Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Broncos expected to go after Whitworth
According to Mile High Sport's Benjamin Allbright, the Denver Broncos are expected to be among the teams trying to persuade soon to be free agent left tackle Andrew Whitworth to move on from the Bengals and sign with their team.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/2/21/14692056/report-broncos-expected-to-go-after-free-agent-left-tackle-andrew

Goodbye Whitworth! I wouldn't blame him for leaving this circus either
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I hope he goes to be honest.  He deserves a real chance at a SB. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We certainly won't win a bidding war. Never do.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 03:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I hope he goes to be honest.  He deserves a real chance at a SB. 

Denver doesn't have one with their current QB issues. If they get Romo like has been a rumor I could see it.
Reply/Quote
12 months ago we lost Andre Smith, Jones, Sanu, Hall, Nelson. ....If we now lose Whitworth, Kirkpatrick, Zeitler, LaFell, Peko, Burkhead and others.....Just plan on at least 12 losses in 2017.....because you can not lose all these players in 12 months time and not expect to go from play-offs to outhouse of last place. ....Our season begins in March on who Bengals resign. March resigning will tell if Bengals owner wants to win or be in last place.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The Bengals should just franchise at this point.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 03:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: We certainly won't win a bidding war. Never do.

Especially not against elway. He's not afraid to throw out the big $$$ for FA's. What's the franchise tag for an OT this year? Probably better just tag whit. Won't blame him at all if he leaves, he'll get a better deal on the open market. I agree that Denver isn't a SB contender unless they get a better QB though so maybe he'd choose us if the money is close
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 03:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: Denver doesn't have one with their current QB issues. If they get Romo like has been a rumor I could see it.

Getting Whit is probably a prelude to going for Romo.

I doubt Romo will play for any team that has OL issues after the injuries he's had. So they probably go for Whit, and then say "Come here Romo, you'll be nice and safe while throwing to Thomas and Sanders."

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
So are the Vikings. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 03:52 PM)J24 Wrote: The Bengals should just franchise at this point.

Certainly the Bengals need to franchise tag either Whitworth, Zeitler or Kirkpatrick.  Not tagging anybody would really be stupid. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 03:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Getting Whit is probably a prelude to going for Romo.

I doubt Romo will play for any team that has OL issues after the injuries he's had. So they probably go for Whit, and then say "Come here Romo, you'll be nice and safe while throwing to Thomas and Sanders."

If I'm Whit I am not going unless Romo is already there. No way you want to be on that offense without a real QB.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 03:42 PM)Trademark Wrote: According to Mile High Sport's Benjamin Allbright, the Denver Broncos are expected to be among the teams trying to persuade soon to be free agent left tackle Andrew Whitworth to move on from the Bengals and sign with their team.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/2/21/14692056/report-broncos-expected-to-go-after-free-agent-left-tackle-andrew

Goodbye Whitworth! I wouldn't blame him for leaving this circus either

If we lose Whit, we can throw away atleast a few seasons and maybe even Dalton. Sad

Sucks for us but i wish Whitworth the best and hope he gets a Superbowl. Great man and great player, one of the best.

God bless you Whit. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 03:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I hope he goes to be honest.  He deserves a real chance at a SB. 

Denver isn't a place to go to win a SB at this moment. They have a serious issue at QB right now. 

Oakland, New England, Green Bay those would be the top 3 places I'd be looking to go.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 04:05 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Denver isn't a place to go to win a SB at this moment. They have a serious issue at QB right now. 

Oakland, New England, Green Bay those would be the top 3 places I'd be looking to go.

Oakland has a lot of money tied up in the line and can't afford another high end piece, don't really need it either. NE doesn't pay high end money for lineman so if you want to go there you are playing for pennies on the dollar. GB usually doesn't pass out big money in outside FA's, but maybe with Rodgers getting up in age a bit they may invest in keeping him upright.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 04:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: Oakland has a lot of money tied up in the line and can't afford another high end piece, don't really need it either. NE doesn't pay high end money for lineman so if you want to go there you are playing for pennies on the dollar. GB usually doesn't pass out big money in outside FA's, but maybe with Rodgers getting up in age a bit they may invest in keeping him upright.

So bring him back here, he is our key piece.

Cannot believe we are even letting this be spoken of. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 04:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So bring him back here, he is our key piece.

Cannot believe we are even letting this be spoken of. Shocked

I mean we really don't know, it may not be an issue. We are all here freaking out but there may be a plan in place that will come together before FA opens. Deadlines spur actions, so I am sure some things will pick up in a week or two.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 04:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: I mean we really don't know, it may not be an issue. We are all here freaking out but there may be a plan in place that will come together before FA opens. Deadlines spur actions, so I am sure some things will pick up in a week or two.

Yeah, it is just such a scary thought and we are on a teetering point (spelling)?

If we bring back Whit we atleast have a chance at resurrecting this team. If not, no chance IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 03:51 PM)kevin Wrote: 12 months ago we lost Andre Smith, Jones, Sanu, Hall, Nelson. ....If we now lose Whitworth, Kirkpatrick, Zeitler, LaFell, Peko, Burkhead and others.....Just plan on at least 12 losses in 2017.....because you can not lose all these players in 12 months time and not expect to go from play-offs to outhouse of last place. ....Our season begins in March on who Bengals resign. March resigning will tell if Bengals owner wants to win or be in last place.

Losing Peko is addition by subtraction.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 04:31 PM)samhain Wrote: Losing Peko is addition by subtraction.

Truth, so is losing Maualuga from the way he played last year.

Whitworth is the one player we cannot lose in my opinion. I think we could replace Zeitler with another Guard in FA, not Whit.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 04:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: Oakland has a lot of money tied up in the line and can't afford another high end piece, don't really need it either. NE doesn't pay high end money for lineman so if you want to go there you are playing for pennies on the dollar. GB usually doesn't pass out big money in outside FA's, but maybe with Rodgers getting up in age a bit they may invest in keeping him upright.

New England doesn't pay top $$ nor does GB, that is true but I don't see Whit leaving because of money.

Honestly, I don't see him leaving at all unless the FO totally screws up this offseason. However, if he does leave, it isn't going to be for money, it will be for a ring. I'm pretty sure that New England and Green Bay would take him on if the contract wasn't too expensive.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote