Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Whit to Rams
(03-09-2017, 09:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Hobson already bringing up the vaunted 5th round comp pick we'll get for Whit.  Rolleyes

Man......**** them.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good luck Whit! You've been one of the best!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: Even at serviceable.....he's better than the alternative....who isn't even that.

Which is possible.  We don't know what we will get out of (presumably) Og, Fisher, a rookie, or a vet replacement next year.  Much of that depends on how much faith you have in Og. For most of us,it's shxt in one hand, hope in the other.  For the Bengals organization, who blew a 1st round pick on the kid despite a torn ACL that pretty well wiped out his rookie season, they have to have more or they wouldn't have taken him.  Lots of people forget that Bolling was forced to start some games at RG as a rookie, and he blew.  The next year on the left side and after bulking up, he played well.  Og could be like Bolling, or he could be like Bodine.

Again, I can't fault Whit for taking the money and I can't fault the Bengals for not offering a similar deal when they presume that they have his replacement in house.
Reply/Quote
I was just watching NFL Total Access. They asked ex-GM Charlie Casserly what was the most ridiculous contract from day 1 of FA. His response...."signing Andrew Whitworth to a 3 yr contract with $15M guaranteed for a guy who can only practice once a week".
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:27 AM)Beaker Wrote: I was just watching NFL Total Access. They asked ex-GM Charlie Casserly what was the most ridiculous contract from day 1 of FA. His response...."signing Andrew Whitworth to a 3 yr contract with $15M guaranteed for a guy who can only practice once a week".

I think they'll probably waive him after Year 2.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:30 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think they'll probably waive him after Year 2.

If they make him practice more than 1 day a week, he may not make it to year 2.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:02 PM)Whatever Wrote: Which is possible.  We don't know what we will get out of (presumably) Og, Fisher, a rookie, or a vet replacement next year.  Much of that depends on how much faith you have in Og. For most of us,it's shxt in one hand, hope in the other.  For the Bengals organization, who blew a 1st round pick on the kid despite a torn ACL that pretty well wiped out his rookie season, they have to have more or they wouldn't have taken him.  Lots of people forget that Bolling was forced to start some games at RG as a rookie, and he blew.  The next year on the left side and after bulking up, he played well.  Og could be like Bolling, or he could be like Bodine.

Again, I can't fault Whit for taking the money and I can't fault the Bengals for not offering a similar deal when they presume that they have his replacement in house.

I get that....and agree 100% with your post.  I guess where I am is that I don't trust this staff.  Ogbuehi wasn't just out physicaled.....he was lost.  Technique was shit...positioning.....lunging on run plays.....you name it.  He wasn't manhandled....it was like he wasn't even there.  That's what concerns me.

As for Whit and Z.....the team could have extended them last year for friendlier deals and this all a moot point.  They got caught with their pants down and no backup plan.  Terrible.

Reply/Quote
I understand Whit taking the money and running. He is on his last deal, he needs to get paid. I wish him the best. Absolutely love they guy and I wish he could have stayed.

I just think if the Bengals had offered him around 2 years 20 million, (10M guaranteed) he would have. He was definitely worth that.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:35 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: I understand Whit taking the money and running.  He is on his last deal, he needs to get paid.  I wish him the best.  Absolutely love they guy and I wish he could have stayed.

I just think if the Bengals had offered him around 2 years 20 million, (10M guaranteed) he would have.  He was definitely worth that.

Yes he was, but that would have meant spending more than the 15 million allotted for FA.  Whatever

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:35 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: I understand Whit taking the money and running.  He is on his last deal, he needs to get paid.  I wish him the best.  Absolutely love they guy and I wish he could have stayed.

I just think if the Bengals had offered him around 2 years 20 million, (10M guaranteed) he would have.  He was definitely worth that.

Hell....they coulda tagged him for less than the Rams paid.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:33 AM)Wyche Wrote: Ogbuehi wasn't just out physicaled.....he was lost.  Technique was shit...positioning.....lunging on run plays.....you name it.  He wasn't manhandled....it was like he wasn't even there.  

