return spot from IR on him, as we have the depth that we don't need to, and it doesn't sound like there is a need for him to get reps to get better.

Save that option to for WJ3 (or someone more important if the unthinkable happens), as DBs definitely need game action to grow.

I would agree that Marcus Hardison and or DeShaun Williams both are very very good D-linemen and I would enjoy seeing both of them playing a lot this season.Both are wrecking balls and would be super to see them playing with number 97.I so hate Billings got hurt as I was a huge fan of his and screamed all during the upcoming draft to go get him.I was so stoked to see us land this guy.He does not need to play this season.Just get super well.I have been told he is also a super super smart guy and gets everything down first time.I cannot wait to see him in a real game.
Reply/Quote