Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Broncos expected to go after Whitworth
(02-22-2017, 06:44 PM)Benton Wrote: my money is Minnesota.

kalil's $11 million to sit around is up if I remember right. I'd imagine they're throwing that at whit, who is a lot less injured, a lot more consistent and puts them in an immediate chance to have a solid line. And it makes sense for whit. He knows some of the staff already and they've got a playoff team waiting on a lineman.

Sure, except Minnesota is in no better position than the Bengals at this point.  They aren't a Super Bowl contender.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 08:08 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Sure, except Minnesota is in no better position than the Bengals at this point.  They aren't a Super Bowl contender.
I'd say they're in better shape than us. A lineman or two and a receiver and they're as good as anyone.

and they've got two options at QB, which is two more options than Denver has. They can either throw lynch (who I'm a fan of) to the fire or bring in a veteran. I think they'll go with lynch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 08:23 PM)Benton Wrote: I'd say they're in better shape than us. A lineman or two and a receiver and they're as good as anyone.

and they've got two options at QB, which is two more options than Denver has. They can either throw lynch (who I'm a fan of) to the fire or bring in a veteran. I think they'll go with lynch.

Bridgewater won't be back this year and Bradford is woefully average and they probably won't have AP.  I really don't see them as a team that is close enough to the Super Bowl for him to make the jump.

We may be in trouble if Seattle, New England, Green Bay, Atlanta or Oakland came calling.
Reply/Quote
Pure speculation, at this point.  I don't put much stock into it.  Somehow, I see Whitworth coming to terms with the Bengals on a front loaded, two year deal.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 09:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pure speculation, at this point.  I don't put much stock into it.  Somehow, I see Whitworth coming to terms with the Bengals on a front loaded, two year deal.

That's how I feel as well. I can't see them just letting Whit walk, especially after seeing how incredibly over-matched Ced looked last year at RT. I can't imagine that they're comfortable with the idea of him protecting Andy's blindside this year.
Reply/Quote
Everybody RELAX.....the Marvin Lewis extension will get done 1st then they will low ball Whit. It's like you guys have never experienced a Bengals offseason before.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 08:29 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Bridgewater won't be back this year and Bradford is woefully average and they probably won't have AP.  I really don't see them as a team that is close enough to the Super Bowl for him to make the jump.

We may be in trouble if Seattle, New England, Green Bay, Atlanta or Oakland came calling.
I laughed at Bradford, bit he surprised me. When the line was decent, we was good. No picks and six or seven tds. Not outstanding, but they were as good as anyone.

its not Bradford's fault smith took his usual 15 games off.

receiver and a couple consistent linemen, they'll be good. Better than Oakland and Seattle for sure. Probably even green bay
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 12:02 AM)Benton Wrote: I laughed at Bradford, bit he surprised me. When the line was decent, we was good. No picks and six or seven tds. Not outstanding, but they were as good as anyone.

its not Bradford's fault smith took his usual 15 games off.

receiver and a couple consistent linemen, they'll be good. Better than Oakland and Seattle for sure. Probably even green bay

Maybe Seattle...maybe...but not better than Green Bay, and no one is talking about Atlanta either. No reason a guy who went to LSU wouldn't look to sign with a team in Georgia or perhaps even go home to the Saints with a good coach and a HOF QB. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Denver is too high for whitworth (pun intended).

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 03:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Getting Whit is probably a prelude to going for Romo.

I doubt Romo will play for any team that has OL issues after the injuries he's had. So they probably go for Whit, and then say "Come here Romo, you'll be nice and safe while throwing to Thomas and Sanders."

Romo couldn't even stay healthy behind the best oline in the league. 

If I'm Whit I'd rather play with Andy Dalton than an aging QB with back issues. 

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 08:29 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Bridgewater won't be back this year and Bradford is woefully average and they probably won't have AP.  I really don't see them as a team that is close enough to the Super Bowl for him to make the jump.

It's pretty likely Bridgewater is done. Bradford did well with what he got thrown into, but they still need more pieces than LT. 
Reply/Quote
So a full blown rebuild of the o-line headed by Wolfgang and funded by Mike Brown?

Dalton is going to get the David Carr treatment this year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
By his wife's comments when season ended, it reminded me of Marvin Jones family wanting him out of here lol. I would not be surprised if whit left and we drafted a tackle in the draft.
Reply/Quote
Plus I'm sure whit wants the money hegots a lot of kids he wants to take care of in the future.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 02:43 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So a full blown rebuild of the o-line headed by Wolfgang and funded by Mike Brown?

Dalton is going to get the David Carr treatment this year.

David Klingler as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 04:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: I mean we really don't know, it may not be an issue. We are all here freaking out but there may be a plan in place that will come together before FA opens. Deadlines spur actions, so I am sure some things will pick up in a week or two.

I hope to be pleasantly surprised if they really have a plan beyond saving as much money for Mike Brown's pockets as possible, but I'm not optimistic right now.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 03:42 PM)Trademark Wrote: According to Mile High Sport's Benjamin Allbright, the Denver Broncos are expected to be among the teams trying to persuade soon to be free agent left tackle Andrew Whitworth to move on from the Bengals and sign with their team.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/2/21/14692056/report-broncos-expected-to-go-after-free-agent-left-tackle-andrew

Goodbye Whitworth! I wouldn't blame him for leaving this circus either

Lol he gone.

We all know Mikey Boy aint getting in no bidding war.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 05:42 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: By his wife's comments when season ended, it reminded me of Marvin Jones family wanting him out of here lol.  I would not be surprised if whit left and we drafted a tackle in the draft.

What did Whit's wife say? What did Marv's family say? 
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 12:07 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Maybe Seattle...maybe...but not better than Green Bay, and no one is talking about Atlanta either. No reason a guy who went to LSU wouldn't look to sign with a team in Georgia or perhaps even go home to the Saints with a good coach and a HOF QB. 
I thought Atlanta was set on the line? I haven't been looking at other teams free agents but they had a top 10 line, I thought.
Reply/Quote
When we lose Big Z and Whit these boards are gonna implode.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote