Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bombs mailed to Hillary, Obama
Lou Dobbs and Rush Limbaugh are already blaming democrats for sending the bombs.

Sure that a couple of the regulars around here think the same thing. Anyone who believes that Trump has never promoted violence would believe anything the right wing echo chamber tells him to believe.
(10-25-2018, 12:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Well, he did call a guy a "great guy" for body slamming a reporter, saying that being able to do that makes him "my type [of guy]".

He promised to pay the legal fees of anyone who "knocks the hell [out]" of protestors at his rally and said he'd like to punch protestors in the face. At one point he said of a protestor being taking out that "if you do [hurt him], I'll defend you in court. Don't worry about it".  

Ok, but BESIDES THAT what has he done?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-25-2018, 06:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lou Dobbs and Rush Limbaugh are already blaming democrats for sending the bombs.

Sure that a couple of the regulars around here think the same thing.  Anyone who believes that Trump has never promoted violence would believe anything the right wing echo chamber tells him to believe.

I'm pretty sure it was the press.  
(10-25-2018, 06:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lou Dobbs and Rush Limbaugh are already blaming democrats for sending the bombs.

Sure that a couple of the regulars around here think the same thing.  Anyone who believes that Trump has never promoted violence would believe anything the right wing echo chamber tells him to believe.

You DO realize that Rush is proven to be correct on 99.7% of the predictions that he makes?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-25-2018, 06:14 PM)Dill Wrote: Funny you should say that. When German Democratic Republic called itself "democratic," few Americans believed them.  But when they called themselves "communist" most people did believe them.

If we are talking about Marx's version of Communism, the goal was not only democracy and equality, but also for the state to "wither away."

It's always amazing to me how selective people can be in that regard.

(10-25-2018, 06:31 PM)Benton Wrote: If you want to start a fun argument with Libertarians, tell them the best way to boost their party numbers would be to start partnering with their local Communist party.

I've had that conversation. It is a great time.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-25-2018, 07:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You DO realize that Rush is proven to be correct on 99.7% of the predictions that he makes?

I really hope this is a joking post.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Yeah, you good folks provided examples of where Trump condoned violence; even if it's only figurative. However, I haven't seen anyone blame the Left for this. 

It is a possibility that a left-leaner is behind these mailings and it is a possibility that it is a Trump supporter. This is why I said earlier, we should probably wait before assigning motive. 

If you would have asked me back in 1980 who is responsible for the child murders in Atlanta, I would have guaranteed it was a white supremacist. I've learned not to draw conclusions. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-25-2018, 08:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, you good folks provided examples of where Trump condoned violence; even if it's only figurative. 

Watch out, Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Bfine is gunning for your job. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-25-2018, 08:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Watch out, Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Bfine is gunning for your job. 

Yeah, that was just in response to folks telling me When Holder said to kick people when they went low, it was just figurative; nothing to do with violence. 

But yeah, Trump deserves a great deal of blame for the current climate. I'm just amused by those that call him out and then advocate the exact same thing. 

If I had my wish, Trump would resign and admit he is part of the culture and looks for the Nation to heal and turn it over to President Pence. Of course this is not going to happen so I'm not going to waste my time banging my head on the wall. 

(10-25-2018, 08:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, that was just in response to folks telling me When Holder said to kick people when they went low, it was just figurative; nothing to do with violence. 

But yeah, Trump deserves a great deal of blame for the current climate. I'm just amused by those that call him out and then advocate the exact same thing. 

If I had my wish, Trump would resign and admit he is part of the culture and looks for the Nation to heal and turn it over to President Pence. Of course this is not going to happen so I'm not going to waste my time banging my head on the wall. 

Out of curiosity, who advocated for attacking protestors? 

(10-25-2018, 09:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Out of curiosity, who advocated for attacking protestors? 

I have 0 idea what this question has to do with the post you quoted. 

I'm rational enough to realize the hate comes from both sides, but as I clearly demonstrated folks here think when it comes from the Left it's figurative, but when it come for the right, it's promoting violence. 

Did you notice the posters remained silent or chimed in with "hell yeah and this..." when examples of Trump's rhetoric, but when examples are shown from the other side it's figurative or because Trump?  Hell, you might even be one of them

(10-25-2018, 11:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have 0 idea what this question has to do with the post you quoted. 