Out of football for a year, then thrown into a starting role in the NFL without really having a training camp or preseason under his belt first. Could have something to do with his suckitude....just saying. I am willing to see what he can do after having gotten some experience, a full off season of working out, OTAs training camp and preseason. 
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:40 AM)Beaker Wrote: Out of football for a year, then thrown into a starting role in the NFL without really having a training camp or preseason under his belt first. Could have something to do with his suckitude....just saying. I am willing to see what he can do after having gotten some experience, a full off season of working out, OTAs training camp and preseason. 

Fine.  If he gets that excuse.....why were his coaches dumb enough to leave him out there? It was painfully obvious he was out of his league after week 1. I'm not so much indicting the young man as am his shit show of a coaching staff and FO.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: Fine.  If he gets that excuse.....why were his coaches dumb enough to leave him out there? It was painfully obvious he was out of his league after week 1. I'm not so much indicting the young man as am his shit show of a coaching staff and FO.

The coaching staff did eff that one up. They let Andre Smith go and had no alternative in place. They were expecting the young man to come in and play like a starting caliber LT cold turkey.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: Fine.  If he gets that excuse.....why were his coaches dumb enough to leave him out there? It was painfully obvious he was out of his league after week 1. I'm not so much indicting the young man as am his shit show of a coaching staff and FO.

(03-10-2017, 01:00 AM)Beaker Wrote: The coaching staff did eff that one up. They let Andre Smith go and had no alternative in place. They were expecting the young man to come in and play like a starting caliber LT cold turkey.

Common theme around these parts.

Coaching, coaching coaching...or in most cases, the lack there of...

This team has talent, and I'm pissed about Whit and pissed about Zeitler, but if we had coaches that were even half as smart as the guys in New England, this wouldn't matter one bit. They'd coach up Fisher and Ced into damn near All Pro levels, let them leave and just do it again, but here...here we just toss shit at the wall until something sticks.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 01:06 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Common theme around these parts.

This team has talent, and I'm pissed about Whit and pissed about Zeitler, but if we had coaches that were even half as smart as the guys in New England, this wouldn't matter one bit. They'd coach up Fisher and Ced into damn near All Pro levels, let them leave and just do it again, but here...here we just toss shit at the wall until something sticks.

Hell, the patriots were winning games with their 3rd string QB while brady was suspended last season.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 01:08 AM)Beaker Wrote: Hell, the patriots were winning games with their 3rd string QB while brady was suspended last season.

Yup, and went 11-5 with Matt freakin Cassel....

Not too mention trading a starting LB to the Browns midseason and still winning the Super Bowl.

The talent is there on this team...the scouting, the prep work, the coaching, it's just nowhere to be found. 

Reply/Quote
Dave Lapham still likes Ogbuehi. I'm willing to give him a pass on last season on Lap's recommendation alone.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 01:13 AM)Beaker Wrote: Dave Lapham still likes Ogbuehi. I'm willing to give him a pass on last season on Lap's recommendation alone.

Big Willie said the same thing. I remember reading his tweet that he could coach the kid up and make him a good player.

Guys like Lap and Willie know offensive line play, unfortunately, Paul Alexander doesn't seem to...

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 01:06 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Common theme around these parts.

(03-10-2017, 01:08 AM)Beaker Wrote: Hell, the patriots were winning games with their 3rd string QB while brady was suspended last season.

Exactly gentlemen. Also....to be clear....I am angrier about Zeitler leaving.  We heard they were rolling over money to extend him. That didn't happen....yet they tell us they only have 3 million left oit of the cap. What happened to that earmarked rollover money? Also.....had they had the foresight to get him extended before DeCastro got paid....this would be a moot point. Also....if they weren't so damn concerned with these BS comp.picks that hardly see the practice field and being cheap.....they could have tagged Whit for one year insurance and let Kirk walk.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 01:17 AM)Wyche Wrote: Exactly gentlemen. Also....to be clear....I am angrier about Zeitler leaving.  We heard they were rolling over money to extend him. That didn't happen....yet they tell us they only have 3 million left oit of the cap. What happened to that earmarked rollover money? Also.....had they had the foresight to get him extended before DeCastro got paid....this would be a moot point. Also....if they weren't so damn concerned with these BS comp.picks that hardly see the practice field and being cheap.....they could have tagged Whit for one year insurance and let Kirk walk.

That rollover money was earmarked alright...earmarked for Mikey's pocket and brand new gold plated golf cart.

Reply/Quote