Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Broncos expected to go after Whitworth
(02-24-2017, 06:00 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: If you are playing the game to win the Superbowl every year, you sign or tag Whit.

If you are playing the game to have 3 non-losing seasons out of the next five years, you don't sign or tag Whit.

The core isn't getting any younger. If it were up to me, I'd go for broke and try to win as much as possible within the next two years. If you have to tag Whit and overpay some folks, so be it.

Yes, yes, yes and there's dead weight here to clear out for even more cap room.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2017, 06:00 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: If you are playing the game to win the Superbowl every year, you sign or tag Whit.

If you are playing the game to have 3 non-losing seasons out of the next five years, you don't sign or tag Whit.

The core isn't getting any younger. If it were up to me, I'd go for broke and try to win as much as possible within the next two years. If you have to tag Whit and overpay some folks, so be it.

Lets go for broke....

-Sign Warmack at RG, Wisnewski at Center, tell Whit we are going for the Lombardi and sign him for a couple years.
-Bring in Calais Campbell opposite Dunlap, Fairley at DT, let MJ and Peko go.
-Bring in Sean Spence at LB, let Maualuga go.
-Draft one of those stud RB's in the first round, Dalvin Cook or Fournette.
-Raw talented OT for the future.
-Center...

BOOM!!! Mellow
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2017, 10:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lets go for broke....

-Sign Warmack at RG, Wisnewski at Center, tell Whit we are going for the Lombardi and sign him for a couple years.
-Center...

BOOM!!! Mellow

But then we wake up and realize this is still the Bengals and that beautiful plan was part of a dream that ended with Mike Brown laughing as he takes money from our pockets once again as giggles claps his way to an 8-8 season.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I can understand with Whit because of his age and the fact that they just used high picks on Tackles ( Mikey could care less if they suck at this point) but, there is no reason to not have an offer for Zeitler already or at least Tag him. We will wait till Denver or another team makes a ludicrous offer then we will hear that we made a similar offer like we did with Jones. The line sucks as it is, hell Dalton should be fighting for these guys. Im still holding out hope. The plan for the future ran into a major snag with OG and Fisher looking like crap and WJ3 getting hurt. For that reason I think we will be active in FA's this year. Cant believe I just said that, its late going to bed.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 05:21 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I can understand with Whit because of his age and the fact that they just used high picks on Tackles ( Mikey could care less if they suck at this point) but, there is no reason to not have an offer for Zeitler already or at least Tag him. We will wait till Denver or another team makes a ludicrous offer then we will hear that we made a similar offer like we did with Jones. The line sucks as it is, hell Dalton should be fighting for these guys. Im still holding out hope. The plan for the future ran into a major snag with OG and Fisher looking like crap and WJ3 getting hurt. For that reason I think we will be active in FA's this year. Cant believe I just said that, its late going to bed.

We very well might.  Hell, we might sign three over the hill guys nobody else wants.  They have to have been cut, though.  Can't miss out on those end of round 6 comp picks.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 01:21 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: But then we wake up and realize this is still the Bengals and that beautiful plan was part of a dream that ended with Mike Brown laughing as he takes money from our pockets once again as giggles claps his way to an 8-8 season.

You are such a buzz kill Murdock. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2017, 10:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lets go for broke....

-Center...

BOOM!!! Mellow

Hobson says we need 40 million for the draft and injuries though
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 09:43 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Hobson says we need 40 million for the draft and injuries though

Tell Hobspin to screw off Ricky. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 04:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are such a buzz kill Murdock. Whatever

I can give you a few suggestions on a nice scotch that will help get that buzz back on.  Tongue

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 10:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I can give you a few suggestions on a nice scotch that will help get that buzz back on.  Tongue

Tell me, i need some...

Used to like Dewars, tasted an entire bar and the bartender said taste this...

It was Jamison's, not even scotch and i started drinking that instead and i always loved me scotch.

Jamison's be good. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 10:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Tell me, i need some...

Used to like Dewars, tasted an entire bar and the bartender said taste this...

It was Jamison's, not even scotch and i started drinking that instead and i always loved me scotch.

Jamison's be good. Mellow

Aberlour 12 Year Old Double Cask Matured Highland Single Malt Scotch. It is wonderful.

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 03:42 PM)Trademark Wrote: According to Mile High Sport's Benjamin Allbright, the Denver Broncos are expected to be among the teams trying to persuade soon to be free agent left tackle Andrew Whitworth to move on from the Bengals and sign with their team.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/2/21/14692056/report-broncos-expected-to-go-after-free-agent-left-tackle-andrew

Goodbye Whitworth! I wouldn't blame him for leaving this circus either

We can always count on Paul Alexander and Ced Oggieboggie boy to step up.  Ninja

LOL, all joking aside, this why the Bengals handling of free agency prevents them from ever winning in the post season.

Reply/Quote
"We keep our own."
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 12:33 PM)Big Boss Wrote: "We keep our own."

Except when we don't.

Reply/Quote
I've always been pretty confident that Whit would be re-signed, but I'm not gonna lie...as the days keep passing with no deal, I'm getting a little more worried.

While free agency opens on the 9th, the two day negotiating window starts on the 7th. I can't see them outbidding anyone for Whit, so if a deal is going to get done, they've got just over a week to make it happen. 

Of course, that's assuming Whit still wants to come back.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 01:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I've always been pretty confident that Whit would be re-signed, but I'm not gonna lie...as the days keep passing with no deal, I'm getting a little more worried.

While free agency opens on the 9th, the two day negotiating window starts on the 7th. I can't see them outbidding anyone for Whit, so if a deal is going to get done, they've got just over a week to make it happen. 

Of course, that's assuming Whit still wants to come back.

I'm fairly sure that Whit's agent has a very, very good idea of which teams are interested in Whit and what their offers are going to be. The fact that it has already been stated that Denver is going after Whit interferes with the Bengals' negotiations.

Reminds me of JJoe's contract year. I fear we'll be a day late and a dollar short.

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 01:56 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm fairly sure that Whit's agent has a very, very good idea of which teams are interested in Whit and what their offers are going to be. The fact that it has already been stated that Denver is going after Whit interferes with the Bengals' negotiations.

Reminds me of JJoe's contract year. I fear we'll be a day late and a dollar short.

He'll get his money wherever he goes, for sure.  If he leaves, it won't be about money.  If that's where his mind is, we won't be able to change it.

Reply/Quote
Mike Brown makes it very hard to be a Bengals fan. We have 3 key free agents and the money to sign all 3 since they're sitting on $40 million+ of cap space. Unfortunately, writers are already helping spread the Mike Brown math that the Bengals will on have around $20 million to actually spend because of the draft, injury cushion, practice squad, rollover for next year, and so on. The Bengals are cutting their cap space by over half! $20 million is not enough to sign Whit, Z, and DreK much less try to keep Burkhead. Unfortunately, we're about to watch at least 2, if not all 3 of those free agents walk away and not be properly replaced because we value comp picks more.

I understand people showing how the big spenders don't tend to equal winners. I'm not asking for the team to be big spenders. I'm not asking them to "win" free agency. I want them to keep our own important players while adding complimentary pieces that are not past their prime, former first round busts, or bargain basement reclamation projects. That tends to be what I see most fans asking for. Somehow, that makes us bad fans or football ignorant fans because we want our team to actually try to win now.

I know Brown loves the draft because it's cheaper, but I'm tired of the draft and develop until the final year of their rookie contract and be forced to make a decision on an unknown because we wasted them for 3-4 years. Spare me with the list of rookies who have started. The Bengals dick around with draft picks more than they use them.

Whit should already have been re-signed. If they really wanted to keep DreK and Zeitler, they should have already been signed as well. Instead of getting screwed on comp picks again next year, lets actually sign our own plus a couple of others that might help push us up the ladder. Oh yeah, I forgot. The Bengals only get to play with 30-40% of their cap space unlike the rest of the league.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 02:07 PM)McC Wrote: He'll get his money wherever he goes, for sure.  If he leaves, it won't be about money.  If that's where his mind is, we won't be able to change it.

Good money + championship caliber team = offer Bengals can't match.

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 02:12 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Mike Brown makes it very hard to be a Bengals fan. We have 3 key free agents and the money to sign all 3 since they're sitting on $40 million+ of cap space. Unfortunately, writers are already helping spread the Mike Brown math that the Bengals will on have around $20 million to actually spend because of the draft, injury cushion, practice squad, rollover for next year, and so on. The Bengals are cutting their cap space by over half! $20 million is not enough to sign Whit, Z, and DreK much less try to keep Burkhead. Unfortunately, we're about to watch at least 2, if not all 3 of those free agents walk away and not be properly replaced because we value comp picks more.

I understand people showing how the big spenders don't tend to equal winners. I'm not asking for the team to be big spenders. I'm not asking them to "win" free agency. I want them to keep our own important players while adding complimentary pieces that are not past their prime, former first round busts, or bargain basement reclamation projects. That tends to be what I see most fans asking for. Somehow, that makes us bad fans or football ignorant fans because we want our team to actually try to win now.

I know Brown loves the draft because it's cheaper, but I'm tired of the draft and develop until the final year of their rookie contract and be forced to make a decision on an unknown because we wasted them for 3-4 years. Spare me with the list of rookies who have started. The Bengals dick around with draft picks more than they use them.

Whit should already have been re-signed. If they really wanted to keep DreK and Zeitler, they should have already been signed as well. Instead of getting screwed on comp picks again next year, lets actually sign our own plus a couple of others that might help push us up the ladder. Oh yeah, I forgot. The Bengals only get to play with 30-40% of their cap space unlike the rest of the league.

New year same ol' Mikey Brown.

One and all knows that since free agency began the Bengals have been a complete failure of a team. Mike Brown, unlike his father, refuses to change with the time. Paul Brown was a leader of change in the NFL. His son never learned that, never even recognized it from what I can tell.

Reply/Quote