I'm rational enough to realize the hate comes from both sides, but as I clearly demonstrated folks here think when it comes from the Left it's figurative, but when it come for the right, it's promoting violence. 

Did you notice the posters remained silent or chimed in with "hell yeah and this..." when examples of Trump's rhetoric, but when examples are shown from the other side it's figurative or because Trump?  Hell, you might even be one of them

You said "I'm just amused by those that call him out and then advocate the exact same thing. "

So I asked who. 

(10-25-2018, 11:47 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You said "I'm just amused by those that call him out and then advocate the exact same thing. "

So I asked who. 

Yeah, I guess somehow, someway I missed the correlation of you suggesting I wanted SHS job with someone attacking protesters. 

As to the "exact same thing" it was condoning, advocating, promoting violence. 

Do you have any thoughts on the broader issue or just the attacking protesters thing? Because I still gotta admit I'm missing the relevance of the pointed question.

(10-25-2018, 11:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I guess somehow, someway I missed the correlation of you suggesting I wanted SHS job with someone attacking protesters. 

As to the "exact same thing" it was condoning, advocating, promoting violence. 

Do you have any thoughts on the broader issue or just the attacking protesters thing? Because I still gotta admit I'm missing the relevance of the pointed question.

Twice now I've asked and you can't say who. I guess it's my fault for expecting more from you than just your usual games.

(10-26-2018, 12:05 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Twice now I've asked and you can't say who. I guess it's my fault for expecting more from you than just your usual games.

No doubt it is I playing the game and you're correct to place the blame upon yourself.

I guess the answer you are looking for is Trump, but I cannot be sure because I'm not him (such a bullshit answer isn't it).

The bigger point is do both sides do it; I think I've asked that once or twice, But if we must contain it to specific cases:

Who suggested kicking people?

Who mused about bombing the White House?

Who posted a image of POTUS' severed head?

Who has said they want to have a fist fight with POTUS?

I could go on or we both can pretend you had a point. 

(10-25-2018, 08:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, you good folks provided examples of where Trump condoned violence; even if it's only figurative. However, I haven't seen anyone blame the Left for this. 

It is a possibility that a left-leaner is behind these mailings and it is a possibility that it is a Trump supporter. This is why I said earlier, we should probably wait before assigning motive. 

If you would have asked me back in 1980 who is responsible for the child murders in Atlanta, I would have guaranteed it was a white supremacist. I've learned not to draw conclusions. 

Mellow

(10-10-2018, 09:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well what do we think about the former Attorney General's statement:
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/10/eric-holder-when-they-go-low-we-kick-them/

I personally don't like his call for violence.

(10-19-2018, 01:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I, personally, don't understand how someone can see this as a call for literal violence rather than a reference to metaphorical violence.

I mean, the whole "going low" commentary is based on a metaphorical boxing match between opponents in which one fights dirty with a low blow. Holder is just saying that if they are going to be dirty, then let's roll around in the mud.

Disclaimer: this is in no way intended to be interpreted as my agreement with Holder's statement, only an explanation.

(10-19-2018, 02:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the point you are missing is that the Left is the one that came up with the going low analogy in this instance. So they are assigning the action (of hypothetical violence) to both sides.

If the Right had said "we'll go low" then you may have a point.

(10-19-2018, 02:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It has been explained to Fred Holder bastardized a call by Michelle for civility to a call for escalation of violence. 

You can save the attempts at explanations and insults and have a good weekend.

(10-19-2018, 02:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He said kick them. Kicking someone is a violent act.

It's not running away; it's realizing that the people you are talking to have assumed the task of telling you, what you are saying and you are no longer required in the conversation.

Have a good weekend. 

"figuratively"

(10-25-2018, 08:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, that was just in response to folks telling me When Holder said to kick people when they went low, it was just figurative; nothing to do with violence. 

If I had my wish, Trump would resign and admit he is part of the culture and looks for the Nation to heal and turn it over to President Pence. 

If you really wanted Trump to step down you'd stop defending everything he says and does.

(10-25-2018, 08:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course this is not going to happen so I'm not going to waste my time banging my head on the wall. 

I understand that feeling.... Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/gop-lobbyist-goes-berserk-yelling-msnbcs-hallie-jackson-bad-manners-blame-mail-bombs/

Quote:GOP lobbyist goes berserk yelling at MSNBC’s Hallie Jackson about how bad ‘manners’ are to blame for mail bombs

Conservative activist Matt Schlapp became agitated and shouted at an MSNBC host on Thursday after blaming the recent mail bombs on bad “manners.”

During an interview on MSNBC, host Hallie Jackson asked Schlapp if President Donald Trump bears any responsibility for at least seven explosive devices that targeted Democratic figures on Wednesday.

Schlapp answered by pointing out that Republicans have been “run out of restaurants, told that there’s no place in society for them.”

“They have to literally eat their meal in their homes because people [verbally] attack them,” Schlapp continued. “I think the problem we’re going to get into now with your question is, who’s at fault?”

“I think we’re all at fault,” the conservative activist opined. “Because we’ve lost our manners. I, myself, I find, I have to remind myself, like, we’re each human beings and we ought to be treated with some respect.”

According to Schlapp, “there’s a lot of blame to go around” and the “mainstream media has a lot to do with why we communicate like this.”

“You talk about manners here,” Jackson noted. “You talk about the climate that we’re in, you mention the media…. Does President Trump himself and the language that he uses and the way that he conducts himself bear any responsibility for the lack of civility that you’re talking about?”

Schlapp quickly forgot about his own lesson on manners, raising his voice at Jackson.

“Each one of us does!” Schlapp exclaimed. “I think the difference with Trump is much of the coverage, starting last night, turned into this: Trump is responsible for the fact that our politics seem to be more coarse. And that’s exactly the problem! Which is, people in the media, too quickly, want to blame Trump for almost everything!”

“Do you know what’s it’s like to have the former top law enforcement official in the United States — like Eric Holder — say it’s okay to kick people like me?” the conservative griped. “I don’t think that’s appropriate! I want to see that highlight reel!”

“Hold on!” Jackson retorted. “Holder did say he wasn’t talking about anything illegal, he wasn’t talking about anything appropriate. He specifically clarified that.”

As Jackson made her point, Schlapp continued to shout: “It’s assault and battery! He shouldn’t say it! Nobody criticized him except Michelle Obama!”

“He specifically said that it was a metaphor,” Jackson reminded Schlapp.

“Nice try,” Schlapp shot back.

As Jackson tried to formulate her next question, Schlapp refused to stop yelling at the MSNBC host.

“Eric Holder’s is much worse [than Donald Trump’s rhetoric]!” Schlapp exclaimed.

Following the interview, Jackson asked Philipe Reines, a former adviser to Hillary Clinton, to react to Schlapp’s words.

“My head wanted to explode,” Reines explained. “He has no point. And I’ll tell you why. Matt is doing what is the absolute problem here. He is somehow equating Sarah Sanders getting a free cheese plate and being politely asked to leave before her Cornish hen supper comes out with someone sending bombs to murder Barack and Michelle Obama, Bill and Hillary Clinton, sitting members of Congress.”

“These are not the same,” he added.

Watch the video below from MSNBC.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
The Van is a disaster for Trump and his defenders calling it a Dem hoax and acting like it wasn't real (Trump referencing bombs in quotes). Glad they caught this guy. Great work by our Law Enforcement and Postal Services.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(10-25-2018, 11:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm rational enough to realize the hate comes from both sides, 

No you re not.  You had no idea Trump had promoted violence.

(10-25-2018, 11:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: but as I clearly demonstrated folks here think when it comes from the Left it's figurative, but when it come for the right, it's promoting violence. 

There is nothing "figurative" about a congressman pleading guilty to physically assaulting a reporter.  That is 100% real physical violence and Trump thought it was great.
Glad it seems they caught the guy. (Of course it was "a Florida man".)

Interesting thing I didn't see until just recently, though....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/police-find-packages-sent-to-ex-us-intel-chief-clapper-us-sen-booker/ar-BBOVLpa?OCID=ansmsnnews11
Quote:Investigators have declined to say whether the devices were built to be functional. Bomb experts and security analysts say that based on their rudimentary construction it appeared they were more likely designed to sow fear rather than to kill.

The parcels each consisted of a manila envelope with a bubble-wrap interior containing "potentially destructive devices," the FBI said.

Never had heard before now that they were likely nonfunctional bombs. Not that it doesn't make it less of a F'ed up thing to do, but surprised that hasn't been a bigger mentioned point. Maybe they didn't want to point it out too much until they caught the person just in case they thought they were making legit bombs, you don't want to tell them they're messing up and give them a chance to improve?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]