Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon LaFell visiting the Bengals
Rand Getlin breaking the news
Reply/Quote
#hype.

Just saw it on B/R.

I'd be interested in him being our #2 and rookie being #3 until he gets comfortable.. Unless we draft a WR later on.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
That's cool. Why did the Pats pass on him?
Reply/Quote
Would be a great get for the bengals. While not a number one WR you could count on 40-60 catches. This is a great visit and hopefully not just kicking the tires. If a contract is agreed upon I Would imagine a 2-3 year contract for roughly 3m/year.

Edit- probably a little low

Maybe 3 year 13.5m

That is what kearse signed for in seattle

Or a 1 year 3m or 2 year 8
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 12:04 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: That's cool. Why did the Pats pass on him?

not sure, he has almost 1000 yards 2 years ago.

Seems like the pats like smaller quick possession guys.  Using the pass as an extension of the run game
Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gDRvZaBSW1E

Some highlights of him when he was with Panthers and Patriots.

Reply/Quote
I know he's had some drops, but this 3rd Round pick (2010) put up some decent stats (almost 1000 yards) in his first year (2014) with Brady. He was hurt and missed 5 games last year, but he could help us deal with the loss of MLJ and Sanu. He makes alot of big plays.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 12:15 PM)Shady Wrote: I know he's had some drops, but this 3rd Round pick (2010) put up some decent stats (almost 1000 yards) in his first year (2014) with Brady. He was hurt and missed 5 games last year, but he could help us deal with the loss of MLJ and Sanu. He makes alot of big plays.

Agree, I still think you need to drFt a rookie, but he isn't exactly old and could help
Reply/Quote
Looked good in 2014.

Missed first five games of '15 with a foot injury and when he returned he never worked his way back into the main rotation. Still had 515 yards in 11 games which would work out to over 750 in a full season.

Not a top prospect, but fits the mold of what the Bengals are looking for.
Reply/Quote
It's something. Was on many members short list.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I guess we liked this first Brandon we got from the Pats, we have to try a second one.
[Image: brandon-tate-bengals.jpg]
I wonder if Lafell will stay forever, too. Mellow
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Been calling for this all week. Hopefully they can get a deal done. One of the most talented Wide Receivers left (yes it is a weak group).
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Depending on price, cool. However, many on here the other day called him better than Sanu, and look what Sanu got? I'm thinking at-worst, he's in that same ballpark...maybe a bit less, but it's not like he's going to sign at a bargain price.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 12:25 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Depending on price, cool. However, many on here the other day called him better than Sanu, and look what Sanu got? I'm thinking at-worst, he's in that same ballpark...maybe a bit less, but it's not like he's going to sign at a bargain price.

I don't see him commanding more than $4-5m/ a year.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 12:17 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Agree, I still think you need to drFt a rookie, but he isn't exactly old and could help

He's an MLJ replacement. Here's a nice write up on him. He's 6'3" and 210. Pretty good size for a guy on the outside. Take him and draft Coleman?
Reply/Quote
I would think the Bengals try to get him to sign for around $3 million per. Haven't heard of any other visits for him to this point so that could help.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 12:31 PM)Shady Wrote: He's an MLJ replacement. Here's a nice write up on him. He's 6'3" and 210. Pretty good size for a guy on the outside. Take him and draft Coleman?

I'd be up to take Coleman or draft a LB/DT in 1st and get Braxton Miller or Sterling Shephard in the 2nd?

Reply/Quote
So Sanu gets 32.5M/5 years and he will sign for 3M? I'll believe it when I see it. He made 3.675M last season.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 12:33 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: So Sanu gets 32.5M/5 years and he will sign for 3M? I'll believe it when I see it. He made 3.675M last season.

Travis Benjamin got 24m/4 years and Rishard Matthews got 15m/3 years..

I would say both are better than Sanu and I think we can both agree that Sanu got overpaid by a lot.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 12:32 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I'd be up to take Coleman or draft a LB/DT in 1st and get Braxton Miller or Sterling Shephard in the 2nd?

If they think Alford is ready for the slot, it could go LB/DT in the first. If if they don't think Alford is all the way there, Shephard or Pharoah Cooper would be good 2nd round picks if we sign Lafell. 

Looking at the other posters talking about the $ he'll command, I'd rather put that money into an Eifert extenision.
Reply/Quote