Poll: Who Wins Sunday?
Broncos win
Bengals win
Beats me
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Broncos Game Prediction Thread
(12-14-2021, 04:57 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: playing the right teams at the right time early in the year

Shhhhhhh.  Don't say that part out loud.  We're better on the road, dammit  Smirk   
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
At Denver, the Broncos lead the series 13-3-0. Until the Bengals can prove they belong, I have to go with yet another heartbreaking loss. 23-17 Broncos on a last minute TD. It will be some weird fluke thing, like a deflected pass or something.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The OL better show up,or we may be without our starting Quarterback the rest of the way.Although I think Bengals will scheme around this defense,maybe even some trick plays,and pull out a win,24-20 Bengals
Reply/Quote
You know I love Teddy Bridgewater

but think the Bengals smoke some medicinal sticky-icky and find a way to come home on a Rocky Mountain high.

Bengals 26
Teddy 20

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
This team needs to show up on the road in 1st quarter especially our Offense, Burrow has only 3 TD vs 4 Ints in 1st quarter over 13 games. We need to get out to a early lead in Denver...
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 09:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: This team needs to show up on the road in 1st quarter  especially our Offense, Burrow has only 3 TD vs 4 Ints in 1st quarter over 13 games.  We need to get out to a early lead in Denver...

Good work, slugger.  Never miss a chance to take a shit on the franchise quarterback, lol.  I admire your dedication to trolling.
Reply/Quote
This is a game that they have to win. Denver on the road in December is a tall order, but the Broncos aren't a juggernaut. What they are is another team in the muck of the playoff race that will likely be left out when it's over. If the Bengals can't get it done this week, they'll be right they'll be right there with them.

Sunday changed my mind a lot about our playoff chances. A loss this week makes it a tough road even if they manage to pull out division wins vs Cleveland and the Ravens. Picking up a win will make them a much stronger contender for the North and will likely have fans right back where they were before Sunday in terms of playoff hopes.

If they can't win this game, then I don't know who they beat for the rest of the year. I can give Zac a mulligan if they get their butts handed to them by KC. Losing the other three should put him on the street in early January.
Reply/Quote
For me it all comes down to the quality of play in the trenches. If the Bengals’ offensive and defensive lines play well then the Broncos will be in for a very long painful experience. The Bengals’ offensive skill players and secondary are filled with talent which can only be observed when the big guys up front on either side of the ball do their jobs well.

I know they can do it. Look at the wholesale destruction of the Steelers and Ravens this year.

Cincinnati 34
Denver 20
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 11:27 PM)samhain Wrote: Good work, slugger.  Never miss a chance to take a shit on the franchise quarterback, lol.  I admire your dedication to trolling.

How is making a prediction of winning this game which I did in the poll but I also believe we need to get to the lead especially at Denver and I present  facts that our offense has  been bad in 1st quarter which it has and we continue to need to come behind and we rarely come from behind in 4th quarter and win.. (fact).    We are a better team when we can get ahead, our Oline is too unpredictable..

Burrow has had some great 4th quarter (fact) but he is also  sacked alot ...  i believe 3 times in 4th/OT .. if we get ahead (which we have not done well at all in 1st quarter (fact)  it puts us in a much better position of pass/run in 4th quarter and takes out the realize of passing so much with this Oline....  Last fact we are 2-5 when we throw over 30 passes this year including last year we are 4-11-1 when we throw over 30 passes. 

So i guess if you want to keep rooting for crap 1st quarters that most likely will lead to lose go ahead, im hoping a good 1st quarter and we will win this game against Denver Sunday
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 04:57 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: playing the right teams at the right time early in the year

DingDing
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 05:23 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Shhhhhhh.  Don't say that part out loud.  We're better on the road, dammit  Smirk   

The quote from WKRP under your username makes me miss that show.  I'm sorry, my mind seems to be drifting...
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Were done. Another loss.
Reply/Quote
Two things we have going for us: we have done well on the road this year, and have yet to lose three in a row. Let's hope that trend continues.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:01 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That's what we have to do, brother  ThumbsUp

I know, it's a reach to predict a W, especially playing out there.  They're a fanatical bunch.  I attended a pre-season game there a few years back that had 74,000 of the 77,000 capacity show up, and they loudly booed the 3,000 no-shows.  Two days ago, I sat in a 65,000-seat stadium that had only 50,000, and that's just business as usual.  

Just curious as to what you saw at the stadium, but in TV, the joint looked full except for the club section...which seems to happen a lot.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 03:27 PM)Tony Wrote: This reminds me a lot of 2006.. Remember  when we were 7-5 or something like that and Shank Grahm missed the extra point in Denver to tie at the end of the 4th.? They never recovered.. I hope they flip the script..
Cincinnati 34

Donkeys 19

Burrow , Higgins and Chase go off. We aren't running on them.. I'm gonna predict a Sample TD too..

That's a bold strategy Cotton....

Reply/Quote
I see this as a "get right" game. It will be imperative to get off to a quick start, but if the injured guys on defense are available, I think the Bengals get out of Denver with a win.

Bengals 31
Denver 20
Reply/Quote
Going with Denver because I’m assuming we’ll lose the turnover battle combined with a slow start. We talk every week about not turning the ball and continue to do it.

Broncos 28
Bengals 24
Reply/Quote
I can’t bring myself to predict a Bengals win the rest of this year. They are not trustworthy.
Reply/Quote
If the right Bengals team shows up, they can (and should) absolutely win the game. But they need a quick start and keep their foot on the gas. If Denver gets ahead, that's a hard road game to come back and win. I think it's possible, but the last couple of games haven't given me extreme confidence on whether we get the team energy that beat the Ravens, or the one that gets curb stomped.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 11:59 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: We've not fared well against the Broncos over the decades, and we have 10-22 record against them overall.  Denver especially has not been a very hospitable setting for us.  We did win on our last trip there in 2017, but the last win before that was in 1975.  Still, it can be done, and if this team has any playoff aspirations, it must be done.

We're on our second two-game losing streak of the 2021 season.  We were able to halt the previous skid by besting Vegas and coming back home to destroy Pittsburgh.  So, while we have been inconsistent, we have at times managed to get back on our feet.  I'm thinking we do that on Sunday.  It won't be pretty, but Ws are all that matter now.

Bengals 27
Broncos 23

What say you?

I'll always remember the 2006 loss on Christmas Eve that ended with that missed XP by Graham.
I haven't watched the Broncos enough this year to see their rushing style, but I know they're Top 10 in the league both in passing defense and rushing defense, so it could be difficult scoring on them.
Their passing game is not good, but I can see their rushing attack doing well if they can get outside. Gordon and Williams are both above average RBs, and they remain fresh.
I fully expect the Broncos to go to Fant often too, as the Bengals almost always struggle defending good TEs.

I just can't, with any confidence, predict a Bengals win right now.

Broncos 24-21
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote