Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Broncos expected to go after Whitworth
(02-22-2017, 03:42 PM)Trademark Wrote: According to Mile High Sport's Benjamin Allbright, the Denver Broncos are expected to be among the teams trying to persuade soon to be free agent left tackle Andrew Whitworth to move on from the Bengals and sign with their team.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/2/21/14692056/report-broncos-expected-to-go-after-free-agent-left-tackle-andrew

Goodbye Whitworth! I wouldn't blame him for leaving this circus either

doesn't make sense they should get a young LT to grow with their QB
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 11:29 AM)Okeana Wrote: When we lose Big Z and Whit these boards are gonna implode.

It'll be similar to when we lost MLJ and Sanu...or JJo...or Michael Johnson.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 11:29 AM)Okeana Wrote: When we lose Big Z and Whit these boards are gonna implode.

Id say theres a very high probability that we do lose both.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 11:34 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: doesn't make sense they should get a young LT to grow with their QB

Unless they feel they are still in "win-now" mode. Whitworth and a vet QB like Romo could get that back in the contender picture.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 11:49 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It'll be similar to when we lost MLJ and Sanu...or JJo...or Michael Johnson.

It will be far worse. For MLJ and Sanu, practically everyone only cared about losing MLJ and wanted Sanu gone. Sanu wasn't considered a good WR2.
Regarding JJo or MJ, they were good at the time of departure but that was just one key player each time.
If the Bengals lose Whit and Zeitler at the same time, they'd be losing two elite players on a unit that already had a down year. The results would be catastrophic.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If they lose Whitworth March is going to be a very dark time in Bengal land
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 07:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The Bengals don;t control the player.. maybe they have offered him something maybe he has decided to test market.. we see this all the team with players and teams... it is called leverage... that is what FA do in this situation. 

Whit said he wanted to be back earlier this Offseason. This is not what i expected.

Is it what you expected?

If the one player that holds our team together wants to be back you reassure him we are trying to go after a Lombardi
and you pay the man. Simple as that, you don't let other teams come into the conversation. As we all know we will lose
once that happens. Happened over and over again. Broken frickin' record Essex.
Reply/Quote
According to the ESPN ticker on my phone, the Broncos have decided not to pick up OT Russell Okung's contract.  There may be some validity to all of this..... :paul:

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Broncos-decline-to-pick-up-Russell-Okungs-option-51445827

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 03:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It will be far worse. For MLJ and Sanu, practically everyone only cared about losing MLJ and wanted Sanu gone. Sanu wasn't considered a good WR2.
Regarding JJo or MJ, they were good at the time of departure but that was just one key player each time.
If the Bengals lose Whit and Zeitler at the same time, they'd be losing two elite players on a unit that already had a down year. The results would be catastrophic.

The truth, it will be way worse if we lose both of these guys than any other time i can remember in FA.

(02-23-2017, 03:57 PM)nkets Wrote: If they lose Whitworth March is going to be a very dark time in Bengal land

Pitch black.

Good to see you again Nkets. Got any new Bengal vids my man?
Reply/Quote
I feel we will make fair offers but not drop the tag on either so if they choose not to sign then they will test the market.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 04:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The truth, it will be way worse if we lose both of these guys than any other time i can remember in FA.

Pitch black.

If we lose both we might as well overhaul the entire Line  excluding boiling....      
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 04:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If we lose both we might as well overhaul the entire Line  excluding boiling....      

Start with the O-line coach and we might have something.

Otherwise, they will become the Queefland Clowns.

Our players do not deserves this, it is sickening. Sick
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 04:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Start with the O-line coach and we might have something.

Otherwise, they will become the Queefland Clowns.

Our players do not deserves this, it is sickening. Sick

Not worried about it. I think whatever Whitworth decides to do will be good for him. The Bengals successfully moved on from Munoz, Jones, & Anderson. They will successfully move on from Andrew Whitworth.

My fanhood is still feeling good today.

PS: They better hold on to McCarron. AD 'bout to get SMASHED!

PPS: They better hold on to Driskel, too.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 04:24 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Not worried about it. I think whatever Whitworth decides to do will be good for him. The Bengals successfully moved on from Munoz, Jones, & Anderson. They will successfully move on from Andrew Whitworth.

My fanhood is still feeling good today.

PS: They better hold on to McCarron. AD 'bout to get SMASHED!

PPS: They better hold on to Driskel, too.

Going from a perennial playoff team to a 3-4 win team sucks to me...

To each his own.

Plus AJM holds onto the ball too long, he will not help us if the OL sucks. Just fold it in if we lose Whit. No point.

Fisher might be able to play LT a touch but Og is a bust, we will have to draft Cam Robinson in the first round.
Reply/Quote
So hard to tell, because he's openly said he loves playing here, but he's at that point in his career where he knows this is last contract, so the "itch" to leave is probably higher than if he was in his late 20's. And he's fully aware of how this franchise operates, so maybe there's some doubt that has crept into his mind about this franchises ability to win a SB?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 04:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Going from a perennial playoff team to a 3-4 win team sucks to me...

To each his own.

Plus AJM holds onto the ball too long, he will not help us if the OL sucks. Just fold it in if we lose Whit. No point.

Fisher might be able to play LT a touch but Og is a bust, we will have to draft Cam Robinson in the first round.

90's music and popculture is back. Why not bring the Bengals back with it?
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 04:32 PM)PDub80 Wrote: 90's music and popculture is back. Why not bring the Bengals back with it?

Cause it is sucks ballz, that is why. Whatever
Reply/Quote
It's weird seeing Whit as a "hot commodity". He's never garnered much free agent interest. Always been underrated and pretty easy to re-sign. We've always loved him, but the league has been oblivious to his presence (not even getting probowl votes until the last couple years) for most of his career. Interesting at 35 how we are suddenly in bidding wars for his services. All these years and Whit has never been someone we feared to lose, or chased a big contract. Now you wonder how we've held on to him so long.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I'm sorry, and this is going to get crapped on, but giving Andrew Whitworth a huge contract extension with long year or big guaranteed dollars at this point in his career is the wrong thing to do.

The Patriots WOULDN'T do it. The Bengals SHOULDN'T do it. No way... No how.
Reply/Quote
Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:The truth, it will be way worse if we lose both of these guys than any other time i can remember in FA.

Pitch black.

It's been a while, being a working class individual it's hard to find the time. Although the idea did cross my mind just yesterday so be on the lookout closer to the season starting. I'll be sure to post any on here like I did back on the old boards
Rock On
Reply/Quote