Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal!
(03-13-2018, 12:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If that was something that actually existed...

Ha ha ha.....there are a few.  I'm not saying you are, by the way, but some people get a little antsy when folks are constantly criticizing them.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 12:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That thought came to my mind, almost immediately; is it completely in the realm of possibility, that Ogbuehi gets traded for a 7th round guy, type of thing? Clearly, they don't want him starting at this point, thus rendering him possibly expendable.

Will be interesting to see, at this point, especially since they declined his option (Don't think it came time yet, actually) and they won't have him after this year.

I just don't see him being traded. Released, yes, Traded, no. I mean, c'mon, who's going to want him...... the rest of the league has seen him play too.....
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 07:17 PM)cooper Wrote: this dude is injured more often than not..could have drafted a younger left tackle at 12

Wrong - he started 3 straight seasons before a lingering foot injury took him out of PARTS of the last two years.  He's apparently healthy and our Med staff will or won't approved this.

I wish people would get their facts straight.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 11:50 AM)jowczarski Wrote: Sorry for being MIA for a bit - took some much needed vacation time. Don't have time to cycle through all 12 pages, but to me - this is a win for the Bengals all day (I'm assuming he'll pass his physical and be healthy for the trade to be approved). He was the best left tackle "available" and the club made a big move. My people there said the thing that likely clinched it was that they didn't have to truly give up a 1 to do it either - that they stayed in the first round was key.
Thought it was safe to schedule a Vacation during Free Agency as a Bengal writer huh. I don't blame you!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
You also have to wonder just how much the Bengals wanted to find a way to get to their secret favorite first-round draft spot, number 21.
They've been at that spot a lot in the past decade.
2010, 2012 before the trade-back with NE, 2013, 2015, and now 2018.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 12:26 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Ha ha ha.....there are a few.  I'm not saying you are, by the way, but some people get a little antsy when folks are constantly criticizing them.

Fair enough. I didn’t mean to derail the thread btw. This is a positive thing!

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 12:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I just don't see him being traded. Released, yes, Traded, no. I mean, c'mon, who's going to want him...... the rest of the league has seen him play too.....

Indeed, hence why I said 7th round; that's probably all that would be offered! lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 12:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Fair enough. I didn’t mean to derail the thread btw. This is a positive thing!

Indeed it is.  Even if it doesn't work out in the end, this is EXACTLY the kind of move several people have been clamoring for quite some time.  This is the type of trade/FA signing the Bengals have really needed to make, instead of over the hill or reclamation types.  Adding Baker was a decent depth move, and this trade is a really good, and creative move to address a HUGE weakness on this team.  In fact, it was their Achilles Heel.  You'll get no complaints from me.  I can't be upset even if he flops, because on paper, this is a homerun.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 09:40 AM)Wyche Wrote: You could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw this.  He's been injured quite a bit lately, but if he can stay healthy, we just got a damn fine LT.  It's a *little* bit risky, but a very good move by the FO, and didn't really hamper us that badly to do it.  I gotta say, I guess we were quick to jump the gun on calling out a lack of aggressive moves to right the ship.  

Also, this sure doesn't look good for Ogbuehi......you trade for a guy of this caliber, who graded 28 points higher than you while playing hurt, and they signed Baker off the street.  If this don't light a fire under his ass, nothing will!

EDIT:  Shit.....not Baker, Hart.....lol.

With how I've seen him backpedal, he could be our next lock down corner....just needs to slim down a bit
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 12:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: Thought it was safe to schedule a Vacation during Free Agency as a Bengal writer huh. I don't blame you!

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

True that!  The times, they have changed a bit this offseason! Cheers 

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 12:32 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: With how I've seen him backpedal, he could be our next lock down corner....just needs to slim down a bit

LMAO!  World's biggest slot corner? Tongue

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 12:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pointing out how inaccurate a statement was is whining now? Good god the Dalton fan club is a sensitive bunch.

Nothing inaccurate about the statement in which you responded to. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 09:12 AM)cooper Wrote: when a football player weighing 340lbs   starts having foot and ankle injuries..the end is not far off

it is what it is

Yeah, just like Andre Smith.  hasn't been able to play since his foot injury his rookie year.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 12:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: Indeed it is.  Even if it doesn't work out in the end, this is EXACTLY the kind of move several people have been clamoring for quite some time.  This is the type of trade/FA signing the Bengals have really needed to make, instead of over the hill or reclamation types.  Adding Baker was a decent depth move, and this trade is a really good, and creative move to address a HUGE weakness on this team.  In fact, it was their Achilles Heel.  You'll get no complaints from me.  I can't be upset even if he flops, because on paper, this is a homerun.

As Truck would say...Stop it.  Cool

Baker will be starting. He's not a depth guy. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 12:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Fair enough. I didn’t mean to derail the thread btw. This is a positive thing!

You didn't derail it, dude. You were spot on. I'm 99% certain that the hypersensitive rank and file of the Dalton Cult lives out of market and has never actually seen him play throughout an entire season. I'm considering taking up a collection and buying the handful of them their own Sunday ticket. The only thing holding me back is that I don't want to be responsible for the sudden dip in Bengals fan population due to the collective offing of themselves after watching "The Infallible One" put up another one of these gems: Prime Time Thursday Night Football against the mighty Cleveland Browns (This is where I go Wyche and post a  Ninja after ribbing someone as to keep things PC)  Ninja  Also, if you can't tell, I'm being funny. Unless you're hypersensitive and take yourself seriously... then you shouldn't be reading my posts. Tongue

Seriously, though, I think the addition of Cordy Glenn at Left Tackle will help. However, please note that in the above clips (Bengals all time great) Andrew Whitworth was the Left Tackle. Don't expect miracles with this move. The biggest thing wrong with the offense is the inconsistency of the guy taking the snaps. The offense will be as good as he is.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 01:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As Truck would say...Stop it.  Cool

Dunno about that, honestly.

Kat Terrell tweeted out this morning that Baker's 1-year deal only has $300k guaranteed.
https://twitter.com/Kat_Terrell/status/973534504123092992

Plus, Vincent Rey's cap hit this season is $2.725 mill and he's a backup. So Baker could very well be the same.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 01:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As Truck would say...Stop it.  Cool

Maybe.....or maybe Glasgow/Billings beats him out in camp?  Hell, if they get their heads outta their asses, MJ could compete there as well.  Anywho, at the very least, Baker IS solid depth, wouldn't you agree?

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 01:21 PM)PDub80 Wrote: You didn't derail it, dude. You were spot on. I'm 99% certain that the hypersensitive rank and file of the Dalton Cult lives out of market and has never actually seen him play throughout an entire season. I'm considering taking up a collection and buying the handful of them their own Sunday ticket. The only thing holding me back is that I don't want to be responsible for the sudden dip in Bengals fan population due to the collective offing of themselves after watching "The Infallible One" put up another one of these gems: Prime Time Thursday Night Football against the mighty Cleveland Browns (This is where I go Wyche and post a  Ninja after ribbing someone as to keep things PC)  Ninja  Tongue

Seriously, though, I think the addition of Cordy Glenn at Left Tackle will help. However, please note that in the above clips (Bengals all time great) Andrew Whitworth was the Left Tackle. Don't expect miracles with this move. The biggest thing wrong with the offense is the inconsistency of the guy taking the snaps. The offense will be as good as he is.

I only keep it PC with posters I like. Mellow

As to the deal with Dalton, when he has time, he is more often prone to have good games these days than he is abominations. So, the move to solidify LT is a bit more of an improvement than you think. Not to mention the help it will provide the run game.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 01:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Dunno about that, honestly.

Kat Terrell tweeted out this morning that Baker's 1-year deal only has $300k guaranteed.
https://twitter.com/Kat_Terrell/status/973534504123092992

Plus, Vincent Rey's cap hit this season is $2.725 mill and he's a backup. So Baker could very well be the same.

Hey, what's this?  Another solid move on the FOs part?  I can't read twitter here at work, but I assume the contract is incentive laden?  If so, that's a smart move on their part.  I think I mentioned something like that in Shake's thread.  People were concerned with his effort/locker room issues, but if the FO made it heavily incentive based, it would be a smart signing.  Low risk/high reward.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 01:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: I only keep it PC with posters I like. Mellow

+Rep
Reply/Quote