Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal!
(03-12-2018, 05:59 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: 10 spots isnt a lot of capital if you were in the position the Bengals were in. A lot of the offensive line prospects and guys they were looking at werent worth picking at 12. 

They filled a need without actually giving away a draft pick. Its not like they gave up their first round pick all together. 

I really like the move. 

Willing to wait and see.  If he holds down the LT spot, great.  But he hasn't been holding down much for the last couple years.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:01 PM)McC Wrote: Willing to wait and see.  If he holds down the LT spot, great.  But he hasn't been holding down much for the last couple years.  

At some point you have to take a risk, especially if the goal is to win now. Im willing to give them the benefit of the doubt regarding this deal. Im at least happy they are TRYING something anything, to improve the team. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 05:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: How much of that hit is ours though? I believe part of it is the Bills as prorated bonus payments stay with the old team when players are traded. 

Trading Glenn before that roster bonus is due on March 18th would be a good cost-saving move, especially if the concerns about his injury linger. While it would result in $9.6 million in dead cap space in 2018(resulting from the acceleration of three years of the $3.2 million portions of his pro-rated signing bonus), that’s still less than his $14.45 million cap hit, netting $4.85 million in cap space.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm seeing stuff online that suggest our hit in 2018 will be 4.85 million?

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2018/01/19/fan-friday-1-19/

Quote:What do you think Cordy Glenn’s future is with the Bills? If they move on, does he have trade value with that contract?
Josh McCarty
@Josh_McCarty28
CB: Step one for Glenn is to get back to full health following the latest procedure on his foot. By all accounts he is doing very well in his rehabilitation and is on track to be full go for the start of the offseason conditioning program in April.
I do understand why there is speculation about Glenn being a trade option for the Bills, knowing how well Dion Dawkins performed at left tackle in Glenn’s absence.
Taking that hypothetical situation a step further, it’s obvious that Glenn’s cap figure for 2018 ($14.45M) is second only to Tyrod Taylor ($18M) on Buffalo’s roster.
But to move Glenn via trade or outright release prior to June 1st would only give Buffalo a cap savings of $4.85M with $9.6M in dead money still on their books.
If the Bills moved him after June 1st, such a move becomes more fiscally responsible.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:03 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: At some point you have to take a risk, especially if the goal is to win now. Im willing to give them the benefit of the doubt regarding this deal. Im at least happy they are TRYING something anything, to improve the team. 

I agree with that.   Maybe it's just the shock to the system that's throwing me.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Like it or not (and I don't know squat about the guy to judge one way or the other), the end result of the trade is a massive upgrade. Don't tell me you'd rather have Ced after all.
Reply/Quote
Color me impressed !

So unlike the usual Mike Brown, doing something that could really help the team.
Reply/Quote
so we picking around 21 now? perfect spot for a Center
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:07 PM)snowy Wrote: Like it or not (and I don't know squat about the guy to judge one way or the other), the end result of the trade is a massive upgrade. Don't tell me you'd rather have Ced after all.

It’s amazing, it opens up the draft.

If Cordy Glenn was a FA he would be the second best LT behind solder, even with foot injuries. He would have cost 3x as much. And all for 9 spots in the 1st
Reply/Quote
Love the player, not stoked about the value but love getting Glenn. They did basically give up a 2nd Rd, call it high 3rd if you consider the variance of trade chart value and late round swap I guess. Even if the rumor had us thinking he could be had cheaper, it's hard to land a LT, let alone an elite one. It's a gamble with the injuries, but the bigger issue for me is the timing. If a guy like Edmunds slipped to 12 I'd jump on him, but they must be sure that won't happen and they wouldn't be able to make the FA moves to justify taking a true BPA. Maybe they end up OL but Bills now in better shape for a QB.
Reply/Quote
I can dig it. Like many have said most of the players that fill a need/want for the Bengals will still be there at 21. Cordy is a good one when he's healthy. Solid move
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 05:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: Where we can comfortably get our RT or C. Good move.
 Exactly, I would hope for D James or R Smith then Price in the 2nd although wouldn't be opposed to McGlinskey at 21 then Price in the 2nd 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: so we picking around 21 now?  perfect spot for a Center

Would we really draft a C in the first round?  The shock of such a thing would be overwhelming.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:04 PM)Joelist Wrote: I'm seeing stuff online that suggest our hit in 2018 will be 4.85 million?

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2018/01/19/fan-friday-1-19/

I dont know exactly that is just how much the bills save.  They still have to account for signing bonus on their books so we will just get base salary.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cordy-glenn-9851/

According to this our cap hit will be 11.5 mil about for this year 9.5 mil in base and 2 mil roster bonus
Reply/Quote
hasn't had one healthy full season in the past two years. Hes the Eifert of OT...

Lets hope he stays healthy...not holding my breath.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I dont know exactly that is just how much the bills save.  They still have to account for signing bonus on their books so we will just get base salary.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cordy-glenn-9851/

According to this our cap hit will be 11.5 mil about for this year 9.5 mil in base and 2 mil roster bonus

That makes more sense than 4.85 million. We take on salary and any bonuses not yet paid out. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:13 PM)GodFather Wrote: hasn't had one healthy full season. Hes the Eifert of OT...

Lets hope he stays healthy...not holding my breath.

He played every game in 4 straight seasons before the foot injury that cost him parts of the last two.
Reply/Quote
Wonder if this signifies the end for MJ and LaFell.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 05:54 PM)McC Wrote: His 2018 salary, including roster bonus, will be $11.2 mil, with a cap hit over 14 mil.

Wrong.

We are on the hook for 3 years for $30 million.

$11.5 cap hit this year, $9.25 in '19 and '20.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:13 PM)GodFather Wrote: hasn't had one healthy full season. Hes the Eifert of OT...

The thing about this is, it’s not true.

Reply/Quote