Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Blame Burrow
(10-02-2023, 01:48 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: So Rodgers had less time to recover before games and he didn’t regress into a total shitshow?

You’re proving my point.

You purposely ignored the context, and why they're different. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: I’m not sold it’s the calf. He might be hurt but he isn’t injured. What we are seeing is a mass failure on offense. This is different. It’s an implosion of the system. Likely can’t get fixed until the offseason.

Folks using Burrows injury as a clutch are just in dismay over what they are seeing and it’s the only answer they have that gives any hope that the fix is good health.

The one thing that proves this wrong is his mobility. He does not scramble at all he is favoring the leg. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 01:47 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: We can always talk about how the defense carried the offense these last two post season runs too if you want.

Let’s not pretend that Burrow was out playoff mvp.

Ok and? Guy was playing behind the likes of Isaiah Prince, Hakeem Adeniji, Max Scharping, Jackson Carman, and Cordell Volson. It’s a miracle he played as well as he did.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 01:55 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: You purposely ignored the context, and why they're different. 

You’re right.

An injury late in the season where someone has less time to recover and figure things out between games that matter is different from someone who suffers a similar injury but had over a month to recover between games.

Burrow isn’t on a rookie contract anymore. He’s the highest paid qb in the NFL now. Rodgers managed to prevent his ship from sinking in a shorter time window between games. We’re paying Burrow to be HIM. He needs to do what other top tier QBs have done.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:52 PM)jj22 Wrote: You don’t have to move to beat the blitz. Have you been watching. Check chases breakout game against the chiefs. That ball was out and quick. Check all the 2021 tape. Burrow has always been a pocket passer. A classic QB. Him being a Brady like statue back there doesn’t hirt him like you guys are making it out to. Maybe other qbs but not Burrow who has proven time and time again he can throw from a phone booth. 

Now y’all just insulting him acting like his game hasn’t been the classic pocket passer.

It's not just the movement. He can't get anything on his throws. His accuracy is in the tank because his mechanics are garbage because of the calf. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: I’m not sold it’s the calf. He might be hurt but he isn’t injured. What we are seeing is a mass failure on offense. This is different. It’s an implosion of the system. Likely can’t get fixed until the offseason.

Folks using Burrows injury as a clutch are just in dismay over what they are seeing and it’s the only answer they have that gives any hope that the fix is good health.

Hogwash, they system did not all of a sudden take away Burrow's accuracy.
Reply/Quote
No, but 4 years of taking a beating has taken it's toll as we all knew it would.

In 2020 we said he wouldn't make it if the beatings continued. They have. And we are seeing the results. Burrow looks washed and it's easy to point to the calf. It's harder and more painful to point to the fact we all knew he'd be done by year 5 if he wasn't protected.

The system is the issue too as 5 years of any system is easily solved. These are professional coaches Zac is facing. Give them 5 years and they will break the code of any "great" defense / offense.

it's extremely hard to not score a TD in the first half in 4 games. Even with a qb with a bad calf.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I can't get onboard with "Blame Burrow" because most athletes are going to try and take the field to compete. If he shouldn't be out there, it's on the organization to keep him on the sidelines. He's a QB which is a position that is expected to take accountability, lead, and play.

It appears he should be healing up so I hope the team makes the right decision.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:24 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's not just the movement. He can't get anything on his throws. His accuracy is in the tank because his mechanics are garbage because of the calf. 

And that was no more evident than on the play where he missed on the downfield throw to Tyler Boyd, who had his man beat for a potential trip to the house.  Under normal circumstances, Burrow makes that connection 99/100.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Zac is the Head Coach. His job is to be the adult in the room who steers the team regardless of if the players prefer it. He might not make the right decision, but it's his decision to make as long as he's the head coach and is collecting that paycheck.

SHOULD Burrow sit himself? Yes. Is it his fault he won't? No. That's not his job.

Ok. I'm just going to throw this out there and it's probably a silly question. However, your post makes me wonder, is it possible JB has it in his contract that he determines when he will play? I mean, yes, it removes the power of the coach to make that decision, but organizations lose more control of players every year. Why would you ask such a silly question dog? Well, after seeing JB out there in an unwinnable game, play until the end. I can't imagine our coaching staff being that flipping stupid to leave him out there. 

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 10:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hogwash, they system did not all of a sudden take away Burrow's accuracy.

Right? People act like this wasn't a top 5 passing unit last year. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 10:54 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Right? People act like this wasn't a top 5 passing unit last year. 

In the second half of games? Certainly not in the first half. Or the first half of the season.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling we are going to look back on this time and conclude Joe should have been sitting. Right now, 1-3 wasn't worth it.
Reply/Quote
He definitely deserves most the blame
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 11:06 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I have a feeling we are going to look back on this time and conclude Joe should have been sitting. Right now, 1-3 wasn't worth it.

I still think the how of 3-3 is worth it only if Burrow can play well enough

If he can’t even play well enough then there’s no reason he should play
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I read his post-game interview. He says he feels good and teams not executing.

So many have said take Burrow at his word, so im going to take him at his word that is he playing bad and that the calf is not the main issue.
Reply/Quote
There’s no possible way Browning or McCarron can do worse. We’ve been blown out by two teams that likely won’t even make the playoffs. To beat Burrow and this offense right now, all you have to do is pressure the QB and press the receivers, and the play is dead. He can’t complete a ball over 10 yards, and he can’t extend a play if the first read is covered. Burrow isn’t even a backup caliber NFL Qb right now. Literally any QB that can take a snap under center, utilize play action, and just move, is an upgrade.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 11:06 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I have a feeling we are going to look back on this time and conclude Joe should have been sitting.  Right now, 1-3 wasn't worth it.

It's easy to look back in hindsight and say those sort of things.  At the onset of the season, most were assuming Joe was close to healthy, and that his condition would likely improve over the course of a few games.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He doesn’t move. He can’t throw deep. Did he lose the ability all of a sudden?

Anytime he has time to throw deep, there's no one running a deep route. It's all in the playcalling & protection, which has been horrible.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:43 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dude, it's the calf. 

He can't move in the pocket. He has nothing on his throws. He can't plant or drive the ball down field. It's effecting his other mechanics and he's not nearly as accurate. 

To think it's anything other than the calf is just crazy. Are you watching him out there? He's a sitting duck. Defenses will continue to game plan to blitz the shit out of him. At this point I'm more worried about him getting injured other than the calf. He can't escape pressure. It's irrisponsible as shit for ZT to keep running him out there. 

It's irresponsible to keep playing the spread offense. We need max protect & a 50/50 run pass ratio.
Reply/Quote